• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BackPageWHU @BackPageWHU

West Ham have appeared to have missed out on Nathaniel Clyne. The player looks set to join Southampton.
Modibo Maiga should be announced as a West Ham player in the next 48-72 hours

Judging by the supposed business we will do how does this look?

............................Lloris

Walker.......Kaboul........Vertonghen.....Ekotto

.................Sandro......Moutinho
......................Sigurdsson
..........Adrian..........................Bale
.......................Adebayor

With Friedel, Huddlestone, Parker, Caulker, Dawson, Lennon, VDV all as options.

Judging by the supposed business we will do how does this look?

............................Lloris

Walker.......Kaboul........Vertonghen.....Ekotto

.................Sandro......Moutinho
......................Sigurdsson
..........Adrian..........................Bale
.......................Adebayor

With Friedel, Huddlestone, Parker, Caulker, Dawson, Lennon, VDV all as options.

Is this based on ITK? :lol:

Take out Adrian for Lennon (with VdV starting possibly) and Lloris for Brad and I think you're spot on!

Entirely, the (seemingly) stronger rumours...

Honestly not sure I see Lennon being enough goal threat in that position. He has the ability, but never it seems the belief.

Lloris/Friedel - really couldnt care less

If GDS goes on to prove everyone wrong and make Harry look like a mug, it might be quite a sweet moment.

Over the years I've seen some idiotic posts on this forum and probably made a fair few myself, but this post blows the vast majority of them away with regards to complete stupidity. Unbelievable.

Entirely, the (seemingly) stronger rumours...

Honestly not sure I see Lennon being enough goal threat in that position. He has the ability, but never it seems the belief.

Lloris/Friedel - really couldnt care less

Don't get me wrong - I'd be over the moon if we landed Adrian (fudging class player) or even Lloris for that matter - simply think we'd run out of chips by the time we conclude the inevitable replacement for Modric. FC Porto know we want him and most improtantly - 'need' him, and will take us to the cleaners using mostly his buy-out clause. Adrian wouldn't cost (imv) anything less than 15m.

Last edited:
Adrian has a release clause in that region (€18m?), its why AM are (allegedly) tinkled off at our approach - powerless to stop us.

Lloris Im not fussed, good keeper and that but a lot of money and not the biggest priority IMO

Is Adrian Lopez going to Tottenham?

Reports are circulating that Andre Villas-Boas, who is in desparate need to replenish and boost the striking options at White Hart Lane, is keen to make Atletico Madrid’s 24-year-old hitman a Lilywhite. Such rumours should be welcomed by the Spurs faithful.

The case can be made that the Rojiblancos’ capture of Adrian last summer was one of the best pieces of business done anywhere in Europe.

Coming through the youth ranks at Real Oviedo, Adrian spent a year in the Segunda Division before moving to Deportivo at the age of 18. Struggling to initially break into the senior side, the 5ft 11 striker had loan spells at Alaves and Malaga before returning and featuring regularly with Depor in the past two seasons.

But Depor failed to secure Adrian’s long term future in black and white in a contract. That meant that after starring at the 2011 Under-21 championship (where he won the Golden Boot with six goals for La Roja), Adrian agreed to move to Atletico Madrid on a free transfer last summer, and the move was resounding success.

At the Vicente Calderon, Adrian scored 19 goals in 55 games across all competitions (plus another five goals for Spain). That included 10 goals in Atletico’s triumphant Europa League campaign, and Adrian was rewarded on the international stage as Vicente del Bosque handed Adrian his full international debut in May, although he was not included in the 23-man squad for Euro 2012.

Adrian is a classic centre-forward. His mobility, pace, ability to drop deep, play off the shoulder of the defender and race on to incisive through-balls fit, makes him a lethal threat to any opposition defence. Moreover, although not the tallest striker, Adrian is deadly at scoring headers too.

Adrian’s standout moment last season came against Hannover in the quarter-final of the Europa League. After 63 minutes of the contest Adrian stole the show with a fine individual run that beat three German defenders and the goalie before he applied the clinical finish.

Although under contract until 2015 at Atelti, Adrian has a well-known £14.5million clause of his contract. Should Spurs stump up the cash, there could be ever chance that the Spaniard could move to London this summer.

Watch all of Adrian 19 goals for Atleico during 2011/12 below.

[video]http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/video-tottenham-sign-adrian-atletico-145m-including-goals-20112012/[/video]

According to some Spanish media we are close to accepting 35m for Luka

I pray that somehow Sahin will be involved as i'd prefer him to be one of the 3 cm's over Moutinho. Even if it's just a loan i'd be ok with that.

As for Lopez it does look like we've targeted him which would be fantastic business. As i said before he looks far better when he plays centrally so not sure how he's gonna cope playing behind Ade. he's done it before though so yes i can certainly see why we want him.

Moutinho is class, but I dont know Sahin well enough to compare.

One to consider with Moutinho though, he has already played in AVBs system VERY successfully. You could even argue he was the key man for Porto. Bringing him in would ease any transition/learning curve to AVBs way of doing things...

Fabio Borini: Scored 9 goals from 18 shots on target last term; 50% conversion.

Now I see why Liverpool bought him.

Outside of Owen/Torres in recent memory, Pool is a striker's graveyard, every striker that goes there suddenly becomes brick.

Can't see this posted:

Duncan Castles (seemingly well informed journo) on twitter:

https://twitter.com/duncancastles

"Emirates Marketing Project will receive £5m from Tottenham for Emmanuel Adebayor. Understand that City will subsidise the player's wages. ‪#MCFC‬ ‪#THFC"

Nothing new really, but one more piece of information.

Sahin is the better of the two imo.

I think Sahin has the potential to become better than Moutinho at least, and he would be cheaper. Having never played a full season outside the Bundesliga or competed in Europe or in an international tournament and having been injured and on the bench for pretty much a full season I would expect Sahin to take longer to adjust though and Moutinho would be the better player if we want an immediate impact.

re Lascelles

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
@Football_Juice We've just freed a young star from a french prison in the woods!!!

Adrian has a release clause in that region (€18m?), its why AM are (allegedly) tinkled off at our approach - powerless to stop us.

Lloris Im not fussed, good keeper and that but a lot of money and not the biggest priority IMO

my understanding is release clauses are only for spanish clubs not foreign - Think it was tim vickery on world football phonein i heard that from

Back