• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Levy messes up Vertonghem deal then I will be so tinkled.
Around ?ú9-?ú15mill for a world class CB who is available in our wage structure and Levy is messing it up.

Exactly why we don't sign anybody; LEVY!

You present this as fact, how do you know this? Do you know the player? or maybe you've a direct line to Daniel?

can't say i know anything about him - checked a couple of youtube videos - seem like a bit of an arrogant taco that would be right up Arsenals street. all his goals seem to be one on ones or close range headers. not impressed really but that's just through 10 minutes of searching the internet

undecided

The transfer market has been very stagnant the last few years and only the stupid rich clubs (Chelsea & Emirates Marketing Project) and the stupid club (Liverpool) doing any serious business. In a market where players only move for massively inflated fees, can you blame Levy for sitting tight and waiting for the market to free up again?

Who said anything about "serious" business? What is "serious" business?

We could have made smart, considered moves to strengthen within our budget areas of the squad sorely lacking in depth but heavily relied upon for our playing style.

Common sense.

I want us to sign a bastard, a proper cheating fudge. Cheats, tacos etc win. I want to win.

Is Remy a cnut ?

can't say i know anything about him - checked a couple of youtube videos - seem like a bit of an arrogant taco that would be right up Arsenals street. all his goals seem to be one on ones or close range headers. not impressed really but that's just through 10 minutes of searching the internet

undecided

From what you've seen on Youtube, against what you've seen this season, could Ade and Remy work well together in tandem?

From what you've seen on Youtube, against what you've seen this season, could Ade and Remy work well together in tandem?

er, dunno - was just showing his goals what i saw, seems a bit tricky with his feet - guess he would work off of Adebayor quite well - but then are we going to be playing 2 forwards next season ?

Only time I've watched him was against this Lille this season, Remy scored both in a 2-0 win. Wasn't involved a great deal but took his goals well, funnily enough Hazard was pretty rubbish and Joe Cole was the best player on the pitch.

er, dunno - was just showing his goals what i saw, seems a bit tricky with his feet - guess he would work off of Adebayor quite well - but then are we going to be playing 2 forwards next season ?

It could be an option; an expensive option I'll grant you, but I've always thought that it was good to have different options in the locker to open up those teams who like to "park the bus", or when you really want to keep the back four occupied?

It doesn't matter how many years he has left on his contract; That doesn't effect us, That effects the selling club.

At the end of the day; Vertonghen for ?ú9-?ú15mill on a long contract; No brainer!
If we wait then Milan or some other club will sign him.

He likes dancing about so I think he could definitely work with Adebayor.

Their dancing, post goals, will entertain the crowds and keep Bale away from whatever that dancing thing he does with Adebayor is about!!

Plus he looks like a clinical finisher and that's just what we need! So that's a YES from me!!

Is he better than Pav, Saha and Gio? Yes.

That's pretty much enough for me. As RF/ 2nd or 3rd choice CF. Perfect.

If he's supposed to be an alternative to Ade though (rather than in addition), then definitely no.

Eventhough he has had a good season, would a 31-year old player with only 1 season in the PL hand in a transfer request, unless he had other offers on the table?

Pretty sure a club has been talking to him with the promise of a big payrise

Sunderland would be a good bet - MON likes a physical lump upfront and they need a striker or two

Must be about money. He signed for Norwich in League One I think and is probably on peanuts compared to other PL strikers.

Back