• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to the online gossip rumour mill we are gonna sell Dawson [28] and replace him with Ricardo Carvalho [34] WTF?

According to the online gossip rumour mill we are gonna sell Dawson [28] and replace him with Ricardo Carvalho [34] WTF?

That would be because we can get some money for Dawson now and Carvalho would probably be a player/coach, not that I think we're actually signing him.

Assuming Dawson is 5th choice (As we are thinking of selling him and not the other defenders) it would not exactly be a bad choice. Though i am assuming Carvalho would be available on a free, and a player/coach..

Carvalho was a great player, but he won't have the speed for modern Prem football, especially with AVB's high line.

Don't think anyone else posted an update on this...
That @pthfcning revealed that the Bundesliga player in question was in fact Lewandowski.

Like I said, I couldn't believe we'd be in for him, so I'll reserve judgment until I see something more definitive. Let's see which papers pick up on this rumor and run with it (claiming announcement won't be made until dortmund find a replacement :ross:).

@Agent_ITK is saying we're in for Bent. I'm about to tell him to get bent.

Assuming Dawson is 5th choice (As we are thinking of selling him and not the other defenders) it would not exactly be a bad choice. Though i am assuming Carvalho would be available on a free, and a player/coach..

As defenders go imho Dawson would only be behind Gallas and even that considering Gallas' age may not be the case. Think it is too early to write him off in AVB's plans. He has not played competitive football for a long time neither has Hudd. I think the press are reading too much into his and Hudd's Sat ommision. At least I hope so!

Don't think anyone else posted an update on this...
That @pthfcning revealed that the Bundesliga player in question was in fact Lewandowski.

Like I said, I couldn't believe we'd be in for him, so I'll reserve judgment until I see something more definitive. Let's see which papers pick up on this rumor and run with it (claiming announcement won't be made until dortmund find a replacement :ross:).

@Agent_ITK is saying we're in for Bent. I'm about to tell him to get bent.

Marcus?

He could do a job. He's no Dean Whitehead, but could do a job.

Hope AVB has learnt from his Chelsea experience not to bin previously consistent players before he has given them chance. Single minded is good but pragmatic is better!

I think some of you are getting too nostalgic and carried away. If the Dawson and Hudd rumours are true it isn't the end of the world. Both of them have gone quite some time without playing regular football and naturally add that and a new regime it is quite easy to see how they could fall down the pecking order.

Add to that selling them now at a good age - then it's within everyone's interest to cash in now. I will be very gutted though.

I think some of you are getting too nostalgic and carried away. If the Dawson and Hudd rumours are true it isn't the end of the world. Both of them have gone quite some time without playing regular football and naturally add that and a new regime it is quite easy to see how they could fall down the pecking order.

Its not about being nostalgic although I do like daws in particular. Both players have performed consistently well for Spurs. AVB has been at theclub five minutes as I said being single minded is great but it din't work for him at Chelsea and I would rather he gave players a proper chance before getting rid.

I think Dawson may be heading for the exit based on his lack of pace. AVB likes to play a high line and therefore needs the centre backs to be quick off the draw. Hid spell at Chelsea didn't work due to Terry being as slow as a racist. The Arsenal home game highlighted this.

Dawson doesn't have pace or acceleration in abundance. If he does go, I for one will be gutted. One of my favourite players, he loves the club and the fans.

It's strange him being linked with a move away as in the pre season AVB was mentioning he will sit down with Ledley and Daws to see who they think should be captain, as they were the most respected players in the dressing room

@ITK_Gossip

@Agent_ITK *Modric replacement will be out of the blue.

Also had a tweet up yesterday claiming Ade will be done Wednesday -Thursday at the latest but seems to have deleted it.

Back