• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Who woulda thunk it 15 years ago that China would be the source of ridiculous transfer fees and where aging players would go for a final massive payday.

Should see if we can flog and of Sissoko, Llorente or Janssen there as well. Dembele is a top player, but €60m at his age and fragile body?!?

Saw something about a penalty tax on Chinese clubs, so it could be more like a €30 deal with €30 tax.

The little I saw on youtube suggested Dembele-like

Strong, dribbles, draws players in. Looks more useful in the final third, probably a better passer - but clearly young and raw

Hardly exhaustive, but that was the impression I got

Maddison has said some controversial things online in the past about Spurs. He said he didnt like us, we played Livetpool and he hoped Suarez would destroy us, called Bale a monkey and chimpanzee, said he hated Bale with a passion and thought Wheelchair was 10x the player

Nice lad:rolleyes:

well he can f right off then!

In that case let’s not bother and stick with Llorente as back up to Kane.

Maybe...but Poch seldom plays him and that maybe is why his performances for us have been flat also, a twin partnership with Harry might have worked if they were given the time..

Anyway we should have bought Vardy two seasons ago..too late now I would think.
Therefor the promised competent second striker we have been trying to get for the last 153 years still has not materialised!

Maybe...but Poch seldom plays him and that maybe is why his performances for us have been flat also, a twin partnership with Harry might have worked if they were given the time..

Anyway we should have bought Vardy two seasons ago..too late now I would think.
Therefor the promised competent second striker we have been trying to get for the last 153 years still has not materialised!
did you see how many touches Vardy had against Costa Rica - that is the Vardy we would have got as teams sit back against us (he turned Arsenal down that year too).

Vardy will be great for England when they are inevitably pinned back and need to play on the counter.

Its what he was built for, its why Leicester get such a good return out of him.

And also why he would have been a complete waste of time for us.

did you see how many touches Vardy had against Costa Rica - that is the Vardy we would have got as teams sit back against us (he turned Arsenal down that year too).

well whoever we get, teams will sit back..sometimes they have to come out...
I doubt if Leicester would have won the Prem without him,that,s how good he was!

I can,t blame him for turning down arse..

he,s past his best now,but lets see how he plays this World cup.

It’s a shame Rashford is not up for grabs. I could see Moutinho doing a De Bruyne / Salah and letting him go but i feel Rashford stays due to how the fans rate him.

He would be the perfect second striker imo.

It’s a shame Rashford is not up for grabs. I could see Moutinho doing a De Bruyne / Salah and letting him go but i feel Rashford stays due to how the fans rate him.

He would be the perfect second striker imo.

The fans don't really rate him that much. He has pace, but very little game intelligence.

Vardy will be great for England when they are inevitably pinned back and need to play on the counter.

Its what he was built for, its why Leicester get such a good return out of him.

And also why he would have been a complete waste of time for us.

I thought that was the case with Darren Bent. Very effective for Charlton and Sunderland but was never as effective for us.

Back