• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 5:2 diet

SpursLodge

Nicola Berti
I started it last month and have found it really easy to do and have noticed I've lost a bit of weight already. I was just wondering if others have tried it, if they found it easy early on and then struggled later or if there's any tips for things to eat on the 2 diet days.

For anyone that doesn't know, 5:2 is where you eat normally for 5 days and then on the other 2 days (Tuesdays and Thursdays for me) you eat just 600 calories.

I have a soup at lunch, like a Tesco Chilli Bean soup, and maybe a tin of tuna in the evening. Lost like a stone in 2 weeks. Not the healthiest but dont feel like eating much of late. That includes going out 2 or 3 times a week on the **** too.

I'm surprised but I don't feel hungry at all really. I've been having...

2x Belvita biscuits - 116 calories (sometimes skip)
soup - 150-200 calories
salad and small chicken breast / small tin of beans and a slice toast / scrambled egg and a slice of toast

Tend to cut down my coffees and drink just water or sugar free high juice on fast days as well. I'm just hoping I can keep it up.

I was planning on switching to 6:1 if/when I get to the weight I'm happy with.

I joined a gym last year and they've basically been getting money for nothing the whole time. I've been maybe 50 times in total, I can't get the motivation to go, I play football once a week and I always go because I enjoy it but I don't enjoy exercise for the sake of it. Plus if I go to the gym I barely see the wife so that makes me not want to go regularly.

Healthy eating isn't enjoyable either, I can't be doing with couscous and smelly fish and stuff like that, I'm a man who likes a steak and chips, a full rack of ribs, hearty pasta and everything else you're not meant to have, if I try and eat other stuff I'm just going to end up craving those things and fail. This way I get to have all the things I like and just have a couple of 600 calorie days to offset it.

This is exactly why diets don't work, people aren't willing to learn about nutrition. Diets all do the same thing, they restrict your calorie intake, that's the only way to lose weight.

You say you like your food, thats fine, but just know that no food is inherently bad. The issues with certain foods is that pre packaged versions of them are unhealthy. If you make your own burgers with 5% fat lean steak mince you could eat them every day and still be healthy.

During the Benfica game I had 4 beers a sharing bag of crisps and a whole bar of Fruit n Nut.

Burp.

This consumption of a sharing bag of crisps, during a Spurs game, is not a good thing. I did the same v Chelsea and look what happened to Spurs in each of those two games. I deplore people to not eat share crisps during the Arsenal fixture for fear of what may happen.

Never understood all these bs diets.

Take in less calories than you're burning, nothing more nothing less. Eat healthy food, don't eat junk food/snacks, work out and you'll lose weight. For faster results weigh your food and buy a heart monitor when exercising so that you know exactly how much you're taking in and how much you're burning.

Take in less calories than you're burning, nothing more nothing less.

Surely that's what 5:2 does, reduces calories massively on a couple of days so that you can happily eat curry or Chinese or whatever on the other days.

Never understood all these bs diets.

Take in less calories than you're burning, nothing more nothing less. Eat healthy food, don't eat junk food/snacks, work out and you'll lose weight. For faster results weigh your food and buy a heart monitor when exercising so that you know exactly how much you're taking in and how much you're burning.

I agree 100%, this fad diets are created to cut corners for people who do not want to put in the effort.

My mate sticks over 4000 calories per day but is a triathlete and burns it off, fit as a fiddle and eats like a GHod...

My mate used to be able to suck his own ****, befor he started to eat 4000 calories a day and not be a triathlete, he eats like s GHod.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Every year a new diet is said to be the 'miracle cure' of weight loss.

Truth is they all are short term fixes.

Dieting is a change to your lifestyle; Not just reducing calories for a day or two a week.

By reducing your calorie intake to 600 twice a week is not healthy. It will leave you feeling weak and unable to think clearly. It's better to change to a balanced diet, eat regular smaller meals and take up exercise (interval training).

It's healthier, safer and the results will last longer.

if you're over weight though wouldn't a 'quick fix' diet be a good place to start before taking up a sustainable healthy long term diet?

do your 5:2 or whatever, get yourself down to where you want to be and then maintain that weight with an improved diet?

Back