• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Team GB Olympic/Paralympic Gold Medal Winners Stamps

THFC6061

Paul Robinson
Anyone else collecting these?

P0002-1.png

Royal Mail did - may still have? - a special on taking the full set. How sad am I to know that?!

Do you buy them as a set or individually?

The Olympic Gold Medal winners were initially available only as miniature sheets with six identical stamps on each sheet (6 x 60p = £3.60 per sheet)....

P0038.png

...The Paralympic Gold Medal winners are being issued in miniature sheets with two identical stamps on each sheet (2 x 60p = £1.20 per sheet)...

P0037.png

...however, it might be possible that the Royal Mail might issue a composite set featuring all the Gold Medal Winners in the future.

Another option is to purchase all the individual single stamps from a stamp dealer at slightly more than their face value.

26 Gold Medals won so far from Team GB Paralympic athletes to add to the 29 won in the Olympics.

This is getting expensive!

Here's the entire collection of 63 stamps - 29 Team GB Olympic Gold Medalists and 34 Team GB Paralympic Gold Medalists...

P0002-2.png

THFC6061 -what else do you collect? What with the football stats and the philately, do I detect a kindred mildly obsessive collector?

THFC6061 -what else do you collect? What with the football stats and the philately, do I detect a kindred mildly obsessive collector?

I've got a rather large music collection (3,000 LPs & 2,000 CDs) and my DVD collection is coming along fine (over 3,000 films).

Then there's my model car collection and model railway collection.

And I'm someone who can never throw out a book.

Royal Mail will be releasing a miniature sheet The Memories of London 2012 Miniature Sheet that will contain four stamps, and be issued on the 27th of September.

A0494.jpg

£1.28 Paralympic Games Opening ceremony
1st Class Paralympic Games Paralympics GB procession
1st Class Olympic Games Games makers
£1.28 Olympic Games Closing ceremony and handover to Rio

The £1.28 Olympic Games Closing ceremony and handover to Rio will also be available singularly on a special First Day Cover...

A0498.jpg

Back