• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs & Jews

I work with a couple Jewish lads who have no clue about 'soccer.' The moment they found out Tottenham is the Yid Army, orders were made and Tottenham kits were in the post.

I find the word Arsenal DEEPLY offensive (hence my need to change it at any opportunity to a much more jolly ArseAnal) doesn't stop the whole of fudging football using it though, does it?

But to some people it is, depending on the context it is used in. I am Jewish and don't take offence at the Yid army chants at all, however if some one were to describe me as a 'dirty Yid' or some such phrase, then I think I've got every reason to take issue with that.

I see where your going with that, but it is not the yid word it is the word before it dirty, unless you work in a skip then the is no need for that so sure that would be offensive because there calling you dirty. I think it just requires common sense.

When cheslea sing the yid songs then sure i can see the offensive side to it but when we do it people like me who are kind of catholic(don't really belive) sing yid army then it is not at that baddiel prick can go fudge himself.

I see where your going with that, but it is not the yid word it is the word before it dirty, unless you work in a skip then the is no need for that so sure that would be offensive because there calling you dirty. I think it just requires common sense.

When cheslea sing the yid songs then sure i can see the offensive side to it but when we do it people like me who are kind of catholic(don't really belive) sing yid army then it is not at that baddiel prick can go fudge himself.

I see your point Chich( are we still allowed to call you that?) I must admit there have been occasions when I've been surrounded at WHL and elsewhere by Tottenham fans of all hues of all religions and ethnicity's bellowing Yid Army and I find it hilarious. Chelsea make them selves look entirely foolish firstly by their pathetic racism and antisemitism , and secondly the fact that they still chant that stuff when they have a Jewish chairmen and directors and wre recently managed by an Israeli.

Badiel is just a nob, pure and simple and I really can't see what he is hoping to achieve by his rather odd campaign, if it were up to people like him we'd probably all have to sit and watch matches in silence.Like they do at ArseAnal

Language and politeness are evolving concepts. We will be embarrassed by the use of the words yids. If you are a Jew, of course you are entitled to reclaim anti-semitic words as a term of empowerment. But non-Jews using the term? As wrong as someone who is not black using the term nigger.

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

How, on the one hand, can you (rightly) point out that language evolves and then, on the other, (wrongly) argue that Spurs fans shouldn't use a word that, in the context of Spurs, now means something completely different to what it meant in its original context?

When Spurs fans say or sing "yids" or "yiddos" these days, they are referring to Spurs fans or Spurs players and officials. Nothing else.

Therefore, they have every right to use the word as freely and as often as they wish.

I see your point Chich( are we still allowed to call you that?) I must admit there have been occasions when I've been surrounded at WHL and elsewhere by Tottenham fans of all hues of all religions and ethnicity's bellowing Yid Army and I find it hilarious. Chelsea make them selves look entirely foolish firstly by their pathetic racism and antisemitism , and secondly the fact that they still chant that stuff when they have a Jewish chairmen and directors and wre recently managed by an Israeli.

Badiel is just a nob, pure and simple and I really can't see what he is hoping to achieve by his rather odd campaign, if it were up to people like him we'd probably all have to sit and watch matches in silence.Like they do at ArseAnal

Yep you can still call me that mate.

Badiel is a nob maybe we should start a campaign to get rid of him get rid of in the ganster meaning as well.

every Israeli i have discussed this topic with (even ones who are fans of Arsenal/Chelsea) seem genuinely impressed/happy with the whole Tottenham/Jewish/Yid Army thing - haven't had one bit of negative feedback

Last edited:
There are some people in this world who chose to be 'offended' as it gets them noticed; makes them feel superior.

Personally, as long as I know my genuine intention wasn't to be offensive, then I honestly couldn't give a flying fudge for those whom I describe above. End of the day, you can't go around apologising 24 hours a day to every prat who thinks they're due one.

I'm a Spurs fan, we're known as the Yid Army - if anyone is 'offended' by that, you can go and suck my big one.

On this topic sort of anyway. I got told by my sister who works as a solictor that being offensive is how someone takes it, so even if a person saying something does not mean it in an offensive way it does not matter if the person on the receiving end takes it offensively.

So from what i can understand if someone says to me "oh you taco don't put it there but over there" now bearing in mind i work as a locksmith and part time cabbie and spent years on a building site so work with people who talk in looser terms. Then really i could find offence with a lot of little things.

I think the rules need to be made clearer, with the word nigger we all know it is wrong so do not use it. Things can not be left to peoples opinon of things, the has to be clear rules and guidlines. Yid is not an offensive word so people can not lay the claim that they find it offensive. We all know the words that are and we do not use them for that reason.

Nothing to do with the law and we don't need rules on what is and isn't offensive. And what else could that come down to except opinion anyway? You can look at the history of the words but that doesn't mean it applies now. It is just about good manners. If someone told you that they didn't like being called by something, you wouldn't carry on saying it, would you? Unless you wanted to antagonise them.

Nothing to do with the law and we don't need rules on what is and isn't offensive. And what else could that come down to except opinion anyway? You can look at the history of the words but that doesn't mean it applies now. It is just about good manners. If someone told you that they didn't like being called by something, you wouldn't carry on saying it, would you? Unless you wanted to antagonise them.

Depends whether you feel you have to moderate yourself on the whims of others.

