• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

A scorer of great goals, not a great goalscorer. More Eriksen than Alli in that sense

Probably cheaper then Maddison and a year or so behind in his development.

Can not believe the is an increasing number of spurs fans moaning about us not signing big money players, some people have no grasp of economics.

I do believe we should go down the path of selling fringe players promoting youth players to those positions and then using the money for proper proven talent. But I do not have a sense of entitlement that some of our fan base seem to have.

Seems Henrichs is being linked with a 31m move to Chelsea.

We could have got him for half that price last season instead of the donkey Aurier.

Not been happy with our transfers recently. Hope we sell Aurier and give walker peters a chance next season.

Griffiths would be a long way down the pecking order,(imo) not yet even having signed a pro contract.
To get first team playing time I imagine the player would have to have been training with the first team squad, and also be accepted by the first team players as being of a high enough level to play alongside.
It’s a big step up and introducing a player too early could be detrimental to their confidence and development.

The pre-season tour seems to be when Poch gives some of the promising youngsters a chance. Griffiths (assuming he signs with us rather than Leipzig) might be too young for that though this summer?
With most of our first team players recovering from the WC that shouldn't be a problem.

Regardless of what you think about Aurier, selling him now would be a bad piece of buisness.

Oh yes absolutely lets give him another year with his wages and costing us penalties and red cards. Oh and blocking the progress of a younger player who may or may not be good.

We as a club keep faith of shocking players when you need to admit to a mistake.

Some people never learn, its not a good idea to write off a player in their first season.....

Yes sissoko has proved me wrong this season....

Aurier goes into tackles in a reckless manner, rushes in to players in the box and cant take a throwin for a player with 10 years coaching and the price we paid that is mental.

Yes sissoko has proved me wrong this season....

Aurier goes into tackles in a reckless manner, rushes in to players in the box and cant take a throwin for a player with 10 years coaching and the price we paid that is mental.
Not that I think Sissoko has been bad this season, but even if you dont rate the guy he has improved this season compared to his first. As is with almost all players under Poch. Aurier has some bad habits but thankfully they are things that can be coached out of a player, and he has some great attibutes....

Oh yes absolutely lets give him another year with his wages and costing us penalties and red cards. Oh and blocking the progress of a younger player who may or may not be good.

We as a club keep faith of shocking players when you need to admit to a mistake.

Are you hovering around on Spurs official facebook account? Becasue you definitely sounds like one of them with zero amount of patience. Running a football club is not the same as throwing away a newly bought shirt that didn't look good at the party last Saturday.

Regardless of what you think about Aurier, selling him now would be a bad piece of buisness.
I think the bad piece of business was signing him in the first place. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but whereas players like Sissoko looked limited in their ability Aurier is an absolute liability whenever he plays.

I think the bad piece of business was signing him in the first place. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but whereas players like Sissoko looked limited in their ability Aurier is an absolute liability whenever he plays.

You might be right, but that dosen't make it any good business to sell him now.

He's had plenty of games where he hasn't been a liability it's just the mistakes he has made have been punished which means they stick in the mind more, personally id say I've seen a lot more from Aurier this season than i did from Sissoko in his first season.

Are you hovering around on Spurs official facebook account? Becasue you definitely sounds like one of them with zero amount of patience. Running a football club is not the same as throwing away a newly bought shirt that didn't look good at the party last Saturday.

I dont have and have never had facebook.

But we do not need a newly brought shirt we need to get one that is already in the closet and where it, while selling the new shirt on ebay and putting the money towards a quality shirt.

Not that I think Sissoko has been bad this season, but even if you dont rate the guy he has improved this season compared to his first. As is with almost all players under Poch. Aurier has some bad habits but thankfully they are things that can be coached out of a player, and he has some great attibutes....

No Sissoko has been bad.

It is just he has not been quite as bad as last season, but evaluate his performances on this season and he has been very limited and he is a poor player. The is the anti view where certain people like to always take an opposing view to accepted wisdom, it says a lot about their personality and their need to always try and be seen as more sophisticated or intelligent. When the truth is a crap footballer is a crap footballer.

Saw this http://sportslens.com/tottenham-eme...ookies-to-sign-celtics-kieran-tierney/231738/

Is he GHod bad or indifferent never watched him play and is he scottish;)?
Thought they stopped playing football up there about 20 years back.

I haven't seen him too much, but he's meant to be brilliant. I do know that he's a great athlete — more in the Rose/Walker mold than the Trips/Davies one — and at just 20 years old, Poch should be able to develop him into a great LB. Would be the perfect competition for Davies, and it'd allow us to move Danny on if United or whoever is still interested.

Also, I think Aurier is gonna be great next season. Never judge players before they get a Poch preseason, and I think Aurier has all the tools to be a perfect Poch fullback.

Back