• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Outs = Sissoko, Llorente
Ins = Sessegnon, Brereton
That would do me.

Agree with the outs, ins need more

We have to get a player at least capable of playing an Erikson type role, time to go look in Croatia or Ajax again ...
Backup striker still a problem, I'd go for mid level, experience with intelligence and mobility (doesn't even need to be prolific, just smart, mobile and hard working), Brereton and most of our academy still seem a year or two away.

Outs = Sissoko, Llorent, Aurier, Vorm.

IN = Sessegnon, Brereton, promote KWP and I would go for another attacking midfielder

Would not be averse to selling Lamela if we could get an upgrade on him.

Onomah needs a prem loan next season and some of our younger youth players need championship loans, like Sterling, 0-B and Carter-Vickers and Edwards could do with another year in the Championship as well.

Outs = Sissoko, Llorent, Aurier, Vorm.

IN = Sessegnon, Brereton, promote KWP and I would go for another attacking midfielder

Would not be averse to selling Lamela if we could get an upgrade on him.

Onomah needs a prem loan next season and some of our younger youth players need championship loans, like Sterling, 0-B and Carter-Vickers and Edwards could do with another year in the Championship as well.

I doubt Aurier is going even though you hate him :). Poch will give him one more season at least.

Agree with the outs, ins need more

We have to get a player at least capable of playing an Erikson type role, time to go look in Croatia or Ajax again ...
Backup striker still a problem, I'd go for mid level, experience with intelligence and mobility (doesn't even need to be prolific, just smart, mobile and hard working), Brereton and most of our academy still seem a year or two away.
I'd say they hate us in Ajax :eek:. I was hoping Edwards would be the Eriksen understudy but I'm not sure with the injuries he's had if he is ready yet, or frankly if he ever will be.

Brereton looks ready enough for me from what I have seen. He is raw but has massive potential and will likely bide his time on the bench and learn off Kane.

Sessegnon is one that get's me excited more than any other. He has that Bale thing going and has a knack of scoring.

I'd say they hate us in Ajax :eek:. I was hoping Edwards would be the Eriksen understudy but I'm not sure with the injuries he's had if he is ready yet, or frankly if he ever will be.

Not sure, their accountants probably like us, and we do take care of their players :)

Think we need to move on from Edwards at this point ..

Not sure, their accountants probably like us, and we do take care of their players :)

Think we need to move on from Edwards at this point ..
That's probably true but I can imagine their fans are getting a bit sick of us. They are practically a feeder club now!

I was with a few Ajax boys this weekend at the game. They don't hate us, actually enjoy watching their ex players tearing it up.

They actually still love us from the feyenoord stuff.

Venting their frustration at the shareholders.

Sheffield Wednesday look set to lose highly-rated midfield ace Sean Clare this summer, TEAMtalk can reveal.

The 21-year-old has just been promoted into the first-team by new Owls boss Jos Luhukay, after he impressed in training and he has done well for the South Yorkshire side.

Clare has spent much of the last two seasons out on loan with Bury, Accrington and Gillingham but he has now been given his first-team chance at Hillsborough.

However, a host of clubs are already chasing Clare and we can reveal that Tottenham, Everton Southampton, Leicester, Norwich and Sunderland are all keen on Clare – whose contract expires in this summer.

Clare has thus far spurned Wednesday’s offers of a new deal, but they are now working hard on persuading the London-born midfielder to sign fresh terms – rather than lose him for nothing.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-tottenham-everton-chasing-sheff-wed-midfield-star

On the issue of Sessegnon playing further up the pitch at Fulham, surely he or his agent would notice that playing as a wing back for Poch essentially means you spend 70% of your time in the opponent's half?

Rose was in demand last summer, but right now he's not looking like the same player. UTD may come calling again, but I'm not so sure.

With regards to the Reus rumour; I don't see where he fits in the starting XI unless Poch is planning to go 433 like Emirates Marketing Project next season. Moura, Son, Lamela and Reus rotating in the wide positions would be amazing in that situation, however I think Poch likes us having a strong two in front of the defence. If we keep Dembele in this form for next season, there is no way we could afford to play differently. Dembele just draws players out of position which creates space for the rest to operate in, his role is essential to how we play.

Back