• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stadium Thread

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65308511

Etihad Stadium: Emirates Marketing Project submit £300m plan to increase capacity to 60,000

....Proposals include a sky bar overlooking the pitch and a stadium roof walk experience......The club say the project would create a "best-in-class fan experience and year-round entertainment and leisure destination"......hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Etihad Stadium: Emirates Marketing Project submit £300m plan to increase capacity to 60,000

....Proposals include a sky bar overlooking the pitch and a stadium roof walk experience......The club say the project would create a "best-in-class fan experience and year-round entertainment and leisure destination"......hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Bet not a single media outlet mentions the similarity of the infrastructure project there with Spurs

It is just a way of them cooking the books. Spend 300m to increase revenue by 10 but they will put through 30m.

With the money involved in football the needs to be independent auditors.

Real question (not bricking on a design I have no idea about), is it possible to build a 112K where all the seats are at least decent and you meet safety standards?

I'll go dig it up, there was a video on limits of stadium seating a while back.
Don't know about the Boca design but Barca's redevelopment of The Camp Nou is going to be 105,000 and I would have thought they'd have factored in good quality sight lines.
Maybe 105,000 is the limit?

Doubt it
The only massive ground I’ve ever seen and been too with good sight lines is the berneabue
Nou camp is awful if your high by the way
Hmm interesting. I went to the Estadio Da Luz back before the rebuild when it held 120,000 and the sight lines were great. Simon Inglis had a chapter in Football Grounds of Europe all about optimal sight lines I'll see if I can find it.

Hmm interesting. I went to the Estadio Da Luz back before the rebuild when it held 120,000 and the sight lines were great. Simon Inglis had a chapter in Football Grounds of Europe all about optimal sight lines I'll see if I can find it.
I think the point is, nowadays new stadia need a certain width of seat AND width for leg space AND shallow angle of stands, thus it is hard to give good sight lines.

Of course you can get good views if everyone is jammed in 1 foot apart on a 60 degree slope.

Can’t comment on that
But I saw us play at Nou camp and it was poor

Puskas Arena is class. Like an intimate Wembley with concourses both along the outer perimeter and just behind the seats in the lower tier. Probably more on the upper tiers. Bars everywhere on both sides.

I think the point is, nowadays new stadia need a certain width of seat AND width for leg space AND shallow angle of stands, thus it is hard to give good sight lines.

Of course you can get good views if everyone is jammed in 1 foot apart on a 60 degree slope.
Estadio Du Luz was bench seating back in the late 80s which obviously meant they could cram then in.

There were plenty of our fans in there

Not too many. Or at least they kept quiet. You couldn't buy tickets at the stadium if you were british (had to show your passport). Luckily i found a tourist place that sold them. Some people got their hotel to buy them.

Real question (not bricking on a design I have no idea about), is it possible to build a 112K where all the seats are at least decent and you meet safety standards?

I'll go dig it up, there was a video on limits of stadium seating a while back.
Sight LINES aren't an issue, you just get a massive footprint, and thus very long distance from the top row to the pitch. I've sat at the back row at our stadium in the west stand, virtually on the half way line. Decent view, but I would not have liked to be a further 20 meters higher and 25-30 meters further back! That's pretty much what you'd get if you added 50k seats!
It's that or stands with massive overhangs over the stand below, which will result in a "letter box" view for the lower stands.

Back