• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Agreed on the second part. Yesterday it was close between Toby, Eriksen and Son. I would probably give it to the latter though for the two goals that changed what was quite a tight game up to that point.

It was a hard decision i agree and like you say on another day Son could have got it for his goals, i gave it to Toby because of the way he handled Bony ( who is always a handful). The thing about Toby that puts him up there with the best ( imo) is that he reads the game so well and the number of times he intercepts the ball is very good.

Thank goodness

http://sport.bt.com/football/news/m...min-son-remained-at-tottenham-S11364094103932

His manager conceded he had a decision to make over Son's future this summer and was elated his decision to keep him was vindicated with his performance in the Potteries. Asked if his winger was close to leaving, Pochettino replied: "Not only Son, different players. Last season was tough for him and we have to make the decision, in or out. "We took the decision for him to stay with us and I'm very pleased now. He had the opportunity to play and show he can help us. We're very pleased for him."

Thank goodness

http://sport.bt.com/football/news/m...min-son-remained-at-tottenham-S11364094103932

His manager conceded he had a decision to make over Son's future this summer and was elated his decision to keep him was vindicated with his performance in the Potteries. Asked if his winger was close to leaving, Pochettino replied: "Not only Son, different players. Last season was tough for him and we have to make the decision, in or out. "We took the decision for him to stay with us and I'm very pleased now. He had the opportunity to play and show he can help us. We're very pleased for him."
Great message to the squad - you are here because you are good enough.
If not, you would be gone.
Stay good enough and I'll stand by you.
Don't perform and you'll be gone.

That dominates our transfer policy also - ability can be trained and honed much more than attitude can.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We have 4 players who all deserve to start on Wednesday now.

I suspect Son will be replaced by Lamela because those three have earned to be "first choice three" with a message to Son being "keep doing it when you get the call, put the pressure on those three".

Lamela reacted to the pressure of Son being signed - we have good pressure across the squad now.

I would stick with Son. We don't get enough goals from midfield. And he showed how potent he can be - we saw it last season, but it just didn't quite click with impressive shots flying just over or wide. He's found his range now.

Eriksen could play deeper again. Longer term, some pressure on Wanyama and Dier to be more creative. We have too many players to have a DM who isn't also able going forward.

Last edited:
We have 4 players who all deserve to start on Wednesday now.

I suspect Son will be replaced by Lamela because those three have earned to be "first choice three" with a message to Son being "keep doing it when you get the call, put the pressure on those three".

Lamela reacted to the pressure of Son being signed - we have good pressure across the squad now.

Well if Son does not start on Wednesday I expect him to start on Saturday

I don't actually mind who starts now because they will have a massive confidence boost from a great win and we know they all have the ability to play better and push on

Competition is great in football and the players thrive on it... But we seem to have a great balance right now and no negative vibes at the club from the players

I thought Eriksen when playing on right worked well with Walker. The two down the wing could be devastating, both helping each other's game, with Eriksen getting more space than in the centre.
I was thinking about this earlier. Back in the day we had Davids left midfield and Lennon right midfield. Totally different roles though. Lennon pushed high and wide while Davids tucked in. The left back charged forward (Wipey) and the right back stayed put to form a 3 (Corluka). A deliberate wonky on 2 axes.

If we have Rose and Walker both bombing forwards with Dier dropping between the centre backs, this is pleasing... then Eriksen and Lamela playing very different roles on either flank OR Son coming in to play a very different role again, goalscorer for the first, superb finish for the second... interesting options...

Never been his greatest fan, but hey, hands up. That was his best performance to date, made a bad pass after a great run late in the first half, but other than that he was great. Gave their defence a hard afternoon.

Well done to Kyle Walker too, what a lungbusting run in the lead-up to the 3rd
I had to laugh as Walker caught up with Lamela and raced past him. Reminded me of Forest Gump! Run Forest! RUN!

I think lamella is more defensively minded than sonny... it works if wanyama and dier are holding.

When Dembele is back in I expect lamella to play.

Optionso are lovely

Son' could now disappear for a while 'if' he thinks maybe 'job done'. Great goals loved them......but I want more........I'm greedy.

Not all teams will defend like they have ketamine in their water bottles!

Son' could now disappear for a while 'if' he thinks maybe 'job done'. Great goals loved them......but I want more........I'm greedy.

Not all teams will defend like they have ketamine in their water bottles!

I think most teams are awful defensively in this league - did you see the Chelsea game yesterday

Well you have players like Keane at Burnley being touted as an England player it makes you realise how poor we are as a league (and that was based on his championship experience)

Dont forget Chelsea have just resigned Sideshow Bob as a defender...

I think most teams are awful defensively in this league - did you see the Chelsea game yesterday

Well you have players like Keane at Burnley being touted as an England player it makes you realise how poor we are as a league (and that was based on his championship experience)

Most teams defend on the front foot and/or by ball retention now.

We are well equipped to exploit that and once we get in front they have to open up, which helps us get at them.
Our weakness is coming from behind. But our signing should help a bit with that

Its not just the EPL there are a lots of poor defensive displays from all around Europe this weekend.
Defending is not popular unless your a Juve fan............I love watching Juve defend......

Most teams defend on the front foot and/or by ball retention now.

We are well equipped to exploit that and once we get in front they have to open up, which helps us get at them.
Our weakness is coming from behind. But our signing should help a bit with that

We do well coming from behind. We struggle when we start ahead and get pegged back. We dont manage momentum swings well especially when we have been the better side

Its not just the EPL there are a lots of poor defensive displays from all around Europe this weekend.
Defending is not popular unless your a Juve fan............I love watching Juve defend......

Defending is a lost art as we expect full backs to be wingers and centre backs to be Hoddle now.. It can only lead to prettier football and certainly more goals, but it isn't the "best" football as demonstrated by lesser teams winning the league like Leicester and Atletico (there still a great side) and its what Juve have a base to dominate their league

Back