• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

NEXTGEN QUARTER FINAL SPURS v SPORTING

Our NextGen series quarter-final fixture against Sporting Clube de Portugal will take place at Leyton Orient’s Matchroom Stadium on Wednesday 20 March at 7pm.

This is a straight knock-out fixture with the result determined by extra time and penalties if required.

Ticket details for the match:

Adults £5
U18s - £1

Tickets available from Matchroom Stadium Reception from 6pm on the night of the game.

1882 are doing the U21 away game vs the Scum on Mon 22nd April.
Apparently Spurs fans are being given the terracing (standing without stewards interferring - old school) & it currently appears that entry is free.

5 min walk from High Barnet tube & a pub on the way - what more do you want?.

Be great if we had 300+ there.

Going to watch Brighton-Leicester on saturday 6th Apil.
Getting free tickets :D Hopefully in the away end.

Will do my usual "No frills" write up afterwards. (Focusing on Harry Kane)

Oh and also, im taking my brother to mine and his first 1882 game at Underhill on the 22nd april. Its me first one (1882 wise) so hope you regulars make it a good 'un for us..
:barnet:

Juventus at home to Rosenborg in the U19 NextGen Series Round of 16 tonight.

Winner is away to Chelsea in the Quarter Finals.

NEXTGEN SERIES SEMI-FINALS & FINAL

The dates and venue for the NextGen Series Finals have been revealed today, with Como Calcio’s Stadio Giuseppe Sinigaglia hosting both Semi-Finals and the Final across a weekend of NextGen football (Friday 29th March and Monday 1st April). The 7,500 capacity stadium is situated on the banks of Lake Como and will provide the perfect setting for the pinnacle of the tournament – all available to watch live on Eurosport.

Ahead of the finals, co-founder Justin Andrews said: “We’re very proud to be partnering with Lake Como for the finals of NextGen this year. There is a great tradition of football in Italy and we’re delighted Como Calcio is so dedicated to the legacy of this tournament and helping to shape these future stars of football.”
NextGen will be bringing fans the three games LIVE around the globe via Eurosport, ESPN, ESPN Asia and SuperSport.
The full fixtures for the semi-finals and final are as follows:

Semi 1 - Friday 29th March at 17.30 (CET)
Semi 2 – Friday 29th March at 20.00 (CET)
Final – Monday 1st April at 18.00 (CET)

Simon Dawkins admits he would be willing to stay on at Aston Villa next season, if Tottenham Hotspur agree to extend his loan agreement.

The 25-year-old forward is due to spend the remainder of the 2012/13 campaign with Villa, having linked up with the Premier League strugglers in January.

He has been restricted to substitute appearances so far, but could force his way into Paul Lambert's plans for a crucial clash with Reading on Saturday.

Dawkins claims to be ready if required and says he would welcome the opportunity to gain more experience with Villa next term if the first-team door remains closed to him at White Hart Lane.

"I hope I can have an impact here with Aston Villa," said Dawkins, a product of Spurs' academy system who shone during a loan spell with MLS outfit San Jose Earthquakes last season.

"I surprised myself last season with the goals I scored. I'm still learning but I'd like to make as much impact as possible.

"I would definitely like to stay here beyond the end of the season.

"Villa have given me this opportunity. They came calling and wanted to sign me and they have given me my chance in the Premier League.

"Now I want to show my loyalty and give everything I can. The most important thing is to help the team avoid relegation because this team doesn't belong anywhere but the Premier League.

"Whatever I can do to help will be good and that's what I'm striving towards. This is a big club with big players and we shouldn't be where we are. We have to stick together to get out of it."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8545866/Simon-Dawkins-would-be-prepared-to-extend-his-loan-deal-at-Aston-Villa

You're welcome as long as you sing your heart out for 90 mins!

Question fella - How many fans can fit into that terraced end in Barnets ground? I've got a feeling that we could be bringing alot of fans to this...
Also has a pub been allocated to us yet? Pretty buzzing for this one!

PS- dont worry, im pwopa spurs. Went Ukraine for the donetsk game with 300 others.. 8)

Question fella - How many fans can fit into that terraced end in Barnets ground? I've got a feeling that we could be bringing alot of fans to this...
Also has a pub been allocated to us yet? Pretty buzzing for this one!

