• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Show poney or world-beater?

If a manager can get him to believe, he can make his mark on football. I think he is just a little insecure. It is all too easy to say 'I don't care' I have enough money. Which is just a way to mask his uncertainty/shyness. Either that or he is lazy! But I think it is a case of him having this talent, but also not believing in himself fully. He wants to get to the top, and with the right belief, he can. But he has to let that belief drive him. If he starts to doubt himself he just becomes a show poney - good for a few tricks but not really committed. If someone offered 50m we'd take it. Up to him to show that we'd be fools to. It's a short career, and he doesn't want to look back and regret anything. He needs a Ferguson-like manager who can push his buttons and get him on it. Because if he's on it, he's a unique player. The other key thing is not to let his head drop. He gets beaten once or doesn't have a good game, and he regresses to the 'i don't care' lazy player. He has to not get perturbed and come back stronger when that happens. We need him. Hopefully Nuno can understand his psychology and bring out the pomp that is there.

Show poney or world-beater?

If a manager can get him to believe, he can make his mark on football. I think he is just a little insecure. It is all too easy to say 'I don't care' I have enough money. Which is just a way to mask his uncertainty/shyness. Either that or he is lazy! But I think it is a case of him having this talent, but also not believing in himself fully. He wants to get to the top, and with the right belief, he can. But he has to let that belief drive him. If he starts to doubt himself he just becomes a show poney - good for a few tricks but not really committed. If someone offered 50m we'd take it. Up to him to show that we'd be fools to. It's a short career, and he doesn't want to look back and regret anything. He needs a Ferguson-like manager who can push his buttons and get him on it. Because if he's on it, he's a unique player. The other key thing is not to let his head drop. He gets beaten once or doesn't have a good game, and he regresses to the 'i don't care' lazy player. He has to not get perturbed and come back stronger when that happens. We need him. Hopefully Nuno can understand his psychology and bring out the pomp that is there.

I think someone like Nuno will bring the best out of him. He needs to be cuddled and loved not shouted and thrown to the lions by a certain predecessor.

Even though Mourinho did get some good games out of him I still think one error and he'd be subbed or thrown under the bus, whereas others were allowed to get away with murder.

Big season ahead for Tanguy.

Have to say i found the footage of him from the open training session a little worrying. He even stayed on the floor sulking after dier tapped his ankle. Fantastic skills but I'm still not sure he's cut out to be a PL central midfielder, or a number 10!

Very talented no doubt but don’t think he’s cut out for Premier League either.
Hope he proves otherwise but can’t see it. He’s been here long enough now.

He’d be better suited to La liga I think.

Big season ahead for Tanguy.

Have to say i found the footage of him from the open training session a little worrying. He even stayed on the floor sulking after dier tapped his ankle. Fantastic skills but I'm still not sure he's cut out to be a PL central midfielder, or a number 10!

He mugged Dier and Dier was an asshat and took him down, bit of a brick thing to do in a preseason training session

Very talented no doubt but don’t think he’s cut out for Premier League either.
Hope he proves otherwise but can’t see it. He’s been here long enough now.

He’d be better suited to La liga I think.

I actually think he has all the right tools to succeed in this league. I just think Nuno will be the kind of manager he needs to get the best out of him

I actually think he has all the right tools to succeed in this league. I just think Nuno will be the kind of manager he needs to get the best out of him

Agree on the first and hope you’re right on the second. Is there any reason to be confident? No idea what his previous managers have been like.

He mugged Dier and Dier was an asshat and took him down, bit of a brick thing to do in a preseason training session

Maybe it was a bit out of frustration with the fans there, but It was a nothing tackle really, he wasn't hurt in the slightest. Those type of things that probably happen daily in training games, especially in pre season and with a new manager to impress. He just doesnt seem to like the physical side of the game, taking tackles, doing the graft, tracking runners etc

I really thought the mf three of Hoj, Lo Celso, Ndom looked fantastic on paper. Now we have seen it in action I don't think it works. Not sure how best to fit Ndom/ Lo celso in the team

I thought France played Pogba as a deep playmaker during the Euros and WC. Maybe it only worked because he’s next to Kante but would like to see Ndoms similarly.

I hope so . He’s a passenger more often than not , which we can’t afford.

Hope he proves me wrong

Agree on the first and hope you’re right on the second. Is there any reason to be confident? No idea what his previous managers have been like.

To quote Sullivan Martinet a former team mate at Guingamp
"He did not really give the impression of wanting to surpass oneself"
His Uncle has also spoken about lack of motivation earlier in his career.
I love the guy, he's my kind of player ability wise, just ridiculously talented but my instinct tells me it's going to be a massive step to shift what seems to be a pretty ingrained part of his psychology.
I so hope I'm wrong, for me he's got the lot technically.

I think Nuno will be a good manager for him, bit worrying he's not playing tonight - don't think he's played any minutes in pre season. Is he injured?

I think Nuno will be a good manager for him, bit worrying he's not playing tonight - don't think he's played any minutes in pre season. Is he injured?

Nuno puts people in training sessions instead of the games if he thinks they are not fit enough.

If he and Lo Celso aren't in the game Sunday, then I'd be concerned

Back