• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Lloris:
“Tanguy needs games, games, games, repetition of games,” said the France captain, who was speaking at a coaching session with students from Duke’s Aldridge Academy, a secondary school adjacent to the Spurs stadium, which was organised by Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, the club’s charitable arm.

“[He needs to] try to feel this responsibility because he’s not a young player any more. And a player with his talent and quality must feel responsibility inside the changing room and the team.

“Honestly, I think he’s ready, his mind is ready. He’s here with a smile, he’s connected with the team and that’s the most important thing. Obviously, it’s the manager’s decision to play him or not play him, but I can feel his energy is back. And, for sure, he’s going to perform. I have no doubt about that.

“With Tanguy, the first season, because of the language, it was sometimes frustrating with him to be not be able to talk with the others. Today, he’s totally open and he can talk and joke and share moments. That’s very important as a player, to feel connected to the team.”

Tanguy is absolutely elite at certain things, the system should focus on him doing those things. Beating a man, threading a pass, holding off a challenge, scoring incredible goals e.g. the overhead flick last year.
He should not be expected to do the things he is bad at.
Nearly EVERY player is good at some things and very bad at others.

E.g. He looked really great against Wolves whilst being culpable for their goals.
You can have talented players without having to molly coddle them. We bought a wrongun.

Sorry he may have great skill but he is not good enough for Premership football, as some have said he would be ideal in a five a side game but he is lost here.
Not true. He's a fantastic footballer, wasted by being played in the wrong position. And he's not alone. Højbjerg is played in the wrong position and so is Dele. Our entire, on paper, midfield are being played in the wrong position! And it shows, because it's a complete and utter brick show!
Put Skipp and Højbjerg in the middle, with Skipp deep, and Højbjerg charging around a bit higher, with Ndombele behind Kane, and Son, Lucas or whoever available out wide, and I'm 100% sure we will be both more solid, and create more!
We simply don't have the right players to play a midfield 3!

Not true. He's a fantastic footballer, wasted by being played in the wrong position. And he's not alone. Højbjerg is played in the wrong position and so is Dele. Our entire, on paper, midfield are being played in the wrong position! And it shows, because it's a complete and utter brick show!
Put Skipp and Højbjerg in the middle, with Skipp deep, and Højbjerg charging around a bit higher, with Ndombele behind Kane, and Son, Lucas or whoever available out wide, and I'm 100% sure we will be both more solid, and create more!
Not as much position as style of play in the NLD at least.

Playing a long ball game where his attacking role is sometimes fighting for second balls, otherwise watching the ball fly over his head. Defensive role of getting forward or wide when we attack them a lot of running to get back into position and defend with the opposition having a lot of space.

It's a role custom made to make him look poor. Not saying Nuno did that on purpose to make him look bad just to be clear.

It's the equivalent of playing Son as a striker and launching long balls at him. Nominally a position he can play, but requires a different style to make it work.

If we are playing that way - and I am with you 100% - then the central midfielder position behind Kane is the remit of GLC who has a more incisive passing quality - as he shows with Argentina where he pays in precisely that position. Not that you will agree with your crush on Ndombele....

If we are playing that way - and I am with you 100% - then the central midfielder position behind Kane is the remit of GLC who has a more incisive passing quality - as he shows with Argentina where he pays in precisely that position. Not that you will agree with your crush on Ndombele....
You think GLC has more incisive passing than Ndombele? [emoji102]

They BOTH have a very high level of passing ability.

What I would say the difference is, is that Ndombele spends a lot of time in his own head on the pitch. When he receives the ball his usual first thought is shield it, turn this way, turn that way, line up a battle with an opposition player... once that is done and dusted, then find a pass.

Lo Celso tends to be more head up, move progression focussed, looking for the optimum pass whether thats immediately or in 5 seconds. As Glenn would say 'he sees pictures'

Both can play further ahead if our defence were more mobile to compress the midfield upwards.

Right now it looks like we are compensating for the weakness of our CBs and midfield cannot stretch forward confidently.

We've seen it under Mourinho - our CBs get beaten easily

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:

Right, mate.... played in his "right" position; another crap game....

So what excuse will you come up with now?

Hopefully he's only used in cup games until he shows a big improvement and Lo Celso is used in the league games.

Back