PS- dont worry, im pwopa spurs. Went Ukraine for the donetsk game with 300 others.. 8)

No idea mate but i think which ever pub we decide is ours - will be ours!
Will look into the terrace numbers.

Hats of to you for doing Donetsk mate.

Edit -

The tiny North Terrace backs onto Westcombe Drive, where residents can watch the action. The Main Stand is flanked by two smaller stands, the North West Terrace and Family Stand.

After a matchday incident on the East Terrace, the club acted to increase the distance between home and away supporters. Away fans have been segregated further towards the north of the terrace. When away support is expected to number over 500, the whole of the North-East section is opened, and the Central section is closed to enforce the new segregation arrangements. The situation further highlights the inadequacy of Underhill as a Football League stadium, even though it now meets league criteria, and the club continues to search for a new home.

Last edited:
Simon Dawkins admits he would be willing to stay on at Aston Villa next season, if Tottenham Hotspur agree to extend his loan agreement.

The 25-year-old forward is due to spend the remainder of the 2012/13 campaign with Villa, having linked up with the Premier League strugglers in January.

He has been restricted to substitute appearances so far, but could force his way into Paul Lambert's plans for a crucial clash with Reading on Saturday.

Dawkins claims to be ready if required and says he would welcome the opportunity to gain more experience with Villa next term if the first-team door remains closed to him at White Hart Lane.

"I hope I can have an impact here with Aston Villa," said Dawkins, a product of Spurs' academy system who shone during a loan spell with MLS outfit San Jose Earthquakes last season.

"I surprised myself last season with the goals I scored. I'm still learning but I'd like to make as much impact as possible.

"I would definitely like to stay here beyond the end of the season.

"Villa have given me this opportunity. They came calling and wanted to sign me and they have given me my chance in the Premier League.

"Now I want to show my loyalty and give everything I can. The most important thing is to help the team avoid relegation because this team doesn't belong anywhere but the Premier League.

"Whatever I can do to help will be good and that's what I'm striving towards. This is a big club with big players and we shouldn't be where we are. We have to stick together to get out of it."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8545866/Simon-Dawkins-would-be-prepared-to-extend-his-loan-deal-at-Aston-Villa

He's 25?!?!?!? I knew he wasnt in the first flush of youth but thought he was 22 or 23! He cant be earning much but would still expect us to either terminate his contract or give him away in the summer

He's 25?!?!?!? I knew he wasnt in the first flush of youth but thought he was 22 or 23! He cant be earning much but would still expect us to either terminate his contract or give him away in the summer

Levy will sell him to Villa for 8 million. Nailed on.

we gave him away last summer i believe but Sherwood convinced the club to bring him back, obviously see's something in him

I'll look forward to seeing Bostock play - STH with Toronto. Home opener today, but not at usual ground. Despite a cloudless day and temps near 10C, they're wimping out and using the domed stadium.

Mate works in their media relations dept., giving me the tour of the new training centre next week and I'll pass on any gossip on Bostock and Nelsen. Pretty sure the Nelsen chatter will all be positive.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/wolves-u18-spurs-report-09032013.page?

WOLVES U18S 1-2 SPURS
Posted 09 March 2013 3:20pm
Ruben Lameiras was on target again as our Under-18s beat Wolves 2-1 in the Barclays U18 Premier League on Saturday.

The midfielder scored what turned out to be the winner in first half injury time to make it three goals in his last five appearances for the Under-18s.
Dominic Ball opened the scoring in the 18th minute, Wolves levelled seven minutes later before Lameiras struck in the 46th minute.
We'll have the views of Academy Manager, John McDermott, later...

Spurs U18s: McGee, McEneff, Ball, Dombaxe, Ogilvie, Lesniak, Winks, Onomah (Michael-Percil, 69), Lameiras (Vincent-Young, 75), Oduwa (Zapata-Caicedo, 57), Akindayini.

They say Townsend has scored the best goal ever scored in that stadium this season. He was also voted QPR player of the month for February. Hopefully this loan could be the making of him

Back