• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I were a mod I would ban you for basic stupidity

Joining in on the bullying bandwagon are you?

The comments were controversial and personally I don't agree with them at all, but the way a gang of posters on this forum (including a so called mod) have jumped on the bandwagon belittling the guy and taking the tinkle is disgusting. Talk about mob rule.

According to at least one tabloid on Sunday, Rogers wants to take Sturridge to Liverpool, I must say I would not mind him at Spurs

The comments were controversial and personally I don't agree with them at all, but the way a gang of posters on this forum (including a so called mod) have jumped on the bandwagon belittling the guy and taking the tinkle is disgusting. Talk about mob rule.

Get over it.

His comments were deliberately controversial. He repeated and embellished them multiple times, on more than one thread.

He asked for exactly the kind of response that he got.

If somebody says something stupid, they are going to get stupid responses.

It's nothing about mob rule, it's about someone saying something that is so obviously wrong that it hurts.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

David Moyes could quit Everton if the club decides to sell defender Leighton Baines to Manchester United.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Real Madrid have dropped their interest in Emirates Marketing Project's David Silva, and will compete with Chelsea for Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini.

Full story: Metro

Chelsea are set to sign Anderlecht starlet Charly Musonda, 15, rated as one of the hottest prospects in European football.

Full story: Daily Mail

Celtic's Victor Wanyama is determined to push through a move to England, with several Premier League clubs interested in the 20-year-old. Full story: Daily Record
EURO 2012 GOSSIP

France midfielder Yohan Cabaye believes stopping Steven Gerrard is the key to defeating England.

Ray Parlour insists Arsene Wenger is partly to blame for Russia star Andrey Arshavin's failure to shine with Arsenal

Full story: talkSPORT

Teddy Sheringham believes the lack of expectation around England could work in their favour - just as it did in 1996.

Full story: Daily Mirror
The long wait is finally over for Republic of Ireland's Richard Dunne

The long wait is finally over for Republic of Ireland's Richard Dunne

Netherlands boss Bert Van Marwijk is refusing to lay the blame for his side's shock defeat to Denmark at the misfiring feet of Robin van Persie

Andres Iniesta believes the Barcelona versus Real Madrid rivalry must be put aside if Spain are to remain European champions.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

Richard Dunne has waited ten years to take his tournament bow with the Republic of Ireland.

OTHER GOSSIP

Harry Redknapp could be close to leaving Tottenham for a lucrative job in the Middle East as his contract talks rumble on.

New Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is planning to move the Villa Park dug-outs so he can be closer to the Holte End fans.

Full story: Birmingham Evening Mail

Wolves are close to signing Lillestrom striker Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson for ?ú3m.

Full story: Express & Star

Fulham are keen to sign Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Danny Simpson, with QPR and Norwich waiting in the wings.

Full story: Saudi Sportswashing Machine Chronicle

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has been impressed with the quality of candidates for the Swans' managerial vacancy.

Full story: South Wales Evening Post
AND FINALLY

Netherlands midfielder Wesley Sneijder produced a stunning backheel volley during training - in sharp contrast to his side's poor finishing against Denmark

Full story: Metro

The Football Association has booked a jet to bring the England squad back from Euro 2012 on June 20 - the day after their final group match.

Full story: The Sun

but you did the same thing to afan

Last edited:
i dont think i want sturridge anymore...i think for a wing forward he is extremely selfish and lacks vision.

but as a squad player? why not

According to at least one tabloid on Sunday, Rogers wants to take Sturridge to Liverpool, I must say I would not mind him at Spurs

Where would you play him and at the expense of who? He seems an ok player to me but not better than we have an not suited to our preferred formation.

Where would you play him and at the expense of who? He seems an ok player to me but not better than we have an not suited to our preferred formation.

He's a natural striker who's been force-moulded into a wide forward since that's the only position available at Chelsea

I'm guessing Rodgers would opt for a similar deplyoment (not his optimum, imv)

Carrol

Suarez -- Sturridge

Henderson -- Lucas -- Gerrard

Back