• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

I think that is what Arsenal wanted and Real baulked at it.
Hence the willingness to use Liverpool to keep their player in full competitive match practice for a year while Alonso plays out what may be his final season in Real's team.

Lets be honest, it's not like Liverpool are just doing Madrid a favour. Sahin is a quality player who I'm sure will greatly improve them

The thread title at the top of every post is proper fudging my eyes up. Can't read anything. It's a good job that nothings probably happened....

It is kind of funny Liverpool completing this signing at the same time the Red Sox are getting rid of some of their highest paid players.

Leon Britton for Modric's replacement. There, I've said it. fudge spending 30m on Mouts when 5m on Britton would most likely be a success.

No surprises with how Michu is doing, for those of us who watch a bit of Spanish football, Swansea have got a steal there.

How did Swansea sign Michu for only £2m, even this early in the season that is looking like the signing of the season if not of the last few seasons!!

£5m loan fee with no perm deal?! They got mugged

Liverpool don't insist on the perm any more.

valero.jpg

How did Swansea sign Michu for only £2m, even this early in the season that is looking like the signing of the season if not of the last few seasons!!

from what i have seen he doesnt actually do very much more than provide numbers in midfield, keep it tidy and get into the box. I think his real skills lie in his timing of his runs and the fact that he pretty decent from what i can tell technically on the strike.

i wont act like i know him well cause i dont just saying that i can easily see why big teams would not bother making a move for him

didn't get to watch today but it seems we need Dembele and Mouts. I'm afraid one creative CM wont be enough. I'll take Britton as well.

It is officially time for Levy to cough up.
We need a world class finisher.
We need a creative/cycler in midfield.
We need a new keeper.

Agree steff. We do have making sof a top top team, but I fear we have simply not done enough in the market to keep up with our top4 rivals.

[h=1]Spurs 'to watch Loic Remy' as Andre Villas-Boas finalises transfer plans[/h][h=2]Spurs plan to send a scout to see long-term transfer target Loic Remy in action for Marseille on Sunday, according to reports in France.[/h]Related Tags:Loic RemyAndre Villas-BoasMarseilleFranceHarry Redknapp

Tottenham's interest in the France striker seemed to have waned after Harry Redknapp was sacked, but it now appears new head coach Andre Villas-Boas is also keen.
801436482_14058530-596x362-1345914139921_304x185_inline.jpg
Loic Remy will be watched by a Spurs scout on Sunday (Allstar)
The former Chelsea boss will not travel to watch Marseille's game at Montpellier in person, but he will apparently have a representative present to compile a report.
Remy, 25, is unlikely to be at his sharpest, as his preparations for the campaign were hindered by a thigh injury that ruled him out of Euro 2012, and he is only just returning to full fitness.
Spurs are likely to be the busiest Premier League club in the final week of the transfer window, as Villas-Boas wants to offload a number of players, including Jermaine Jenas and Michael Dawson, and expects to see Luka Modric finally join Real Madrid.

He is keen to complete a deal for Shakhtar Donetsk's attacking midfielder Willian and also wants to strengthen other areas of his squad.
Although he has denied making a move for Brazil striker Leandro Damiao, it is believed Villas-Boas would like another striker to provide competition for Emmanuel Adebayor, Jermain Defoe and Harry Kane, and Remy could fit the bill.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/909724...s-boas-finalises-transfer-plans#ixzz24a7bWgKY

[h=1]Remy back on Spurs radar[/h][h=3]Fulham also tracking Marseille forward[/h]By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo. Last Updated: August 25, 2012 5:55pm

Loic-Remy_2705181.jpg
Loic Remy: Attracting interest from Tottenham again

[h=3]Sky Bet[/h]

Sky Sports understands Tottenham are ready to rekindle their interest in Loic Remy as they look to bolster their attacking options before the close of the transfer window
Marseille
spacer.gif
striker Remy has been a long-term transfer target for Spurs with the club expressing an interest in him during the January transfer window.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas is on the look-out for a new forward despite finally completing the signing of Emmanuel Adebayor
spacer.gif
earlier this week.
Marseille are thought to be willing to sell Remy as they look to reduce their wage bill after missing out on the Champions League this season.
The news has alerted Tottenham who are now preparing a move for the French international before the transfer window slams shut next Friday.
Spurs could face competition from Premier League rivals Fulham
spacer.gif
for Remy with the Craven Cottage side keeping tabs on the forward's situation at the Stade Velodrome.
Fulham boss Martin Jol is thought to be keen on signing a new striker and Remy is thought to figure on his wanted list.

Agree steff. We do have making sof a top top team, but I fear we have simply not done enough in the market to keep up with our top4 rivals.

Yep, as things stand, Arse and cheatski have increased the gap between them and us whilst Liverpoo have closed the gap to us

We have a lot of work to do in 6 days if we want top 4, but am not expecting too much given that I cant see us being able to attract and afford the top talent which we need

That Remy story is rather scary if true. We've been after him for a year now and it seemed like we dropped our interest when AVB took over but now we're in such a desperate state we're going back in for him with 1 week of the window left?

That Remy story is rather scary if true. We've been after him for a year now and it seemed like we dropped our interest when AVB took over but now we're in such a desperate state we're going back in for him with 1 week of the window left?

It was suggested by some ITK (I know, I know) at the time we dropped our interest that it was because Marseille were asking for too much and we might go back later to see if a deal could be made. Apparently they're in serious need of cash, but they just sold their RB to Chelsea for £8 million.

Our transfer strategy is bizarre. I am assuming we will make progress in the next week but tbh I am not really convinced. Kinda expecting last minute frantic action, probably for targets we dont really want followed by stories of how we 'tried' to get big players in.

Remy, being an inside forward/someone to cut in from the right and go for goal would have been very useful today...

To cheer you up or tip you over the edge:

Are you allowed to pass comment on so called other 'itks'? I would like to if I can? Just to say one thing, anyone claiming they know the team is not being truthful because at 11.55am the starting 11 hasn't been told to the team, so unless AVB is posting which I know he isn't you make your mind up.
I will give you the facts beginning Monday. Big week for us. Defining week perhaps- Daniel was at the lodge yesterday to run through the plan for the week, if we don't get our top targets we have contingency plans in place, we will sign. And players will leave.

Enjoy the game today.

POTL

I can't wait for the transfer deadline to come around. I hope between now & then that we get all the needed transfers addressed. Tuesday is already going to be a busy day but hopefully other days are equally so.

Back