• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Switching of the refs.

Mike_T

Stephane Dalmat
Anyone know why Clattenburg replaced Phil Dowd yesterday?
Not surprising it happened after old red nose complained about him last week after the Arse/Man U game.

And we ended with that tosser Dowd? More tinkled off about the fudging linesman that missed Cisse goal.

Not covered at all by the media but why didn't he give it? Because he was on his backside having falling over trying to keep up with play. I kid you not.

As to your question...

'Dowd replaced the previously-announced Chris Foy and had been listed to referee Spurs v Southampton. Mark Clattenburg took that one rather than acting as fourth official at West Bromwich Albion v Wigan. It was later claimed that Foy was suffering from an ankle problem.'

Clattenburg not allowed to referee our games as a Saudi Sportswashing Machine supporter.

It would have been impossible for any linesman or referee to have known whether or not Cisse's shot went fully over the line - regardless of whether or not he was way behind play and on his arse. I've seen a couple of stop motion replays and I can't be absolutely certain that the ball was over the line. So what chance would a linesman have from 35-40 yards away, in real time, with his view partly obscured by a goalpost?

Only way those decisions can be made with any confidence is with the help of goal lone technology. Thankfully, we'll finally get that from next season.

Back