• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Brentford OMT

Yup, it's his ankles, they magically heal and he plays brilliant and then they somehow start causing him probs again and he's brick.
no he still plays brilliant but you don't see the stuff he used to do 3-4 years ago.
like cutting in abruptly with the ball on the inside of the foot
the thing that Trossard did to Dier in the Brighton game
he's too predictable these days

Something went wrong in the group after the villa game, players and manager thought we were over the line especially with fixtures we and the anal had coming up.

Mentally we eased off, people were allowed to fly around the world and back, the performances since the villa game have clearly been from a bunch who believed their own hype.

To top it all off the anal lucked out today and earlier in the week by getting to play chelsea reserves.

Ultimately though we only have ourselves to blame for the managerial mistakes made immediately after the villa game. You cannot go soft on this group of players.

If we have learned anything about this lot during the turbulent last 3 years it is exactly that.

.... and Doherty injured. He was the wildcard that wreaked havoc in the opposition's defence, even if on the opposite side to Royal. Sess and Reggie clearly are less capable than Doherty to Conte.

Something went wrong in the group after the villa game, players and manager thought we were over the line especially with fixtures we and the anal had coming up.

Mentally we eased off, people were allowed to fly around the world and back, the performances since the villa game have clearly been from a bunch who believed their own hype.

To top it all off the anal lucked out today and earlier in the week by getting to play chelsea reserves.

Ultimately though we only have ourselves to blame for the managerial mistakes made immediately after the villa game. You cannot go soft on this group of players.

If we have learned anything about this lot during the turbulent last 3 years it is exactly that.

Which group of players? There's only 3 left now from Poch's peak team

.... and Doherty injured. He was the wildcard that wreaked havoc in the opposition's defence, even if on the opposite side to Royal. Sess and Reggie clearly are less capable than Doherty to Conte.
I always feared enough wasn’t made about the loss of Doherty. Because of Contes insistence on playing wingbacks it really does hit us hard. Never thought I’d hear myself say this, but Dohertys injury more than anything else could cost us Champions League football….

I always feared enough wasn’t made about the loss of Doherty. Because of Contes insistence on playing wingbacks it really does hit us hard. Never thought I’d hear myself say this, but Dohertys injury more than anything else could cost us Champions League football….
I was thinking exactly that during the game. I really hope the players remember it was Matty Cash next season and preferably Cuti Romero.

At least we got a point.

We knew and were discussing on here, that we can be a bit flat in attack. Everyone ridiculed Kulu to RWB with Moura on, but that almost worked only a cynical foul stopping Moura from getting in. I think nerves played a part today. The pressure doesn't get this side playing better. They are too insecure. Too many of the players are 'peripheral'. The wing-backs are not key players - and they need to be. We were too narrow, and when we did go wide we didn't use the ball as well as we needed to. Partly because Bretford diligently tracked us. We needed to moved the quicker and more accurately, and the 'peripheral' players - wingbacks, midfielders, CBs, had to step up and deliver more. A little sloppy and not enough from 70% of the team. I don't blame most of these players, they are not elite level, but to win we needed more from them.

Conte must take some of the blame as we knew this result was quite possible without more down the wings, or without more from the non-key players. A manager like Poch would have Sessengon more confident and us using him more. He just looked rusty and low on confidence again. Dier's passing was terrible. Hogjberg when he gets into good positions needs to use the ball better. Davies, Son, Royal...have to make crosses count.

It wasn't all bad, but we needed Moura on sooner imo.

Last edited:
FFS, really? Has everyone been so terrified of an innocent comment being converted into an OMT that this game - today, at teatime - can only be discussed on the Europe thread?

Anyway, assume it will be the same team as against Brighton, hopefully with a little more enthusiasm though. Opponents are a newly promoted club from a small village in Middlesex, but they’ve been doing rather well since resurrecting Christian Eriksen, who is even more of a threat as an unslayable zombie. Let’s take him back with the three points.

Custard, Jones and badgers are hereby invoked.
Well I hope you’re pleased with yourself? Clearly Conte stuck this OMT on the wall before they went out today.

100%
I’ve heard how brick sess is but him with Doherty is very very different than anyone with royal
Blame Sess for his own poor performance please. Poor crossing, poor use of the ball etc those things all fall on him.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Blame Sess for his own poor performance please. Poor crossing, poor use of the ball etc those things all fall on him.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Not really
Can easily be to do with space, time and speed of the action
And of course match fitness too
What’s royals excuse for being scared to attack

Back