• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

He also got body checked off the ball earlier in the game. See they were involved in a tussle during the Korea / Colombia 'friendly' a few months back too.

Son snapped but it had been building up and I can't say I blame him for the reaction.

This is the one where Son needs to be cynical.
Stay down and draw attention to it. Even if the ref didn't see it, he will know something happened (ok, maybe not Pawson) and have Son as victim and Lerma as aggressor in his mind.

This is the one where Son needs to be cynical.
Stay down and draw attention to it. Even if the ref didn't see it, he will know something happened (ok, maybe not Pawson) and have Son as victim and Lerma as aggressor in his mind.

He did stay down. The ref saw it and play stopped shortly after.. No punishment was handed out. I don't want to see our players faking injury, ever.

Exactly. If there is an appeal it can only be that the action by Son did not warrant a straight red. And that Pawson in a cnut.

Given that a CL place is 99% confirmed, I'd assume that we'd rather he served one of his suspended games this season and then miss the first two of next season. An unsuccessful appeal and he misses the first three games of next season.

I can't believe it on here, IF and it's a big if in my mind that's a red there would be plenty of reds every week.
At least son has shown some spirit and fight (yeah not a good choice of words), unlike some out there today. Again.
If someone still thinks a push is always a red card: Holgate wasn't even stepped on or hit in the back first. And the push was in a dangerous direction. AND all the refs discussed the incident at length. While Pawson had the red card out before the clam Lerma even hit the ground.

Result: no card. At all.

Given that a CL place is 99% confirmed, I'd assume that we'd rather he served one of his suspended games this season and then miss the first two of next season. An unsuccessful appeal and he misses the first three games of next season.
I think the case will be dealt with before the Everton game, so we'd have nothing to lose.

It's not going to be overturned though. They defend referees in all cases if it is at all possible, and even though I have seen yellow cards being given much more often than red cards for offences like that, I can't see it being rescinded.

I would be so disappointed with the club if there were no appeals - so much evidence to show that lerma went unpunished, and therefore the ref was to blame for allowing things to escalate

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I dont think we have much chance of getting it over-turned, and I'm not sure that Lerma's missed things would be grounds. I think our best bet would be to say that it was a push rather than strike/hit - however I can't see it having much chance of succeeding

If someone still thinks a push is always a red card: Holgate wasn't even stepped on or hit in the back first. And the push was in a dangerous direction. AND all the refs discussed the incident at length. While Pawson had the red card out before the clam Lerma even hit the ground.

Result: no card. At all.

Thing is Lerma went down like he had been shot, cheating Cnut. Hopefully we will be more smart when we play Bournemouth next. A quick reducer on him by Sissoko at the start of the game to let him know he is being watched.

Amazing commitment to cheatery from Lerma. I can understand players and teams being committed to winning when they have nothing to play for, for professional pride, the crowd or the excitement of a game but commitment to playacting and brickhousery with nothing at stake. Congrats Lerma. It’s so ingrained in the game now they cheat and dive subconsciously.

You gotta love Dermot Gallagher's ref watch verdict about the Son incident. Has he even watched the incident?

https://www.skysports.com/football/...l-so-its-just-a-booking-says-dermot-gallagher

Whenever I see/hear former referees view on situations in football, I understand completely why the level of refereeing is so incredibly low. Even when they have the chance to watch things over and over, they still can't seem to see things or get things right. That's why there will still be plenty of mistakes even with VAR. The referees are simply incompetent and clueless.

Back