• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2013-14 " Lawro the Twunt says..." thread

Hull have been crap when I've seen them recently, I don't expect too much from them on Sunday. A win by at least a couple of goals.
Nice run of games coming up against teams that have gone off the boil. February should be really good for us.

Well you should know! I think we will win this, unless THudd decides to make a point.

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Sunday 13:30 GMT)

Everton passed another test last week when they came from a goal down to beat Aston Villa, especially after the way the Merseyside derby had gone so badly for them a few days earlier.

If the Toffees' season was going to collapse, it would have happened last weekend, so I was really impressed with the way they responded.

Tottenham also bounced back from their midweek battering by Emirates Marketing Project with a draw at Hull.

This is a big game in the race for fourth place and it is imperative for Spurs that they try to turn Everton over.

I am pretty sure they will have a go at them.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Everton

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

Twu...n...what?

Why Mark, you're really spoiling us.

ferrero-rocher.jpg

being an ex Liverpool legend of course he is going to favour any team up against the toffees

With such sound reasoning as: 'I am pretty sure they will have a go at them.'

The kind of knowledge you'll only get from a lifetime playing and working in football.

With such sound reasoning as: 'I am pretty sure they will have a go at them.'

The kind of knowledge you'll only get from a lifetime playing and working in football.

football is a simple game

Merson:

Tottenham v Everton (12.30pm, Sun, Sky Sports 1 & Sky 3D)

There's a long way to go in the race for fourth, but both of these teams are right in it. The most important thing for Everton after they were battered by Liverpool was to get back on the horse and win again - and thanks to that unbelievable Kevin Mirallas free-kick against Aston Villa they did. Tottenham rely on Emmanuel Adebayor to play well, but I'm going to pick them to win this at home. Romelu Lukaku is a big miss for Everton and I think Spurs will have too much. They struggled at times against Villa and Tottenham will punish them more than Villa did.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1

Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham beat Everton on Sunday despite not playing very well, which is fine, but what worried me was the lack of cohesion in their team.

I just thought they looked average in all departments.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are in the middle of a difficult spell - they have 37 points so they are not going to get relegated and they are probably not going to finish any higher than seventh.

The Magpies are not in free-fall, but it does feel like they are in limbo.

Maybe the only good thing to come out of their last home game, that derby defeat by Sunderland, is that on Wednesday the crowd will be letting them know that they will not stand for that kind of display again.

Lawro's prediction: Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham beat Everton on Sunday despite not playing very well, which is fine, but what worried me was the lack of cohesion in their team.

I just thought they looked average in all departments.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are in the middle of a difficult spell - they have 37 points so they are not going to get relegated and they are probably not going to finish any higher than seventh.

The Magpies are not in free-fall, but it does feel like they are in limbo.

Maybe the only good thing to come out of their last home game, that derby defeat by Sunderland, is that on Wednesday the crowd will be letting them know that they will not stand for that kind of display again.

Lawro's prediction: Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Can't complain there. Our record in the north-east is wooful.

Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 16:00 GMT)

Tottenham were extremely impressive when they went to St James' Park and beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine 4-0 in their last away league game.

Generally, Tim Sherwood's record has been very good since he took charge and he must be sick of the fact that people keep talking about the possibility of Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal getting his job in the summer.

All Sherwood can do is keep winning games, and I expect him to do that at Carrow Road.

Spurs are a good side who like to attack and they are capable of staying close to Liverpool right until the end in the race for the top four.

Lawro's prediction: Norwich City 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Back