• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Classic Photo Thread

bill_gates.jpeg

article-1157188-03B0C3DE000005DC-463_468x312.jpg

love that pic of Bill at the gates, also the one of Mackay and Bremner - probably the first two 'spurs' photos that spring to mind for me

On Saturday 14th May 1977 Spurs played Leicester City at home and lost 2-0. We finished bottom of the First Division table and were relegated along with Stoke City and Sunderland. Spurs fans invaded the directors box in the old West stand in a unified show of support for the team we all loved.

Scan054February252005.jpg

love that pic of Bill at the gates, also the one of Mackay and Bremner - probably the first two 'spurs' photos that spring to mind for me

Me too. It wasn't a surprise to see the Mackay one as the first posted, a bit of a surprise that the Bill gates one took so long.

Then again there are probably a load of posters here who were wondering why a picture of an old doorman was posted. :-"

Three admittedly world class players surrounding Gary Doherty. We were a bit brick back then

To have Adams and Keown surrounding him does that mean he was he playing up front this game... my GHod!! I have a sketchy memory of that period lol

PA-6477273.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur players Dave MacKay, goalkeeper Bill Brown, Jimmy Greaves and Terry Dyson (l to r) peer out into the fog in search of Manchester United players. [Photo: PA]
The match, a Uefa Cup Winner’s Cup first-round tie in 1963, was postponed because of poor visibility

Back