I don't. If I've not set out to intentionally offend someone, then that's good enough for me.

There are some people in this world who chose to be 'offended' as it gets them noticed; makes them feel superior.

Personally, as long as I know my genuine intention wasn't to be offensive, then I honestly couldn't give a flying fudge for those whom I describe above. End of the day, you can't go around apologising 24 hours a day to every prat who thinks they're due one.

I'm a Spurs fan, we're known as the Yid Army - if anyone is 'offended' by that, you can go and suck my big one.

This is fair enough but what I can't stand are the people who say this but then bleat when the consquences of what they say lead to a reaction. The far-right are the classic example. Forever antagonising and insulting certain sections of the population. Then they complain when they get their heads kicked in. I mean, you wouldn't expect to go up and call every 2nd person in the street a **** and at some stage not expect someone to react, at some stage. It is not right but that is the way it is.

To start I'd just like to say a happy Yom Ha'atzmaut to IsraYid.

Yes I'm Jewish, brought up with the word Yid. I learnt the word Yid and Yiddo before I even knew what it meant. My dad didn't like it but my brother would always sing it.

To my non-Jewish, fellow Yids, I would just like to say THANK YOU, in uniting with me and every other Jewish Spurs fan to deflect this anti-Semitic abuse from that team going to Germany next month. Hope they learn a lesson or two from there.

To those who say some people find it offensive: the only Spurs fan I know that finds it offensive is my dad, and he isn't really that in to football. If you're a Jewish football supporter and you know the history of the term, you wouldn't condemn it. Not one of my mates find it offensive.

YID ARMY

Depends whether you feel you have to moderate yourself on the whims of others.

I don't. If I've not set out to intentionally offend someone, then that's good enough for me.

Well you've gotta call a spade a spade sometimes. No doubt about that. You can't avoid giving offence in some circumstance but in others you can. What do good manners cost? If someone queue jumps, don't complain if you do it too! Golden rule innit. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Not "I do what I like and if someone doesn't like it.... they can suck on my big one". :)

This is fair enough but what I can't stand are the people who say this but then bleat when the consquences of what they say lead to a reaction. The far-right are the classic example. Forever antagonising and insulting certain sections of the population. Then they complain when they get their heads kicked in. I mean, you wouldn't expect to go up and call every 2nd person in the street a **** and at some stage not expect someone to react, at some stage. It is not right but that is the way it is.

Bit of a strawman there.

It's about delivery isn't it; context and tone. If I'm screaming in someone's face that they're a fudging coon or whatever, then yeah - I'm gonna get my gonad*s rightly smashed in. It's because, in that situation, I'm intentionally being offensive and aggressive - the reaction I'd get would be consequential: cause and effect.

If however, I'm chanting 'Yid Army!' in celebration amongst brothers; black, white, green, purple, jew, muslim, martian - whaaaaaatever you want - then who the fudge gives anyone the right to come up to me, jump up on their high horse and start claiming 'offence'? I make no bones about it: I'm going to tell him to kindly go and fudge themselves.

I just don't have any time whatsoever for people in this world who are so obsessed about their own self-importance; it really IS this desire for them to feel that they're in some way superior, and that you must pander to their every whim. Well I don't: fudge off, grow a pair. Not on this planet to moderate myself around every prat who thinks more of themselves than they actually are.

Well you've gotta call a spade a spade sometimes. No doubt about that. You can't avoid giving offence in some circumstance but in others you can. What do good manners cost? If someone queue jumps, don't complain if you do it too! Golden rule innit. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Not "I do what I like and if someone doesn't like it.... they can suck on my big one". :)

My friend, my manners are immaculate - of that I can assure you. I think you're stretching it a bit, to suggest that - should I chose not to pander to everyones' little whim - then I'm lacking in decorum.

You're full of strawmans I see. I've articulated my viewpoint, and it's not as simplistic as 'I do what I like'. It's about whether you go out of your way to offend someone or not - that's not 'doing what I like', which is a carefree attitude.

If I wanted to fudge someone off or offended them, then I know how. But it's about whether I have an intention or not to go and do that - which is hardly living your life in a carefree manner, which is what your strawman suggests.

Got me thinking...can't we rename the forum Spurs News & Jews or Spurs Jews & Views or Spurs Jews & Jews? You choose... \o/

My friend, my manners are immaculate - of that I can assure you. I think you're stretching it a bit, to suggest that - should I chose not to pander to everyones' little whim - then I'm lacking in decorum.

You're full of strawmans I see. I've articulated my viewpoint, and it's not as simplistic as 'I do what I like'. It's about whether you go out of your way to offend someone or not - that's not 'doing what I like', which is a carefree attitude.

If I wanted to fudge someone off or offended them, then I know how. But it's about whether I have an intention or not to go and do that - which is hardly living your life in a carefree manner, which is what your strawman suggests.

Loads of people do stuff that don't think is offensive but others do. For example, that Palace fan who got battered by Cantona says he didn't think he shouted anything offensive at him. Naturally Cantona didn't agree. A heated disagreement ensued! That is life. As I said, if you feel you have to call a spade a spade or you think someone else complaint is just a little whim and they just want to feel self-importance then of course you will carry on but it doesn't neccessarily mean your interpretation of this is the right one.

Last edited:
Back