• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Saying it for a while now, he's either world class during a purple patch or a total liability. Time to sell him as he is one of the very few players that would bring in big money and help with a rebuild.
He isn't world class overall imo.

He's fantastic, yes world class in certain situations. Get him running in behind, get him running at players with space to attack, finishing or delivering crosses he's fantastic.

If the opponents manage to slow him down, receiving the ball standing still or facing the wrong way, tight situations with little space to attack. He's not particularly good.

World class players (imo) are standout in many different situations, different phases of play.

If we can get our attacking mojo back, get Son into those situations he thrives on he will again be excellent. He's a great player, a great asset, seems to be a great guy too. But his effectiveness is somewhat limited to certain situations.

He isn't world class overall imo.

He's fantastic, yes world class in certain situations. Get him running in behind, get him running at players with space to attack, finishing or delivering crosses he's fantastic.

If the opponents manage to slow him down, receiving the ball standing still or facing the wrong way, tight situations with little space to attack. He's not particularly good.

World class players (imo) are standout in many different situations, different phases of play.

If we can get our attacking mojo back, get Son into those situations he thrives on he will again be excellent. He's a great player, a great asset, seems to be a great guy too. But his effectiveness is somewhat limited to certain situations.
I'd say more his finishing is world class in his purple patches. Great players perform on a consistent basis, Son doesn't do that, so for me he's not a great player.

I did wonder with the tears yesterday if he knows he won't be signing a new agreement and that was his last chance of winning something here gone.
On the other hand he does wear his footballing-heart on his sleeve so it might just have been the emotional reaction to losing another final and I'm reading too much into it.

Must admit that was my thoughts as well, we do need a major overall of players ( despite what some think) as far as i can see we only have 3 players who may bring in a good fee ( Son, Kane, Alli) we may have to sell at least two of them if we are to bring the quality and number of players we need in.

You need to be a good passer to play for City. Son is not a good passer.
That reminds me; in the first half we were getting battered and finally managed to work the ball up to Son, he turned back and tried to find Dier but instead passed straight to Sterling(?) who could then run at our goal. That was his best throughball / pass of the game. Sheesh.

It looked to me as though Son felt that he couldn’t get the better of Walker so didn’t ever try, instead always going backwards. Frustrating as he had 4 or 5 occasions when he was up 1 on 1 against him. It was probably worth switching him and Moura to see whether Son would actually attemp to beat their left back

That reminds me; in the first half we were getting battered and finally managed to work the ball up to Son, he turned back and tried to find Dier but instead passed straight to Sterling(?) who could then run at our goal. That was his best throughball / pass of the game. Sheesh.

Maybe he will fit in at City afterall.

It looked to me as though Son felt that he couldn’t get the better of Walker so didn’t ever try, instead always going backwards. Frustrating as he had 4 or 5 occasions when he was up 1 on 1 against him. It was probably worth switching him and Moura to see whether Son would actually attemp to beat their left back
Cancelo is twice the defender Walker is, if he cannot get past Walker he is never getting past Cancelo.

Back