• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Statistically Worst Strikers of All-Time!

Dicko

Edgar Davids
Was just reading how Vincent Pericard has retired at 30 to set up is own project that helps the foreign players adapt in England and prevent depression etc.. I remembered when he was at Juventus and was highly regarded, however according to his wiki stats he only ever scored around 23 goals!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Péricard

Now i don't know if he ever played on the wing etc but.....

...Is there another out and out striker around with worse career stats?

Last edited:
I remember when I was a kid reading Match or Shoot and they said that Roberto Rosario was the worst striker in Europe, statistically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rosario

I remember him scoring for Forest against us! :oops:

Edit - It gets worse! "Rosario made 10 Premier League appearances, scoring one goal, as Forest finished bottom of the Premier League and Clough retired as manager after 18 years"

So one goal.... against Tottenham! Dr Tottenham strikes again!

Last edited:
I would've thought Shola Ameobi had some pretty poor stats but 345 apps 73 goals isn't that bad

Alan Smith has 69 goals in 437 appearences. Although he did play part as a midfielder

Alan Smith has 69 goals in 437 appearences. Although he did play part as a midfielder

I wonder if he would've stayed a striker if he had stayed at Leeds and outlasted Viduka, Fowler, Kewell, Keane etc

Most as a midfielder, 1 maybe 2 years at most at Leeds as a striker and then about 6 months at Utd, the rest of his career was either RM or DM.

Complete waste of a very good striker.

Oooh, Pericard, I remember that name. Was he the bloke who played for Portsmouth and levered it over the bar from less than 1 yard out? :lol:

Was just reading how Vincent Pericard has retired at 30 to set up is own project that helps the foreign players adapt in England and prevent depression etc.. I remembered when he was at Juventus and was highly regarded, however according to his wiki stats he only ever scored around 23 goals!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Péricard

Now i don't know if he ever played on the wing etc but.....

...Is there another out and out striker around with worse career stats?

He was on Five Live this morning talking about how he retired due to depression - he couldn't sleep and became ill - all quite sad really

People would say to him "how can you be depressed, you're a footballer and rich" but all that doesn't matter when you're truly depressed

He was on Five Live this morning talking about how he retired due to depression - he couldn't sleep and became ill - all quite sad really

People would say to him "how can you be depressed, you're a footballer and rich" but all that doesn't matter when you're truly depressed

Rubbish. IMO not a dig at you.

Agreed. Its stupid to dismiss depression as it is a well established clinical condition. It's true that some people use the claim of depression as an excuse and that there is an industry abusing the the condition (cf. Hollywood) but its a very serious condition for those genuinely affected. The story of a German goalkeeper comes to mind.

From a soccernet piece about transferring spurs players into your fantasy league teams...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1180099/fantasy-focus:-earning-your-spurs?cc=5739

Defoe has so far scored four Premier League goals in six appearances, with only Demba Ba, Robin van Persie, Steven Fletcher and Luis Suarez ahead of him in the scoring charts. Taking into account the chances he has missed, Defoe could easily lead the pack.

If you look at the shots to goals ratio for the players at the top of the scoring charts it shows Defoe needs the most attempts on goal to get on the scoresheet and only Suarez comes remotely close to that ratio.

However I can top the lot.

For two years I played Sunday league for a team when they were struggling for players. Every game they put me up front. I scored one solitary goal in two seasons. I'm ashamed to admit that even that was a shot that hit my shoulder and deflected in.

Stats eh. What about Torres, pounds spent per goal scored over the last hundred games will be some sort of inflation adjusted peak.

And he contributes hardly anything else and his teams have been setup to help make him shine.

Back