• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

i have had a hunch for a while we would sign Moutinho. It appears the hunch has, in spirit, been vindicated. All the "news" sounds like agent-spout, you know, put a call into some hungry journo, feed the pig, absolutely force the best possible deal for client. If you were Moutinho's agent you'd have to know that at this point, we basically have our testicles in a vice and the agent has the handle. I PERSONALLY find it impossible to believe that the ONE player we know FOR A FACT that AVB has his heart (and plans) set on will be denied him. It would be absolutely absurd. So again, I believe it will happen.

Ah Steff - far too logical.

I too thought that by clearing the decks - Modric, VDV, Dos Santos etc we would try and bring in just one or two big signings. One up front and one or two in midfield/wings. Moutinho was always out of our reach though. He would have been perfect as the Modric replacement but

1. it now appears that a fee hasnt been agreed for him
2. despite protestations he wanted to play for avb again, it appears he cant agree personal terms.

Whatever is the real truth of the situation, I think we should now concentrate on realistic targets who would come to us. I always thought Levy wouldnt pay £20m plus on one player. I would love to be proved wrong.

I still feel we are underprovided for up top and need cover for Ade and for the wings.This should be our priority now not chasing will o the wisp dreams like Moutinho, Damio, Llorente, etc

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

lloris one have no idea, Moutinho...have no idea. More confident about Lloris but only because he was at the lodge today, but still think both will happen.

Hate to repeat myself but we need a forward/wide man

Sold pienaar, Nik, GDS, Rafa and released HaHa. only brought Siggy in (Dembelelele is a CM)

FFS Levy, Bothroyd signs for Sheffield wednesday.

Mark Lawrenson, BBC Sport

On today's deadline-day deals: "Joao Moutinho to Tottenham will be done - that won't fall through. As for Rafael van der Vaart, I don't think he ever really finished a game for Spurs, did he? When he first came he was brilliant, but then he kept suffering from hamstring problems. I think Tottenham have got good money for him."

I too thought that by clearing the decks - Modric, VDV, Dos Santos etc we would try and bring in just one or two big signings. One up front and one or two in midfield/wings. Moutinho was always out of our reach though. He would have been perfect as the Modric replacement but

2. despite protestations he wanted to play for avb again, it appears he cant agree personal terms.

Whatever is the real truth of the situation, I think we should now concentrate on realistic targets who would come to us. I always thought Levy wouldnt pay £20m plus on one player. I would love to be proved wrong.

that doesn't make sense - what if the truth is that we have a bid accepted by Porto and are having on going discussion with the player - surely you mean "If what i am hearing is true, then we should be going for more realistic signings"

Mark Lawrenson, BBC Sport

On today's deadline-day deals: "Joao Moutinho to Tottenham will be done - that won't fall through. As for Rafael van der Vaart, I don't think he ever really finished a game for Spurs, did he? When he first came he was brilliant, but then he kept suffering from hamstring problems. I think Tottenham have got good money for him."
STFU LAWRO!!! OH, wait. I agree.

I still feel we are underprovided for up top and need cover for Ade and for the wings.This should be our priority now not chasing will o the wisp dreams like Moutinho, Damio, Llorente, etc

One of the dangers of optimism...I refuse to ditch the 'O' word until I am forced to (IF I'm forced to!) and TBH, I think it's just the way I am...:)...:(...:special:

VDV scored 24 goals in 63 games for us, and had countless assists. Jenas could finish a game for instance, but would never have a comparable impact to VDV. Is a sad loss of a great player and man.

VDV scored 24 goals in 63 games for us, and had countless assists. Jenas could finish a game for instance, but would never have a comparable impact to VDV. Is a sad loss of a great player and man.

agree but if he doesnt suit AVB's system then better selling him before he hits 30 and his value falls

Top player and a top guy as well, as you said

BOOM

Tottenham secure Chimbonda return
Pascal Chimbonda

Tottenham have signed defender Pascal Chimbonda from Sunderland for an undisclosed fee.

