• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ I wish we would get that done we have no target man as it is, I would say we are not in a very good bargaining position. Emirates Marketing Project could give two bricks if Ade rots in reserves and we only have one striker who doesn't currently fit into our system no time to fudge around imo

I don't know, whatever it is I hope it's done soon. Otherwise we only have Defoe and Harry Kane :lol:

It really worries me that we have not been "seriously" linked with any other strikers. We have just over 3 weeks until the start of the season. We joke now but it's gonna be Kane and Lancaster as our striker options on the bench

^ I wish we would get that done we have no target man as it is, I would say we are not in a very good bargaining position. Emirates Marketing Project could give two bricks if Ade rots in reserves and we only have one striker who doesn't currently fit into our system no time to fudge around imo

I don't know about that, he's on almost 10m a year in wages with them. FFP seems like a complete farce at the moment but I'm sure they wouldn't want to just pay this for nothing.

Don't agree with this, they are desperate to offload some of their strikers to make room for Van Persie etc. We'll get bad Ade for 5m.

Don't agree with this, they are desperate to offload some of their strikers to make room for Van Persie etc. We'll get bad Ade for 5m.

The Sheikh has an unlimited budget he has proved that already. I think they learned their lesson doing us a favour last season with the loan

on what other planet could we get a player of Ade's talent for 7 mill....he has 2 years left of his city contract, yes they want to get rid but come on, we wanted to get rid Pav but didnt let him go for 7 mill

at 7 mill Ade is a steal....

The Sheikh has an unlimited budget he has proved that already. I think they learned their lesson doing us a favour last season with the loan

It's more about freeing up squad places and trying to meet the FFP. At least that's what it should be if they are playing by the rules.

on what other planet could we get a player of Ade's talent for 7 mill....he has 2 years left of his city contract, yes they want to get rid but come on, we wanted to get rid Pav but didnt let him go for 7 mill

Beware of the dog or he might BITE. Barks + wind = STORM

great story from Spurs community.....

Ooh, this sounds like a chance to (re)tell my Enzo Scifo story... what do you mean, you've all heard it a thousand times? Bloody sod ya. There'll be some kids who haven't. And, besides, a story worth telling once is worth telling twice (or several hundred times)...

Back in the Sugar days I was fortunate to be in the Directors Box for a game when Big Al was chatting with John Motson, recalling days gone by... (not to be treated as verbatim but the gist is very much in tact) "I had that Enzo Scifo here... cracking player. We really wanted him. We were sat down around the table, his agent, him, me... and then he gets a call from his missus. She doesn't want to come to London. He puts down the pen, walks out, we never see him again."

There is just one example of a 9/10 (even a 10/10, really) turning into a 0/10 in the space of 12 seconds, let alone 12 hours. So, do I think it's possible? Oh yes

Agreed 100% frankly I am surprised more clubs are not in for him at that price

Agreed 100% frankly I am surprised more clubs are not in for him at that price

and its almost like even if City put a 3 mill price tag on Ade, Levy would offer 1 mill and wait and wait until City accept

Levy must win....

Ooh, this sounds like a chance to (re)tell my Enzo Scifo story... what do you mean, you've all heard it a thousand times? Bloody sod ya. There'll be some kids who haven't. And, besides, a story worth telling once is worth telling twice (or several hundred times)...

Back in the Sugar days I was fortunate to be in the Directors Box for a game when Big Al was chatting with John Motson, recalling days gone by... (not to be treated as verbatim but the gist is very much in tact) "I had that Enzo Scifo here... cracking player. We really wanted him. We were sat down around the table, his agent, him, me... and then he gets a call from his missus. She doesn't want to come to London. He puts down the pen, walks out, we never see him again."

There is just one example of a 9/10 (even a 10/10, really) turning into a 0/10 in the space of 12 seconds, let alone 12 hours. So, do I think it's possible? Oh yes

Amazing that you can find out all that about a transfer while sitting in a directors box while watching a game. It's a great place to be discussing personal business within the club and its finances with complete strangers over hearing. I'm going to have to try that sometime, and if not, I'll just make up the same bull brick as I have read there.

fudge. That was one that got away.

just got told by an AC Milan fan that Milan have made an offer for Ade, around 10 mill.....Ibra replacement

hope its not true

Ooh, this sounds like a chance to (re)tell my Kaka story... what do you mean, you've all heard it a thousand times? Bloody sod ya. There'll be some kids who haven't. And, besides, a story worth telling once is worth telling twice (or several hundred times)...

Back in the Sugar days I was fortunate to be in the Directors Box for a game when Big Al was chatting with John Motson, recalling days gone by... (not to be treated as verbatim but the gist is very much in tact) "I had that Kaka here... cracking player. We really wanted him. We were sat down around the table, his agent, him, me... and then he gets a call from his missus. She doesn't want to come to London. He puts down the pen, walks out, we never see him again."

There is just one example of a 9/10 (even a 10/10, really) turning into a 0/10 in the space of 12 seconds, let alone 12 hours. So, do I think it's possible? Oh yes.

Back