• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs first 11 from past 10 years.

Interesting that most people have picked BAE at left back yet he's still actually our player and isn't even training with the team.

Makes you wonder what went on.

Has to be something to do with that quenelle thing, doesn't it? He's been playing poorly for a while and injured for a bit too but a player still under contract and not even training with the team means a non-football matter I would think.

Lloris
Ćorluka Woodgate King BAE
Carrick Modrić
Lennon Davids Bale
Berbatov​

Subs: Robinson Naybet Walker Mendes Sandro VdV Keane

Manager: Jol

based on their best seasons for us:

-------------------lloris
walker------kaboul----king----ekotto
--------------carrick---modric
---lennon--------bale-------eriksen
------------------berbatov

subs: friedel, dawson, sandro, hudd, vdv, keane, adebayor.

Was tough to fill the left midfield/attack role, as I'm putting Bale in the free-role he excelled in under AVB. I've given Eriksen the nod, as he was very dangerous from the left side last season. Lennon down the right -- I did want to put VdV in the team, but he played his best football in that Bale position. Bale is the first name on the sheet, so VdV is among the subs.

Ade ahead of Defoe???

4-4-2 Diamond

Lloris

Corluka King Dawson BAE

Modric
Lennon Bale

VDV

Berbs Keane

Manager : Redknapp

Last edited:
Hugo LLORIS
Jonathan WOODGATE Ledley KING Jan VERTONGHEN
Kyle WALKER----------------------------------------------Gareth BALE
Luka MODRIC Scott PARKER
Rafael VAN DER VAART
Dimitar BERBATOV Robbie KEANE

BENCH Gomes, Corluka, Assou-Ekotto, Carrick, Lennon, Eriksen, Adebayor​

--------------------Lloris--------------------

---Walker----Woodgate----King----BAE---

---------------Carrick----Modric------------

--------Lennon------VDV-------Bale-------

-------------------Berbatov----------------

Huddelstone, really?

Huddlestone ? Lennon ?

Im stunned.

Interesting that most people have picked BAE at left back yet he's still actually our player and isn't even training with the team.

Makes you wonder what went on.

Do you guys get the idea that if you are picking a team over the last ten years etc then you are imagining these players at their prime? I mean, if we did an all time team, are you picturing 80 year old Jimmy Greaves in front of an exhumed Danny Blanchflower?

If you would prefer to pick a Spurs first 11 from the past 10 years on current form then I guess it's
- Lloris
- Walker? Naughton? Dier?
- Vertonghen? Kaboul? Fazio????
- x2

I mean, it's ridiculous. Bar Gareth Bale and Hugo Lloris there is NO-ONE you can pick!

Lennon might be misfiring now, but he is one of the three most significant players for us over the last ten years alongside King and Defoe.

My choice would be:

Gomes - 2009/10 season was faultless and unreal
Walker
King
Vertonghen
BAE
Lennon
Modric
VDV
Bale
Berbatov
Defoe

(You might argue that its too attack minded but I will motivate them to track back and fight until the bitter end and seeing as this is all theoretical you can do one.)

With players that played regularly and based on good/consistent form:

Lloris

Walker
King
Woodgate
BAE

Carrick
Modric

Bale
Dempsey
Lennon

Berbatov

Bench;
Robinson
Verts
Corluka
Davids
Malbranque
Keane
Defoe

After a poll from some members of GG here is the official THFC XI for the last 10 years;

GK Adebayor
RB Adebayor
LB Adebayor
CB Adebayor
CB Adebayor
RW Adebayor
LW Adebayor
CM Adebayor
CM Adebayor
ST Adebayor
ST Adebayor

Subs: Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebyor and Adebayor

Captain: Adebayor. Vice-Captain: Adebayor

Manager: Adebayor (If he is selected of course for interview)

Chairman: Adebayor

After a poll from some members of GG here is the official THFC XI for the last 10 years;

GK Adebayor
RB Adebayor
LB Adebayor
CB Adebayor
CB Adebayor
RW Adebayor
LW Adebayor
CM Adebayor
CM Adebayor
ST Adebayor
ST Adebayor

Subs: Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebayor, Adebyor and Adebayor

Captain: Adebayor. Vice-Captain: Adebayor

Manager: Adebayor (If he is selected of course for interview)

Chairman: Adebayor

:ross:

--------------------Gomes--------------------

---Walker----Dawson----King-----BAE---

-------------------Berbatov---------------

In hindsight, I'd have to squeeze Davids into my team, maybe nudging out Defoe.
We had six awesome months out of him, one good year all in all. But I would say we owe a lot to Davids, he was the start of the Modern Tottenham era.

Not seeing much Robbie Keane here, again before he went to Liverpool he was a HUGE player for us. Easy to forget how much we worshipped him.

Gomes, Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, Davids, Modric, Carrick, Bale, VDV, Lennon, King, Lloris. At one point or the other these guys were amongst the absolute top performers in the Premier League.

--------------------Gomes--------------------

---Walker----Dawson----King-----BAE---

-------------------Berbatov---------------

Interesting how close this is to the team that played in the CL.

Could Carrick and Berbatov have made a difference to see us give Madrid a sterner test?

In hindsight, I'd have to squeeze Davids into my team, maybe nudging out Defoe.
We had six awesome months out of him, one good year all in all. But I would say we owe a lot to Davids, he was the start of the Modern Tottenham era.

Not seeing much Robbie Keane here, again before he went to Liverpool he was a HUGE player for us. Easy to forget how much we worshipped him.

Gomes, Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, Davids, Modric, Carrick, Bale, VDV, Lennon, King, Lloris. At one point or the other these guys were amongst the absolute top performers in the Premier League.

Interesting how close this is to the team that played in the CL.

Could Carrick and Berbatov have made a difference to see us give Madrid a sterner test?

You HAVE to put Berba and Keane in the team. That PARTNERSHIP was just earth-shatteringly awesome. If we had that partnership in our current team we'd be title challengers. Unfortunately they had to play in front of Jenas and Zokora.

Lloris
Corluka - Woodgate - King - Vertonghen
Modric - Carrick - Davids
Bale
Berbatov - Keane

super sub: VDV

Back