• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have agreed a fee with Ajax. Why should we pay another £1.5 million that Ajax is contractually obliged to pay Vertonghen?

It always amazes me how casual people are with our money! It's as if they think that £1.5 million isn't very much! Well, it is! Especially in the context of Spurs also having to buy other players and pay a squad of 30-40 odd professionals a wage that will allow us to be as competitive as possible with other clubs that have greater resources. Every penny that we unnecessarily waste on overpaying for new signings is money that we cannot subsequently spend elsewhere.

So calm down, everyone! This contract dispute is between Vertonghen and Ajax. It's nothing to do with us. We've done our bit. Thankfully, unlike the fans, Levy has balls of steel. Vertonghen will sign for Spurs. And we won't pay any more than the figure hat has already been agreed.

From everything i've read this is like virtual suicide for a club like Ajax.

In the future their players who are offered a percentage of transfer fee to take lower wages will know that it's a crock and tell them to just go and do one.

How can Ajax actually do this? Like how is it remotely possible? Why do they think they can get away with it? If the contract states he is entitled to 15% of any transfer fee, how on earth do they think that translates to Spurs having to pay 15% extra? I just can't get my head around it.

As Spursalot says, it's going to seriously put other players off taking similar agreement. There's probably a few of Jan's mates that do have similar clauses right now and are not going to be too fond of Ajax right now too. It just seems unbelievable that a professional outfit (supposedly) at the elite level of the game would try something like this.

Cant believe that they would field Alonso and Modric together as a CM pairing

Modric is far better deep - his strengths are keeping the ball moving and kntting the team together rather than being up by the CF to play the final ball. Modric plays the ball before the final ball. Also, bar the odd spectacular goal, his shooting is pretty dire

Read my post again, I didnt imply that at all.

I said Modric starts play from deep, but moves forward with it - he doesnt stay there - therefore he isnt a sitting/deep player. I also said Ozil is the focal point of the midfield, he would be the one effecting attacking play more - Modric would move forward in support of him/feeding him

How come the Adebayor talk has gone dead, due to Redknapp being sacked do you guys think and the new manager not wanting him?

Id still sign him, as cant think of anyone better out there that we can get at the moment.

Transfer League Table 2003 - 2011

I have had a quick search through and did not see anything on this so decided to post it.

The table below represents the clubs net spend per season from Season 2003/04 to date.This Season saw the begining of very wealthy club ownership with Roman Abramovich's purchase of Chelsea .
Purchases = Money spent on Players, Sold = Money received from Players sold.
Net = Purchased minus Sold , This gives an indication of new investment on players .

The per season column gives an average of the money spend per season since 1992.

2012-06-28_1309.png

http://transferleague.co.uk/

I'd like Adebayor again, I don't know, there was just something about him I liked. He seemed to really enjoy himself here.

He did very well for us last season both goals and assists so that is going to be hard to replace. We actually needed another decent striker last season so with him and Saha gone, we currently only have Defoe!

Works very well as the lone front man.

I wonder if he would be even better in an AVB style 433 or not. From what I can make out he would have less responsibility to run the channels and more support in general - which could be the making of him.

Or alternatively could expose his apparent lack of killer instinct!

I have had a quick search through and did not see anything on this so decided to post it.

The table below represents the clubs net spend per season from Season 2003/04 to date.This Season saw the begining of very wealthy club ownership with Roman Abramovich's purchase of Chelsea .
Purchases = Money spent on Players, Sold = Money received from Players sold.
Net = Purchased minus Sold , This gives an indication of new investment on players .

The per season column gives an average of the money spend per season since 1992.

2012-06-28_1309.png

http://transferleague.co.uk/

Always difficult to put these things together, as so many of the transfer fees are never actually disclosed; therein it becomes pure guesswork, and often biased depending on whichever way you wish to present it.

In any event, it's a false representation of 'spend/investment:time' as wages are an equally important consideration which needs to be factored in.

I'm not sure any of it is even important anyway? Chelsea spent a fortune, yet we finished above them.

Always difficult to put these things together, as so many of the transfer fees are never actually disclosed; therein it becomes pure guesswork, and often biased depending on whichever way you wish to present it.

In any event, it's a false representation of 'spend/investment:time' as wages are an equally important consideration which needs to be factored in.

I'm not sure any of it is even important anyway? Chelsea spent a fortune, yet we finished above them.

Plus turnover plays a part. Surely if the club increases it's turnover it's not exactly surprising to see it spending more then a club that is stagnating.

so Sahin is "living the dream" in madrid......yeah, probably 60k a week and having to do fcuk all to earn it

a dream indeed

Once.

I'm sure they'll console themselves with 3 league titles and the Champions League!! :)

arse are in the red, penultimate in the table, weve spent 80 mill more net, and yet every season theyve finished above us

triffic

Back