• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stadium Thread

Well one would assume that material costs should be reasonably identical for the two projects? Labour costs would have course be higher here in the UK with our minimum wage laws, I don't think they have anything similar in Spain? When I spoke about emulating the project however, I meant more in terms of the way that they built the new stadium and opened it before it was complete, in a similar manner to our initial proposal. I remember reading something from Levy about there not being enough certainty about constructing a project in this way to achieve the funding required, I would therefore like to know the differences between our initial proposal and the construction that Bilbao completed.

Probably some difference in material costs too. Almost certain Spain have a minimum wage law, but obviously lower. Buying up land etc also quite likely more expensive for us. Less likely that a local business is going to go into "hell no" mode the way Archway did when it's Bilbao.

Don't know the differences exactly, but one of the issues might be the space available. To be able to move earlier you would need to move the stadium further to be able to complete enough of it to make a move possible?

I trust Levy to have done his research on stuff like this...

CD2zTVhWAAAojo9.jpg

Man, I can't wait to see some concrete and steel beams going up behind WHL.

Some more photos of the construction progress up at Anfield, pilfered from SSC.

The new stand (which will increase the seating capacity from 45,000 to 53,500 plus swell their matchday revenue by about £20million per year) is due for completion in time for the start of 2016/17 season.

uhJj49s.jpg

Uuv6AiX.jpg

CDRYayiWYAA99Sd.jpg:large

Last edited:

A club statement read: “A year ago a study of the area from Fulham Broadway to Stamford Bridge and beyond was commissioned by Chelsea Football Club owner Roman Abramovich to examine the potential of upgrading the streetscape.

“The study also began to assess the feasibility of an expansion of the stadium capacity within the existing historical site boundary, based on the principles of improving site access, benefiting the neighbourhood and enhancing the spectator experience.

“Mr Abramovich has appointed a professional team to assess, in more detail, the feasibility of expanding the existing stadium capacity at Stamford Bridge Grounds.

“The process now enters a further local consultation phase. This will include an explanation of the rationale for expansion, driven by spectator demand for more seats and the need to increase stadium revenue to remain competitive with our major rivals, this revenue being especially important under Financial Fair Play rules.

“Technical solutions for stadium capacity expansion are being investigated initially. This stage of the consultation will focus at present on discussing the rationale and technical solutions for expansion with residents and match-going spectators.

“Local stakeholders, neighbours, season ticket holders and club members will be invited to comment on the potential expansion. This feedback, which to date has assisted our progress in earlier stages, will continue to inform the next stage of the study.”

Back