• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Haaland is what happens when you put an elite striker in that City side (Sterling would score 18 goals for City).

Personal opinion is Son & Kane would outperform him in the that same side, and Son would actually have been a better fit to Pep's ideal setup.
What Haaland is good at he's extremely good at (making good runs, speed/strength ratio), but IMO he's a product. Of course he's good, but is career has been well planned as you would expect with an ex-pro as a father. And football needs a "world's best" more than ever, I cannot remember top footballers ever being so bland as a group with Cristiano and Messi put out to pasture - and even including them. Add to that, Haaland is so ugly that no male would feel threatened worshipping him, unlike Beckham, Cristiano and Kranjcar. Age aside I'd rather have Kane, and it's not even close.

Another game on the left where he struggled to make an impact.

No doubt if he gets into a shooting or crossing position from the left he's really good, but if not he struggles to impact games (unless up against exhausted Trippier).

It's fine if the rest of the team is clicking, but when we're not it's a bit of a problem.

Another game on the left where he struggled to make an impact.

No doubt if he gets into a shooting or crossing position from the left he's really good, but if not he struggles to impact games (unless up against exhausted Trippier).

It's fine if the rest of the team is clicking, but when we're not it's a bit of a problem.
I honestly believe on the left he wont have much of impact. We've seen the downturn in his output from the left over the last couple of seasons. He still has his finishing but he's lost a tiny bit of that burst that would get him past players, now we are relying on him to be more overall creative and influential and he can do it to an extent but those have never been his best qualities.

It's a bit of a conundrum because Son is clearly at his best through the centre but obviously Richarlison has hit a run of form so it makes sense to try and exploit that for as long as it lasts, but I don't see us getting the level from Son that we know he is capable of playing out on the left.

I honestly believe on the left he wont have much of impact. We've seen the downturn in his output from the left over the last couple of seasons. He still has his finishing but he's lost a tiny bit of that burst that would get him past players, now we are relying on him to be more overall creative and influential and he can do it to an extent but those have never been his best qualities.

It's a bit of a conundrum because Son is clearly at his best through the centre but obviously Richarlison has hit a run of form so it makes sense to try and exploit that for as long as it lasts, but I don't see us getting the level from Son that we know he is capable of playing out on the left.
Fully agree. It's a bit of a conundrum. If Solomon can get fit at least we'd have a different kind of option to change to in games when it's not working. Werner is a bit similar to Son, though perhaps a bit better at the knock the ball down the line and run past a player bit (while being nowhere near the level Son is with finishing of course).

I also think we need to find a different formula.

I like Werner on the left, I like Solomon as the flex.

I like Richi as the battering ram.

Can we use Son from the right, or deeper?

I don't like Son on either side against a low block, as I don't think he offers anything creatively. Up front in the middle only for me.
Have we ever tried Kulusevski on the left? Right side is a bit of a worry at the moment.

I don't like Son on either side against a low block, as I don't think he offers anything creatively. Up front in the middle only for me.
Have we ever tried Kulusevski on the left? Right side is a bit of a worry at the moment.
Yup, Son at this stage of his career is a through the middle player and makes the most use of his best attributes (his finishing).

I've seen suggests for Kulu on the left but I don't see that being successful, other than having a left foot there is nothing about his game or the way he plays that suggests he would be any good as a left sided winger. The bigger issue probably is that the other options we have on the right are more troubling primarily being Johnson.

Son deeper is a no no. His control is so often loose in those situations. Back to goal, with real or imagined pressure from opponents.

Plus he's never come across as an intelligent passer.

The wider men for Ange are asked to play a lot wider and mainly tasked with typical wing play. And Sonny is not electric enough (anymore) to be a constant thorn in an opponents minds from that position imo

But we can't deflate Richie's confidence bubble at the moment, so.....?

Son doesn’t press like Richi or offer an aerial threat, which we need at times.
Son presses just as much as Richie just in a different way. Richarlison really isn't that dominant in the air in general play either although he is good finishing wise with his head in the box.

On the balance if you play them the same amount of time So wil score more and he will probably get more assists as well so I suppose it depends on what we need or desire more.

There is even the argument that neither are what is needed. If we do need more physical presence than what Son provides we lso need better general play than what Roche offers. Maybe the new striker is the actual answer (I'm happy going with Son there tbh).

Son presses just as much as Richie just in a different way. Richarlison really isn't that dominant in the air in general play either although he is good finishing wise with his head in the box.

On the balance if you play them the same amount of time So wil score more and he will probably get more assists as well so I suppose it depends on what we need or desire more.

There is even the argument that neither are what is needed. If we do need more physical presence than what Son provides we lso need better general play than what Roche offers. Maybe the new striker is the actual answer (I'm happy going with Son there tbh).
I’m gonna sound like an arsehole but if sell Richie of we could get Gyokeres who would IMO be outstanding for us
But that not a criticism of Richy who has really stepped up, just that the way we play isn’t a prefect fit for him IMO

Back