• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Is there anything there to be envious about? i mean really envious? personally i think ours is the best of the bunch (Well chelski have overkill in terms of options tbh). The only positions where we are really lacking in comparison to the other teams is wide options tbh.

I don't understand the underlying premise of your post

Should we not improve our squad simply because our rivals haven't (which they have but for argument's sake)? That's a bizzare logic and if anything - we should always seek to be ahead of them instead of comforting ourselves in knowing they haven't signed anyone of note.

This transfer window to date have been 6.5/10 for me - nothing more than that

- We are weaker in terms of our striker force compared to last year

- We lost a crucial playmaker

- Our keeper is average

- Bar Vertonghen our CBs are older and slower than last year

- We still don't have cover out wide

Utd, Chelsea and City are miles ahead of us

Arsenal could still sign someone and have a manger who has consistently managed to have them performing better than the sum of their parts

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have better strikers than us (as it stands)

Liverpool - too many unknowns to call - if Sahin and Borini spark up can be potentially a dark horse for 4th

Last edited:
Re: Deadline Day - One Signing

Do we have to be realistic? If not: Messi.

In the real, slightly more realistic world: Moutinho.

I don't understand the underlying premise of your post

Should we not improve our squad simply because our rivals haven't (which they have but for argument's sake)? That's a bizzare logic and if anything - we should always seek to be ahead of them instead of comforting ourselves in knowing they haven't signed anyone of note.

This transfer window to date have been 6.5/10 for me - nothing more than that

- We are weaker in terms of our striker force compared to last year

- We lost a crucial playmaker

- Bar Vertonghen our CBs are older and slower than last year

- We still don't have cover out wide

Utd, Chelsea and City are miles ahead of us

Arsenal could still sign someone and have a manger who has consistently managed to have them performing better than the sum of their parts

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have better strikers than us (as it stands)

Liverpool - too many unknowns to call - if Sahin and Borini spark up can be potentially a dark horse for 4th

Nelsen, Bassong, King, Gallas, Kaboul, Dawson, vs Vertonghen, Caulker , Gallas, Kaboul, Dawson. How exactly are they slower and older?

As for our strike force being weaker...it's the same strikeforce?

and our rivals have strengthend have they?

Arsenal have lost 2 of their best players last season , Liverpool have lost a 35m striker and replaced him with a kid (ok Sahin is a good loan signing), Saudi Sportswashing Machine have signed a back up cm, City have signed 3 subs. only chelski and united have strengthend tbh and Chelski have also lost their most influental player too.

We've lost Modric and substitutes and replaced them with 4 genuine starters.

Nelsen, Bassong, King, Gallas, Kaboul, Dawson, vs Vertonghen, Caulker , Gallas, Kaboul, Dawson. How exactly are they slower and older?

As for our strike force being weaker...it's the same strikeforce?

Nelsen was a 4 month loan - never with the intention to say

I also said - bar Vertonghen - So that includes our 2 regular CBs in the face of Gallas (he 35!) and Dawson (assuming Kaboul has remained on the same level)

Caulker is an unknown at this stage

As for the strikefore - we had Ade, Defoe and Pav/Saha compared to Ade, Defoe, and Kane

Nelsen was a 4 month loan - never with the intention to say

I also said - bar Vertonghen - So that includes our 2 regular CBs in the face of Gallas (he 35!) and Dawson (assuming Kaboul has remained on the same level)

Caulker is an unknown at this stage

As for the strikefore - we had Ade, Defoe and Pav/Saha compared to Ade, Defoe, and Kane

Who cares if Caulker is an "an unknown"? your comment was that our cb's are "older and slower" and judging by his age and speed that's totally false.

Pav? that utter waster? and saha..excuse me but wasn't he the guy you disliked and thought was garbage?

I'd almost prefer Kane to Pav...almost. I was happy to see the back of Pav.

if Ade gets injured we are fooked

transfer window failure from a striker point of view....... once again

Who cares if Caulker is an "an unknown"? your comment was that our cb's are "older and slower" and judging by his age and speed that's totally false.

Pav? that utter waster? and saha..excuse me but wasn't he the guy you disliked and thought was garbage?

How is it totally false if Caulker is possibly not even going to feature - hence the 'unknown' comment.

Pav and Saha were what they were but sure as fudge offered more than Harry Kane

I ask again - are you suggesting we shouldn't sign anyone or moan about poor dealings simply because our rivals haven't done much either? Is that the bar?

Last edited:

Players like Pav & Bentley are probably partly the reason why Levy is so sharp with his money, two expensive signings that failed to deliver to the level expected and ended up costing us.

How is it totally false if Caulker is possibly not even going to feature - hence the 'unknown' comment.

Pav and Saha were what they were but sure as fudge offered more than Harry Kane

I ask again - are you suggesting we sholdn't sign anyone or moan about poor dealings simply because our rivals haven't done much either? Is that the bar?

Mate your argument is all over the place. For one how exactly do you know Caulker isn't going to feature? to me it looks like he's the 3rd choice CB now that Kaboul is out. Anyway Pav and Saha were back up players also yet you're claiming that we're weaker upfront is because we've let go of 2 back up players and replaced them with 1 back up player that "possibly not even going to feature". Can you see that you're contradicting yourself?

Mate your argument is all over the place. For one how exactly do you know Caulker isn't going to feature? to me it looks like he's the 3rd choice CB now that Kaboul is out. Anyway Pav and Saha were back up players also yet you're claiming that we're weaker upfront is because we've let go of 2 back up players and replaced them with 1 back up player that "possibly not even going to feature". Can you see that you're contradicting yourself?

Ok, let me put it this way

Pav and Saha offered more than Kane, imv - therefore our strikeforce on paper was stronger last year

If Kane has effectively become the 3rd striker those 2 were, and he's not as 'good' as them - we are effectively weaker.

Or in other words - our 3rd striker is 'weaker' than last year. I'm really not sure how else to explain that

As for the Caulker comment - that is my take on him, by contrary - how do you know he is going to feature? The signs have been underwhelming so far - hence the Gallas comments.

Beyond that - as much as Corluka was what he was - we have no natural cover for BAE and Walker (assuming Rose leaves). Can Caulker cover at RB btw?

Actually Arcspace your post makes no sense at all. So you're claiming our cb's are older and slower than last year...then you say Caulker isn't included because "he isn't gonna feature"..but you say beforehand "bar Vertonghen". So wait we're comparing our starting cb's this season to last seasons but we're not including Vertonghen. We start 2 cb's but we can't include one of them when comparing the age of the new cb's to last seasons (and we also can't include Caulker because he's unknown and probably won't start). Wtf?

im outta here, hopefully some good news by the end of the day, not convinced there will be any though

Actually Arcspace your post makes no sense at all. So you're claiming our cb's are older and slower than last year...then you say Caulker isn't included because "he isn't gonna feature"..but you say beforehand "bar Vertonghen". So wait we're comparing our starting cb's this season to last seasons but we're not including Vertonghen. We start 2 cb's but we can't include one of them when comparing the age of the new cb's to last seasons (and we also can't include Caulker because he's unknown and probably won't start). Wtf?

I have tried to explain this in the previous 4 posts

Assuming Vertonghen replaces King - Dawson and especially Gallas (who appears to be ahead of the former!) is 35, slower, older and in general - on his final lap, imv. I don't personally think Caulker will feature hence the exclusion from our CBs comparison.

Back