• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tapsoba

I think it’s probably true that the club want one of either him or Van Der Ven and it’s just that we’re now trying to sell a few players to raise the funds to buy one.

I think it’s probably true that the club want one of either him or Van Der Ven and it’s just that we’re now trying to sell a few players to raise the funds to buy one.

I think there's quite a difference between the two. Tapsoba looks a complete finished product, whereas van der Ven has excessive pace, but seems a bit raw tactically and uncomfortable in physical battles.

I'd see the latter perhaps as the primary backup option, ahead of say Adarabioyo and Lenglet.

I think there's quite a difference between the two. Tapsoba looks a complete finished product, whereas van der Ven has excessive pace, but seems a bit raw tactically and uncomfortable in physical battles.

I'd see the latter perhaps as the primary backup option, ahead of say Adarabioyo and Lenglet.
Perhaps. Personally I think Tapsoba is too expensive for us so we went down the list to Van Der Ven.

agreed about possibly selling first / might not be due to the cash impact, just the sheer size of the squad

One issue with Tapsoba is the African Nations Cup. We’d then possibly have 3 players off in Jan.

more of an issue if we sign an African midfielder though given Bisouma and Sarr, and hence why I wouldn’t sign Kessie but still, if we happened to have a run of injuries in the new year then losing another 3 players isn’t helpful

agreed about possibly selling first / might not be due to the cash impact, just the sheer size of the squad
If you tell players they aren't getting a squad number then they will typically move on. There are actually very few Winston Bogarde type players in the game who are happy to take their money without having the chance to play.

There only seems about a £10m max price difference between them. You buy cheap, you buy twice
I think it's probably closer to a £20m difference. (close to £30m vs close to £50m is my guess). Unless the club sell Kane I doubt we can afford the more expensive of the two.

I see unfortunately for us Saudi Sportswashing Machine are now in the race for Tapsoba. They can pay the £50m price tag and pay the wages without breaking sweat.

I see unfortunately for us Saudi Sportswashing Machine are now in the race for Tapsoba. They can pay the £50m price tag and pay the wages without breaking sweat.
Except they can't, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have already come out and said they are limited in their spending due to FFP, their money didn't arrive until after City were done for breaking FFP

Except they can't, Saudi Sportswashing Machine have already come out and said they are limited in their spending due to FFP, their money didn't arrive until after City were done for breaking FFP
They will find a way around it without any issues

Back