• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Outs...

Toby
Llorente
Vincent
sissoko
Possibly Rose but I don’t see him being wanted now by the clubs he thought would want him

What I’d like
Sessegnon
Maddison
Maguire
Brereton

Yes their all English and yes their all young but that’s a model that works for us

Do we want Bale?

Moura, Kane, Dele, Lamela, Bale and Son for the front three positions would be a mouth watering prospect.

I can't see all these changes in one time, especially in a world cup year. Ok
Alder
GNK
Vincent

But the others would be too much, but I would love to add sissoko if we could get like 20M for him.

I’d love him on the right terms brand it would be a statement signing but I just don’t see him being available for the money we would want to pay for him

Im still on the fence with this one.

On one hand, Bale, duh...

Superb player, massive statement, match winner/difference maker.

On the other...

Getting past his peak, permanently injured, EXPENSIVE, and in a position we have players developing in exciting ways already...

Im still on the fence with this one.

On one hand, Bale, duh...

Superb player, massive statement, match winner/difference maker.

On the other...

Getting past his peak, permanently injured, EXPENSIVE, and in a position we have players developing in exciting ways already...

It’s the cost thing that’s the issue for me

I also worry how he may help or hinder development of others

It’s the cost thing that’s the issue for me

I also worry how he may help or hinder development of others

Same here.

I generally subscribe to the "If Levy is willing to pay then its fine" philosophy, but Bale would be HUGE money - on a player already known to not be reliable, and as you say could impede other players development.

Its not really a Spurs move, is it? I grinds against our working model.

Same here.

I generally subscribe to the "If Levy is willing to pay then its fine" philosophy, but Bale would be HUGE money - on a player already known to not be reliable, and as you say could impede other players development.

Its not really a Spurs move, is it? I grinds against our working model.

Hence why I said earlier I want young talent that will grow with the team like Sanchez has/is. Even if they cost a packet

I would love Bale here - if we are convinced we could keep him fit he would be a beast of a signing (big if) - whenever he has stayed fit for Real Madrid he has been quality.

I know pace is a big part of his game but he is not as one dimensional as that (played everywhere for Wales in the Euros) - I love his thunderbastard winners.

Loved Bale's time at Spurs but I think that should stay in the past. For his final season or so with us our tactics were to get the ball to Bale and he'd do the rest - things would have to be very different if he came back. Far too expensive relative to the risk
Well its not like Real Madrid's tactics are to just give the ball to Bale was it? Yet he has a good record there, just been his injuries holding him back....

Bale?

Reminds me of when we brought back Hoddle as a coach.

Hoddle was about the most exciting young coach in the game at that time. It was only his off-field issues that were a black mark against him. He'd been very successful with Swindon, Chelsea and England

It would actually more be like Hoddle bringing back Sheringham, or Redknapp bringing back Keane.

Out :

Llorente
Sissoko
Toby
Rose
Vorm

In :

Sessengon
Young Keeper to play 2nd fiddle ... Prinz or Svilar
Young Striker ... Moussa Dembele ? Emre Mor ? Isak ?

I think we have a good squad and could raise £100 mil and then outlay £50 on decent future talents.

Well its not like Real Madrid's tactics are to just give the ball to Bale was it? Yet he has a good record there, just been his injuries holding him back....

No, you're right, and the only way or proving or disproving this would be if he were to return. However we're a smaller club than Real and it wouldnt be unexpected if he came back and felt that he was a bigger fish in a smaller pond compared to Real....and therefore felt like it was before he left where we just gave him the ball. One of our strengths is playing as a team and, as above, I'm not clear that given the cost its worth the gamble that he's upset that

Hoddle was about the most exciting young coach in the game at that time. It was only his off-field issues that were a black mark against him. He'd been very successful with Swindon, Chelsea and England.

Yes he was, and Bale is still a very good player. But both fairytales was/is end up in saidness when they returned to Spurs. It is like fallin in love with an old girlfriend again, just becase she is still beautiful.

Back