• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Andre Villas-Boas is ready to go head-to-head with former employers Chelsea over the recruitment of the Bundesliga's leading marksman, Robert Lewandowski. Tottenham Hotspur's newly-appointed coach has recommended the 23-year-old Poland international to the club, who have made an initial approach for the versatile striker.

Chelsea, who fired Villas-Boas in March and continued paying the Portuguese's £2 million (Dh11,377m) net salary until his formal appointment at White Hart Lane last week, have a long-standing interest in Lewandowski. Villas-Boas, however, is moving quickly to implement a transfer strategy he has been working on since provisionally agreeing to succeed Harry Redknapp in mid-June.

In collaboration with chairman Daniel Levy and technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood, the new coach plans to reinforce Tottenham's squad in all areas. After the pre-arranged purchases of midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson from Hoffenheim and central defender Jan Vertonghen from Ajax, they are working with a transfer budget of £25m plus the income from sales.

Villas-Boas has approved a decision to cash in on Luka Modric's desire to leave the club, preferably to Real Madrid. Tottenham are also prepared to sell Rafael van der Vaart to raise further funds. Though popular with supporters, the Holland international has struggled for fitness and tactical discipline throughout his two seasons in the Premier League.

As a replacement Villas-Boas has persuaded Tottenham to bid for Joao Moutinho, a key figure in the FC Porto team with which he won the Europa League, Portuguese League and Portuguese Cup in 2011. The Portugal midfielder is also pushing for the move, meeting Porto president Nuno Pinto da Costa on Wednesday to request a transfer.

Though Moutinho's buyout clause is €40m (Dh180,515m), Tottenham believe they may be able to secure the player for as little as €22m. The deal, however, is likely to be complicated by third-party ownership and sell-on values.

Moutinho forced a €10m transfer from Sporting in the summer of 2010 and the Lisbon club are due 25 per cent of the profit on the player's next move. Porto also sold, and then bought back, proportions of Moutinho's economic rights to a Belgian company. Currently, 15 per cent of those rights are owned by Football Invest Fund.

Moutinho is represented by Pini Zahavi and his nephew Nir, and there is scepticism about reports that Manchester United have made an offer for the midfielder. Tottenham believe they do not face competition from Sir Alex Ferguson for the player's signature.

United have, though, made an offer for Moussa Dembele, who is entering the final year of his contract with Fulham. While the London club rejected Ferguson's initial bid for the attacking midfielder, they are prepared to sell the Belgium international if their valuation is met.

United are about to raise £3m from the sale of Park Ji-sung to Queens Park Rangers. The South Korea midfielder, 31, agreed a lucrative contract extension at Old Trafford a year ago only to be sparsely used last season.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/andre-villas-boas-to-fight-chelsea-for-robert-lewandowski

i saw those videos. quality supply from both sides to result in those goals. gotta wonder why Man U didn't want to buy the lewandowski- kagawa partnership instead of kagawa alone.

It might have something to do with the fact that Dortmund have declared Lewandoski wil be not sold this summer under any circumsttances which really means they would only sell him for very silly money, the kind of money Man Utd cannot afford

In footballing terms, going from Dortmund to Spurs is not an upwards step.

Indeed.

German champions. In the Champions League this season. Home games played in awesome 80K stadium that is packed out and noisy as hell for every game.

The only thing going for Spurs would be that the Premier League is more prestigious than the Bundesliga.

And €20 million? Unless Dortmund are still in deep financial crap, I can't think why they'd sell at all, let alone for so little.

Last edited:
BackPage. @BackPage
Lokomotiv Moskow have reached an agreement with Trabzonspor for Burak Yilmaz, as tweeted earlier.

Transfer Updates @TransferUpdats
According to my sources, Anderson & Dimitar Berbatov will be sold in the coming days.

Quite interested in Utd this summer. Last season was their weakest squad in memory IMO, and yet they lost the title on GD only.

So far Kagawa is in and Vidic apparently fit, but if they clear out a lot of squad members will they be any stronger? Curious to see what SAF does...

Steve Bateman‏@steviebateman

According to a Spurs first-team regular, at the time of his illness #THFC were negotiating with #CFC over sale of Daniel Sturridge.

Castles seemed quite informed in the weeks before leading up to AVB's appointment, maybe there's some legs in that story.

Didn't Dortmund have bad financial trouble a while back? Maybe they still need to go a little way to getting totally out of it.

The problem with Robert Lewandoski is that if we had signed him 2 seasons ago from Lech Poznań for 4.5 million euros as Dortmund did there would have been a lot of rubbish posted on here about him not being proven in this league and about Levy being cheap and not wanting to spend money on a proper striker. Now that he has become hit and helped win the German league (2 seasons in a row if I am not mistaken) we now have little chance of acquiring his services.

Steve Bateman‏@steviebateman

According to a Spurs first-team regular, at the time of his illness #THFC were negotiating with #CFC over sale of Daniel Sturridge.

I wonder about this...does Sturridge accept he's not going to be a central striker? I assume AVB would/will be bringing him in for the cutting in from the right role, which Sturridge has said he doesn't want to always play?

Unless he's gonna play him as the main striker in his system?

Did he say that? I never saw the interview.

As it stands though it would be an exciting move - leaving only a striker lacking for a very good side

........................Friedel

Walker........Kaboul.........Vertonghen.....Ekotto
.................Sandro.........Modric
.......................Sigurdsson
..........Sturridge...................Bale
..........................?????????

BackPage. @BackPage

Bayer Leverkusen have rejected a €25m offer from Chelsea for Andre Schürrle

Why no VDV? Do you really rate Sigurdsson more than Van Der Vaart?

Its part of the massive love-in on GG for Sigurdsson. Not saying that I dis-like him however I cant remember anyone wanting him about 2 or 3 months ago - now he's our saviour!

Im just looking at it from what I imagine AVBs pov will be

Does illustrate our options very nicely though, VDV, Huddlestone, Parker and Lennon are all missing from that sude

Back