• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

VdV's sale was a decision from the top and the player himself - not a chance AVB would have left him out of his system if he stayed

HAHAHAHAHAHHA you couldn't make it up. You've decided to ignore AVB himself because it doesn't suit your agenda...unreal.

Don't see the contradiction.

Redknapp picked the best 11 players and leavered them into a 4-4-2. AVB has a system and wants players who fit that.

I absolutely love Rafa, but at this point in time I prepared to trust AVB and will accept sacrificing him for the greater good. If we bring in Moutinho and a forward (plus Lloris) today, it will still be a top day.

Agreed. But fear the worst

POTL says he's going out to get some croissants and jam, will be back later.

cant see us signing anyone big today. Would have to already be in negotiations, just not enough time left. Which means no Llorente, no Moutinho.

Possibly Willian and Lloris, but certainly no Hulk. Too many things to do, wages plus the big fcuk off fee of £40m plus. We will certainly not pay £40m to anyone in this day and age or in the near future IMO. £20m tops.

It's quite common for a multitude of deals to be as good as agreed before deadline day with clubs deciding which of them gets the green light at the lat minute. Means that deals can be completed very quickly.

I think his departure and the nature of it hit the fans and Levy much harder than Keane leaving

No - it was simply publicised more (due to its 'length') in the commerical supermacist sensationalist propagandistic mainstream media - hence the sour taste

VdV's sale was a decision from the top and the player himself - not a chance AVB would have left him out of his system if he stayed

Maybe true but still better have a replacement lined up. We have now lost three key players who got us to top 4.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA you couldn't make it up. You've decided to ignore AVB himself because it doesn't suit your agenda...unreal.

How am I ignoring AVB? Are you suggesting he pushed him out by informing him he's surplus to requirements? One of the best players in the team not good enough for his formation? Not a chance

Tottenham are in a final day battle with Zenit St Petersburg for top target Joao Moutinho.

Andre Villas-Boas is desperate to land the midfielder in the final hours of the transfer window. He would have pressed ahead with a move sooner this summer but he needed to get Luka Modric out the exit door first.

Now Modric is at Real Madrid, AVB is trying to land Moutinho but, so far, Porto have held firm.

The Portuguese giants are holding out for close to £30m and that is a price Spurs are not willing to pay.

Zenit, though, have now come forward and are ready to offer close to that amount, with a fee of around £28m being mooted for Moutinho, who starred for Portugal at Euro 2012.

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...ght-zenit-moutinho-179929#4VBZJKecsQ2bMVTO.99

Apparently refusing to play. I think his departure and the nature of it hit the fans and Levy much harder than Keane leaving

What?
Not a chance!
The way Keano did us was extraordinary...Berba was nailed on for ages thanks to Danchev...personally IF it were true (and I doubt it is) I'd be delighted. A fantastic player!

No, let's not. Instead, I suggest we all get our hankies out and lament it all. WHile we're at it, let's ignore what might happen today and further, let's prepare the beating sticks for Levy.

:)

For what it's worth, I agree. Love Rafa, but love the moments and the gleam more than recent memory performances...

I've got my hankies out all right.... =P~

[-o<

edited

leandro to liverpool story is from a daily mail journo on the wind up
top top journalism

Last edited:

fudging off whatever happens next. I know he wasn't around for a great deal, but...

Can we please have a massive VDV appreciation thread that eventually goes into classics and we can turn to whenever we need to bash one out.

Back