• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Moutinho, Sahin and Cabaye are the only 3 suitable replacements for Modric IMO. Cabaye would be third preference, but still very decent.

If Spurs had a decent scouting network we would be aware of other suitable candidates. Cabaye was available for 3.5 mill but Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a good scouting system in France

If Spurs had a decent scouting network we would be aware of other suitable candidates. Cabaye was available for 3.5 mill but Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a good scouting system in France

Its also timing. Maybe we were aware but didnt need him especially as our squad was a) heavy in numbers and b) required further work elsewhere i.e. strikers

Its also timing. Maybe we were aware but didnt need him especially as our squad was a) heavy in numbers and b) required further work elsewhere i.e. strikers

Instead we ended up with a certain South African midfielder from Everton whom we definitely did not need

DHSF, the point is there are a lot of quality low profile players available if you look hard enough. When we go for the well known ones we tend to be outbid by richer clubs or they tend to be very expensive.

Dave Goddard @DaveGoddard1971

Joey Barton to Fleetwood Town? Training there and a loan move not been ruled out.

Who: The Goat
When: 23rd July
Where: SC

The Goat said: ↑
Not transfer related.........The Goat has been told that the Al Khalifa family that have been linked with investing in Spurs are set for a takeover of another club, right colour shirts though, it's Leeds United. It should be completed by the middle of next month.

I see Dembele more in the Huddlestone replacement (if his ankle problems continue) bracket than the Modric replacement bracket myself. An £8m player rather than a £25m player.

If you are comparing based only on value then maybe, but as players I would say the opposite is true.

Dembele is very mobile, with a very good short passing game, good close control, and passes and moves the ball forward in a similar manner to Modric - rather than being the deep sitting ball sprayer that Huddlestone is.

Didn't know where to stick this so here it is! Icelandic TV advert for the upcoming season, made for the Sports Channel that broadcasts the Premier League, featuring Gylfi.

[video=youtube;Vj31S0jOfJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj31S0jOfJs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Back