• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

There's nothing in the rules about minimum age.

No official statement as to who the player in question was or what rule was broken but people thought it was Bentaleb as noone could find his age. Turns out he was 17 which was fine.

One article suggested Liverpool lodged a complaint about 2 ineligible players (Gomelt and Veljkovic maybe who were originally trialists?) whereas Jjetset said it was in the earlier rounds.

As I said above mate, it was either unregistered or underage. Definitely not over age ;)

I think the age limits stated above might be a year out. I think we can play a minimum of three players born in 1993, with any two on the pitch at one time, as I recall last season players like Nicholson, Fredericks and Luongo being referred to as overage, all being born in 1992.

So our overage players this year would be three of Archer, Miles, Barthram, Ekong, Stewart, Munns, Pritchard, Kane and Vigouroux.

FWIW Darren McQueen is showing on the website now.

As I said above mate, it was either unregistered or underage. Definitely not over age ;)

Even if the tournament was 16-19 (which it isn't as there's no underage rule) then noone broke those rules. Maybe someone should ask all these fantastic ITKs on twitter to find out exactly what it was :)

I think the age limits stated above might be a year out. I think we can play a minimum of three players born in 1993, with any two on the pitch at one time, as I recall last season players like Nicholson, Fredericks and Luongo being referred to as overage, all being born in 1992.

So our overage players this year would be three of Archer, Miles, Barthram, Ekong, Stewart, Munns, Pritchard, Kane and Vigouroux.

FWIW Darren McQueen is showing on the website now.

I think you're right. I was just thinking about that myself.

How brick is our official site, just went on there to see who was re-signed to our academy and the profiles are either not up or severely outdated most of them from 2 seasons ago!! really embarassing. Half of the players have no pictures or bios

How brick is our official site, just went on there to see who was re-signed to our academy and the profiles are either not up or severely outdated most of them from 2 seasons ago!! really embarassing. Half of the players have no pictures or bios

Yeah is toss. Can't take to much to pay someone 20k a year to make our website actually up to date, I'd take that job straight away. How much do we pay Jenas on a weekly basis for fudges sake? Maybe that can be what he does

Yeah is toss. Can't take to much to pay someone 20k a year to make our website actually up to date, I'd take that job straight away. How much do we pay Jenas on a weekly basis for fudges sake? Maybe that can be what he does

:ross:

Honestly they could probably find someone to do it for free, how much fudging time does it take to post a little paragraph on a player. Zin does it on here on a daily basis ffs

I find the official site odd. At least the academy players we have are upto date now. In the last week a whole bunch of our academy players made the step up to the professionals list even though the last word about pro contracts had only a handful of them mentioned and Ekong as a third year scholar. Hell Grant Hall has been with us a month as still no sign of him on any list. Pienaar is still listed on the 1st team list too.

:ross:

Honestly they could probably find someone to do it for free, how much fudging time does it take to post a little paragraph on a player. Zin does it on here on a daily basis ffs

Exactly. How many "Dawson excited about upcoming game" or "Parker ready to play football" or "Defoe ready to score goals" or "Gomes bricking himself as he may get picked to play" articles do we get, with the same brick that was being churned out when we were kicking pigs bladders about and yet they can't keep the site updated about the academy players.

I had no idea we'd signed Hall Zin, no idea whatsoever.

Has anyone had anything to say about him yet? Is it windycoys that usually has the low down on youth and such?

Last time I looked they had less information on players on the new site than the older one.

The stats section is hopeless. The appearances generally exclude the cups and where they are included they are often wrong. Apparently Benny played ten games in the league cup in 2010-11 and no mention of the CL. The older sites had this information.

Bongani Khumalo playing for PAOK tonight, one goal down already. But they won first tie 2-0, we could end up playing against him in the Europa League this season.

So championship next season, prem the year after if our recent loan strategy is anything to go by.

He'll need to do well this year, his contract expires in 2014 so will need an extension if he goes out on loan again next year.

Lets see how Fredericks gets on however when he played in the Europa last year he looked out of his depth, mind you he only looked about 15 years old!

Wonder whether we'll loan out as many as previous season given this new youth PL type competition?

Lets see how Fredericks gets on however when he played in the Europa last year he looked out of his depth, mind you he only looked about 15 years old!

Wonder whether we'll loan out as many as previous season given this new youth PL type competition?

I'm guessing we won't send players out on loan quite as frequently and maybe not quite as early in their development. Last season we didn't really have many games for those players past the academy/u18 stage, but not ready for the first team yet. With decent matching for those players in this youth PL competition we won't have to just send them out anywhere only for them to really not get many games as they're not ready or weren't sent to a team that fit their situation.

Back