• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's the latest from JJetset by the way, who apparently is Swedish;

@jetsetyid
GHod morgon till mina Svenska twits och en ny anfallare är på väg… Arne Hegerfors

translates to: "Good morning to my Swedish twits and a new striker is on the way ... Arne Hegerfors"

@jetsetyid
@GazzehCOYS Brasilien superstjarna

in response to someone asking "toivonen", translates to "Brazilian Superstar"

----

Arne Hegerfors is a well known Swedish commentator, so I don't know what he has to do with it. And how "brazilian super star" translates to "Toivonen" is really beyond me.

The Swedish flag is BLUE and YELLOW.

lol at people thinking now we have Sig that VDV is surplus to requirements. He is one of the few proper big game players we have that doesnt bottle it at the first sign of pressure. More than that he is a fantastic player, who is playing at the top of his game for us near enough week in week out and people want to ship him out for a hyped up youngster with some potential. Just laughable.

Mate, you are wasting your time - the knives have been out for months and soon the feast will begin

I sometimes think we don't deserve players of his ilk because their true qualities are never appreciated be some while every single little shortcoming is memorised during games, written down and regurtitated here afterewards while in turn magnified significantly in terms of poportion and magnitude. Much like Utd fans moaning about Berbatov not 'running' enough, or Ginola being too 'selfish'.

If Sigurdsson achieves half of VdV's career, I'm sure he will retire as a happy man one day

I don't particularly rate Toivonen, he could be decent backup material, but he is certainly no starter for us, I would hope for someone who isn't quite as big a drop off from Ade. But if it is him we would get a player with a mean streak at least, that's always nice.

So whats this rumour about Spurs walking away from the Zeki Fryers deal, because the tribunal has set the fee at an astonishing £6m?

Anyone heard anything about this - I though the decision from the tribunal would be made public; as with Bostock a few years back

So whats this rumour about Spurs walking away from the Zeki Fryers deal, because the tribunal has set the fee at an astonishing £6m?

Anyone heard anything about this - I though the decision from the tribunal would be made public; as with Bostock a few years back

Is a bit silly, looks like it could be lose lose.

On the one hand we don't get him because he's £6m.

On the other hand United have to settle for a fee well south of that because he'll just go abroad.

Apparently he has only been training with us and the talk is that he's visiting Standard Liege as a foreign club will only have to pay a nominal fee. I'm guessing we're not sure he's worth a POTENTIAL £6million fee. Wouldn't go to a tribunal unless we've decided to sign him.

Gary Jacob @garyjacob

Avb: last time spoke to clarke was in nov. Qpr interest dawson. We listen to offers but if he stays extreme privilege. Dawson train spurs
Avb: hope defoe stay spurs players. Modric here but can be resolves in few days
Avb; was interested in willam last year, don't want ti go deep, I appreciate him. Leandro fantastic player
Avb: in ideal have 4 cen backs. So extra competion with 5.

Apparently he has only been training with us and the talk is that he's visiting Standard Liege as a foreign club will only have to pay a nominal fee. I'm guessing we're not sure he's worth a POTENTIAL £6million fee. Wouldn't go to a tribunal unless we've decided to sign him.

But we could be in an akward position too - because we really need a backup left-back back. Rose seems to be touted around; and is not good enough imo.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out

As is Verts...

I dislike this idea.

If verts is one of the first choice CB's splitting the pair would not be good for the 'partnership'.

If he is not one of the first choice CB's i'm alright with it, as it means he'll get game time without affecting other areas of the team...

I don't particularly rate Toivonen, he could be decent backup material, but he is certainly no starter for us, I would hope for someone who isn't quite as big a drop off from Ade. But if it is him we would get a player with a mean streak at least, that's always nice.

It's not about Toivonen, that's just what someone asked. I presume it's Damiao.

I dislike this idea.

If verts is one of the first choice CB's splitting the pair would not be good for the 'partnership'.

If he is not one of the first choice CB's i'm alright with it, as it means he'll get game time without affecting other areas of the team...

It would give game time to our other CBs and would only be short term if Benny is out for some reason.

It would give game time to our other CBs and would only be short term if Benny is out for some reason.

It might give game time to the other CB's, but the key to a good defensive unit is consistency.

Moving Vert to LB and placing in a different CB is two changes, where one should suffice.

Get In

Spurs locked in Willian talks

Andre Villas-Boas keen to land Brazilian from Shakhtar

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: August 23, 2012 9:44am

The 24-year-old attacking midfielder has long been linked with a move to England, with Chelsea having previously failed to land him, and numerous bids have been turned down in the past 18 months.

Now Sky Sports can confirm that Spurs are working hard to secure his signature.

Andre Villas-Boas has sanctioned the move for a player who was brought to his attention during his time with Chelsea, and he believes Willian would be an excellent addition to his squad.

However, Spurs have seen their approaches rebuffed and at least two offers have already been rejected by Shakhtar.

The Ukrainian giants have always insisted that they want at least £20million for the Brazil international, who has two years left on his current deal.

Sky Sports understands Spurs are still in talks with Shakhtar, meaning the North London club are trying to push through a deal before next week's transfer deadline.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8011199/Spurs-locked-in-Willian-talks

Get in? You think thats good then?

Ive seen virtually nothing of him, so cannot form a full judgement - but from what I have seen and read he scores no where near enough for an attacking player, disappears from games/is inconsistent.

That seems like a hell of a lot of money to me who looks like a less effective Lennon.

It might give game time to the other CB's, but the key to a good defensive unit is consistency.

Moving Vert to LB and placing in a different CB is two changes, where one should suffice.

That's perhaps the one plus with King retiring. We lose a better player, but we might end up with a better partnership through consistency.

Back