• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It not so much a question of wouldn't we like him, but is it a good idea to put so many of our limited resources into getting him? If we could get him on a free transfer and a deal within our wage structure then I doubt many people would strongly object.

[-X

Ade scored most if not all of his penalties! But I will give you the free kick part!

They were never convincing though, always pathetic sidefoots not very far into the corner that are liable to being saved. Don't know too much about Cardozo, we seem to be linked to him by someone every summer!

I'm absolutely gutted Cazorla to Arsenal looks to be a certainty now, he really is a brilliant player, was quietly hoping someone else (US for example..) would go in for him. Arsenal will be much, much more of a threat with him in the team and will probably finish above us. Giroud will not definitely succeed and I don't rate Podolski, but there's no way Cazorla won't be a hit IMO. Seriously hope I'm wrong.

Varela, yes please

Always impressed me more on the left for Porto than Hulk ever used to on the right. Not sure we really need a left-sider though with Bale.

Think Varela and Cardozo are just very lazy links to obvious players in Portugual, just like all the countless random Dutch ones we got under Jol (and never signed, other than Davids)

They were never convincing though, always pathetic sidefoots not very far into the corner that are liable to being saved. Don't know too much about Cardozo, we seem to be linked to him by someone every summer!

I'm absolutely gutted Cazorla to Arsenal looks to be a certainty now, he really is a brilliant player, was quietly hoping someone else (US for example..) would go in for him. Arsenal will be much, much more of a threat with him in the team and will probably finish above us. Giroud will not definitely succeed and I don't rate Podolski, but there's no way Cazorla won't be a hit IMO. Seriously hope I'm wrong.

dude, that is more or less a certainty. They have finished above us since 1995 i believe.... :p

I'm going to flame out here I know but my nephew (connected?yes) says we will announce the signing on Friday. We have several appointments to finalise but he is adamant 'the one' /'that one' will be announced Friday. I trust him obviously as he is family, but he has got things 'on the head' before. I have no idea who he is talking about. Siggy is mustard though isn't he?

I'm going to flame out here I know but my nephew (connected?yes) says we will announce the signing on Friday. We have several appointments to finalise but he is adamant 'the one' /'that one' will be announced Friday. I trust him obviously as he is family, but he has got things 'on the head' before. I have no idea who he is talking about. Siggy is mustard though isn't he?

7 posts. we believe you....

dude, that is more or less a certainty. They have finished above us since 1995 i believe.... :p

They were utter brick for half of last season even with RVP.

I definitely think we can finish above them this year, but signing Cazorla while we, desperately in need of a striker, (appear to) sit on our arses is very disconcerting.

Without RVP they will be greatly weakened, although less than many may predict. I think they'll come 4th at least this year, and unless we make some serious signings soon, above us for sure.

Best wishes.

They were utter brick for half of last season even with RVP.

I definitely think we can finish above them this year, but signing Cazorla while we, desperately in need of a striker, (appear to) sit on our arses is very disconcerting.

Without RVP they will be greatly weakened, although less than many may predict. I think they'll come 4th at least this year, and unless we make some serious signings soon, above us for sure.

true, but its them and us. last season was our chance. cant see them being dog brick again, they actually have a good squad. Yes VP saved them, but they will always score goals no matter who is playing. can never see them being outside the top 4.

true, but its them and us. last season was our chance. cant see them being dog brick again, they actually have a good squad. Yes VP saved them, but they will always score goals no matter who is playing. can never see them being outside the top 4.

I agree, but we can come above them nonetheless. At the moment Chelsea, Arsenal and us would appear to be the main contenders for 3rd-5th. Chelsea have made lots of signings and its unclear how well/quickly they'll bed in, Arsenal's attack is going through transition and if it doesn't succeed straight away they might drop a few points early on, also their defence is not particularly convincing. I think we're outsiders but we have to believe while we still can, for all we know we'll be rock bottom in October and it'll be 2008 all over again!

UncleNormanGiller ‏@NormanGiller
Just leaked to me at Olympic Park that Spurs are close to clinching signing of a proper striker, Robert Lewandowski. What a golden day!

Back