• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

If Rose goes to United, the one I would like to see us get from them is Mata. He would take a lot of pressure off Eriksen in the creative department (possibly allowing him to drop deeper), he is a brilliant technical player, a great passer with a good engine and an eye for goal too. Would he now be considered home grown? I think we need some experience in our midfield and he would certainly tick that box.....and Mou doesn't appear too keen on him. Would potentially be great for us.

A really good player but I don't think that he has the work rate to succeed in a side which presses.

A really good player but I don't think that he has the work rate to succeed in a side which presses.

But we haven’t really pressed like dervishes this season. Mata’s artistry makes up for any other deficiencies imo and anyway I don’t perceive him as exactly work shy ala Ozil.

But we haven’t really pressed like dervishes this season. Mata’s artistry makes up for any other deficiencies imo and anyway I don’t perceive him as exactly work shy ala Ozil.

The press has evolved but we are still a pressing team and defend from the front as a unit. I'd agree that he is not as work shy as Ozil but he is still not cut out to close down from the front. I like him as a player but I think that he would be a bad fit for us under Poch. He would've been perfect for Redknapp.

Tend to agree with this, Mata is a top player but i am not sure his work rate is the best. Jose sold him at Chelski and one of the reasons was his perceived lack of closing down. I know he bought him for Utd but it seems he still has doubts about his ability to do that.

Just to chime in, but Mata is a free role attacking player. Does not fit the current system, nor has the talent to warrant shifting anyone in our team to accommodate him. Dare I say sissoko is more suitable to the way we are currently set up then Mata ever will.

Tend to agree with this, Mata is a top player but i am not sure his work rate is the best. Jose sold him at Chelski and one of the reasons was his perceived lack of closing down. I know he bought him for Utd but it seems he still has doubts about his ability to do that.

He inherited Mata at United, didn't he?

I thought so too

Yeah, Moyes signed him.

I do like Zaha but I don't know what he offers that Moura doesn't, they are little different in style but would give us the same benefits. I've been very impressed with Moura when he's come on. Hope he starts tomorrow.

Think we should actually go to Ajax and ask them if we can do an unofficial feeder club type of deal where by we get first dibs on their players. I like De Jong and De Ligt as well, Dolberg looks handy.

They all play in a style of play to what we like to do. I even wanted to get an Ajax inspired replica shirt that was doing the rounds on here a few months ago.
How much is Ajax the club worth?

Probably be better just to buy the club in the long run.

Yeah, Moyes signed him.

I do like Zaha but I don't know what he offers that Moura doesn't, they are little different in style but would give us the same benefits. I've been very impressed with Moura when he's come on. Hope he starts tomorrow.

Zaha is a lot stronger and more direct than Moura.

The more I watch of Jack Grealish the more I like - he would add creativity to our CM in abundance. If Villa didn’t get promoted I’d definitely bid for him....

I think Grealish could be a very good player when he grows up, but he's too much of a gamble and needs to show what he can do at the next level.

Back