• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

The original JJetset @jetsetyid

Gutted about Mouts as it was done don't know full story yet? Rose and gds out. We are still working

jesus christ. I feel sorry for AVB.

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Dempsey seems like an opportunistic signing to me. He had to move today.
Liverpool fcked it up. Why wouldn't you sign him for £7m? Bet the Goons wish they'd gone in.

Almost read that as Levy at first. :lol:

Dempsey could be a masterstroke for us IMO

Bale on the left wing forward and Dempsey a right wing forward (Ade in the middle).

Not sure where that leaves the Sig though?

Indeed!

So we lose modric and VDV and get Dembele and Sig. I thought the idea was to get better replacements.
Respected Portuguese journalist said we offered 28m euro and they wanted 32 for Moutinho. Not worth going the extra mile Levy...

Who thinks the last few seasons will be as good as it ever gets....

What really worries me more is the deal and transfer fee seemed set and agreed yet it was personal terms that blocked a move, now if the player is to be believed in all he has said, he wanted to hook up with AVB again and wanted the move, so how bad could how package have been for him not to come??

Disgusting. VdV gone and we spin the old "big signing" all day and get a journeyman who no decent side were interested in. Get out of my club Levy you have shown time and time again you can run a business but not a clue about football. Vdv swapped for Dempsey...just been sick in my mouth

Good.

Is it too much to hope that you choke on it?

if dempsey comes i think our free kick drought may come to an end,we'll have half a dozen takers for the ball.

siggy,dempsey,bale,dembele,walker all can ping them.

i wanna fudge the brick outta natalie sawyer

Dempsey could be a masterstroke for us IMO

Bale on the left wing forward and Dempsey a right wing forward (Ade in the middle).

Not sure where that leaves the Sig though?
Siggy to play ahead of Sandro and Dembele surely?

so you dont tihnk that replacing Modric and vdV with Dembele and Sigurdsson is a downgrade?

And you're not concerned about our lack of cover up top or out wide?

It's a change in style.

And No. Dempsey covers it.

Get over yourself. He score more goals than Spurs player last season?

I am going to call some of you clowns out in a few months time when he proves to be a great asset to this club

Oh i don't agree with you-that makes me a clown. Nice

Fulham played about 20 intertoto games, he had a one-off goalscoring spree. Do you honestly think Dempsey is top 4 material? An adequate repalcement for VdV? Why was noone else apart from Villa and a poor Liverpool in for him?

Selling VdV just described as possibly a perfect piece of business by one expert on Norwegian telly. His fitness issues won't be getting any better at 29.

People need to chill a bit I think.

so you dont tihnk that replacing Modric and vdV with Dembele and Sigurdsson is a downgrade?

And you're not concerned about our lack of cover up top or out wide?

I do think our first team has massive quality, and will challenge for top 4 if AVB can get them playing well. But nevertheless I do believe we are weaker. Modric was inevitable, but VDV as well means we will lack craft and creativity and have lost the two most important players in terms of the tempo of play we set last season. We have signed a number of players, but based on past experience will not assume their impact.

Yeah for sure, there are some absolute bellends in this thread.

If we sign someone else then they'll be creaming themselves. Let's save criticism until the window is finished and we know what we have - who knows what's in store? And even if it stays as it is, having hope and belief is a great thing.

I think I'm more tinkled off that there are 3 games gone (including tomorrows) and our squad isn't settled. Last season we missed the champions league by 1 point. I've paid a season ticket for 19 games not 17.

Last edited:

He scored 23 goals last season including 17 in the league (the same as Ade), why the late for him on this forum

Can't will till the window slams shut purely so I don't have to read some of the hyperbolic nonsense some on here are coming out with.

The more I think about Dempsey the more I like it. Think he'll fit in well.

Still holding out for Mouts but we'll see.

I would say Dempsey is more flexible than van der vaart. Can play left right or centre, also he can consistently last 90 mins. Van der vaart much better on the ball, for me Dempsey comes across a bit clumsy on the ball when he's outside the box but he has a great goal record.

Back