It is a return to White Hart Lane for the France international, 29, who made 16 appearances for Sunderland following his move from Spurs last summer.

Wigan originally signed him from French side Bastia before his first move to Spurs in August 2006 for £4.5m.

DefoeIsHome
Redknapp revealed his disappointment with Chimbonda signing 15 minutes too late, denying him the chance to play in Tuesday's home Premier League game against Stoke.

"He's a player I've always liked when he was at Tottenham before," Redknapp added.

"He plays with energy, he gets forward, he's a great attacking full-back.

"He was in the team of the year in the Premier League a couple of years back. I'm pleased to have him here. I tried to get him when he was at Wigan."

Chimbonda only lasted one season with Wigan before his form at right-back prompted Tottenham to seal his signature in 2006.

After a promising start at the Stadium of Light, he lost his place in the side under former manager Roy Keane, but had been showing a return of form, having started the last four games for Sunderland.

Black Cats boss Ricky Sbragia revealed earlier on Monday that Chimbonda had struggled to settle at the club and said: "We had an opportunity to maybe make things a little bit happier for him."

Tottenham also signed the 35-year-old Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini on Monday, on a free transfer.

Last update.

3 deals being worked on. GK, CM and the last one in a CF. There is a possibility of us going in for player 4 if one of 2 and 3 don't come to fruition.
Be advised we are fully aware of the situation if these deals don't come off. This is the risk we have taken. This will either be a spectacular last few minutes tonight or a major problem. Taking that on board you can make your own mind up what we are doing behind the scenes.

COYS.

POTL

1926:

French football expert Matt Spiro reports "Even though it was widely expected, Hugo Lloris' imminent switch to Tottenham is not going down well in France. Several Lyon players have expressed their disappointment at the goalkeeper's decision to leave the Stade de Gerland after four seasons, with defender Dejan Lovren offering a short, solemn tweet that simply read, 'I am sad'. Playmaker Clement Grenier echoed that sentiment, saying: 'We're certainly going to miss him. He's a good man and one of the best goalkeepers in the world. For him, Tottenham may be a stepping stone to one of Europe's biggest clubs.'

"Many are surprised that the France captain, aged 25, is being allowed to leave OL for a fee of around £9m plus performance-related bonuses. For ex-France international Jean-Michel Larque, Lloris earns Lyon "five or six extra points every season. Now Tottenham will get those extra points." Lloris began his medical at Spurs lodge at around 17:00 and is expected to sign a contract with the North London club shortly."

agree but if he doesnt suit AVB's system then better selling him before he hits 30 and his value falls

Top player and a top guy as well, as you said

As long as this last minute strategy does not implode then I have no problem with VDV leaving if that is what AVB wants. Personally I loved the guy, a great player but I realise times change. But I do worry some are overstating our replacements which is why these remaining transfers are so important.

1926:

French football expert Matt Spiro reports "Even though it was widely expected, Hugo Lloris' imminent switch to Tottenham is not going down well in France. Several Lyon players have expressed their disappointment at the goalkeeper's decision to leave the Stade de Gerland after four seasons, with defender Dejan Lovren offering a short, solemn tweet that simply read, 'I am sad'. Playmaker Clement Grenier echoed that sentiment, saying: 'We're certainly going to miss him. He's a good man and one of the best goalkeepers in the world. For him, Tottenham may be a stepping stone to one of Europe's biggest clubs.'

"Many are surprised that the France captain, aged 25, is being allowed to leave OL for a fee of around £9m plus performance-related bonuses. For ex-France international Jean-Michel Larque, Lloris earns Lyon "five or six extra points every season. Now Tottenham will get those extra points." Lloris began his medical at Spurs lodge at around 17:00 and is expected to sign a contract with the North London club shortly."

Dawg, we iz a big club.

Honestly. If it means we get good players for 3-4 years and then sell them off for a profit i'm pretty happy with that.

Also have to be pragmatic, especially if a Madrid or Barca came into the equation.

Back