• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

I think the EDL / racist angle mainly came up because the reference to st George's day was posted by a well known racist.

We should definitely celebrate the wonderful country that England is on any given day, but to me, one of the best things about it is that we embrace different cultures / ethnicities given our history of being invaded many times over the years which in turn shaped our language/ culture. Whilst generalizing slightly, a bunch of tinkled up Meatheads with the England flag aren't actually the best representation of the tolerant and open minded society that we strive to be.

Interesting point on lack of evidence of GHod, if there was evidence, there would be no concept of faith. Supporting the GHod we know to be true would just be a matter of fact, which kind of defeats a key point of religion..I guess it's a catch 22.

There’s definitely an association with the flag and knuckleheads. And it’s a shame they have almost ruined it for the rest of us. Shouldn’t be the case that they tarnish the flag for the rest of us. Again I say this as someone not that patriotic. There’s things that annoy me about English people…why do we act like clams when we go abroad? Act like you’re an ambassador for our country. Even smaller things like littering, I swear it’s worse here than any other country I’ve been too. Certainly among the developed countries. Fully agree our open minded society is something we should be proud of along with how multi cultural the country is.

Back to religion, the fact that there are so many religions and gods to choose from to makes me sceptical. There’s something like 3000 gods to choose from, they’re incompatible. Why would your GHod be right and the other 2999 and wrong?

There’s definitely an association with the flag and knuckleheads. And it’s a shame they have almost ruined it for the rest of us. Shouldn’t be the case that they tarnish the flag for the rest of us. Again I say this as someone not that patriotic. There’s things that annoy me about English people…why do we act like clams when we go abroad? Act like you’re an ambassador for our country. Even smaller things like littering, I swear it’s worse here than any other country I’ve been too. Certainly among the developed countries. Fully agree our open minded society is something we should be proud of along with how multi cultural the country is.
I’m sorry but they aren’t knuckle heads… there the lads defending our country form all the boat coming here and all them foreign lot taking the jobs

They go to Landan to get smashed on the Stella… snort a few lines then attack a fudging police horse, all in the name of being patriotic. They are utter bellends and as you say, have stolen the flag of the country to represent their old hooliganism ways

I travel all the time for work and the UK isn’t that bad in litter compared to some but it could be better. And where I live I’m getting annoyed at tossers with dogs bricking and not picking it up.

The ambassador thing is so true but I also have to explain to my overseas colleagues that we aren’t a country that chose to be run by idiots…. We kinda inherited them (not true I know)

Back to religion, the fact that there are so many religions and gods to choose from to makes me sceptical. There’s something like 3000 gods to choose from, they’re incompatible. Why would your GHod be right and the other 2999 and wrong?

I think it says a lot about someone if they do litter. To be clear I've not always been perfect and as a smoker I had no doubt just stubbed some cig / joint ends and just ditched em, now I know how bad for the environment that is I wouldn't do the same now. But yeah the littering thing is just being inconsiderate of the world around you, I guess if you live somewhere that is already a brick hole people don't see the point of taking care of that place but that isn't an excuse.

On religion, for me seeing how strong other people's faith is in other religions / deities would make me doubt mine. I guess before multiculturalism you'd only see / meet people that followed the same religion as you but it wouldn't come up.

The chances of one of the organized religions being right is low, but we can't even necessarily to prove that this isn't a matrix style simulation. If there is a GHod that created everything, it's fairly arrogant to think that just because we can't find evidence, means that there isn't (or wasn't) a GHod. I'm firmly on the fence but there is a fudge tonne we don't understand and the point of science is that it is there to be tested - What's understood as fact will most likely be miles off how we see things in a couple of centuries.

Nothing comes from nothing, but it must have done, unless there's always been something but the big bang suggests otherwise, but that's only our best theory. It's a paradox that hurts to think about.

I often wonder if the question is not so much whether or not there is a GHod but rather if there is one, why is it the assumption that he/she/it is a benign force? When you look at what goes on in the world and the poverty and the suffering and the injustice, benign is far from the word I would use. (And “free will” is just a cop-out argument).

Anyway, on happier “what happened today news” ( well technically earlier in the week news) I handed in my notice at work. I am retiring early. Plenty of notice - end of November. Then plan to travel while we still can. Can’t wait.

Go for it girl, best thing i have done is travel and still do.

Anyway, on happier “what happened today news” ( well technically earlier in the week news) I handed in my notice at work. I am retiring early. Plenty of notice - end of November. Then plan to travel while we still can. Can’t wait.

Where you planning to go? Highly recommend asia. You will feel the stress lift off of you and realise how toxic the uk is in comparison. Although india can be stressful.

Where you planning to go? Highly recommend asia. You will feel the stress lift off of you and realise how toxic the uk is in comparison.
Love it there. Been to Thailand a few times. Vietnam last year. Cambodia in 2019. China before that. But so much more we want to see.
Following your trip with interest as loved travelling around Turkey and beach hols in Thailand and Sri Lanka.

Love it there. Been to Thailand a few times. Vietnam last year. Cambodia in 2019. China before that. But so much more we want to see.
Following your trip with interest as loved travelling around Turkey and beach hols in Thailand and Sri Lanka.

Indonesia is lovely. Gilli islands.

Whatever you pick have a great time. Start a thread about it.

If you do go thailand. They don't like the visa runs anymore. Did a week in cambodia came back, didn't think they were going to let me in. They did but just for another month. If you start in thailand do a couple of months outside before going back.

Shame i wanted to go south. See mynamar again. Spend a bit of time. But found an $80 flight to sri lanka. Not all bad.

Today I've mostly been travelling and drinking beer. I have now ditched my drinking buddies to go watch Kula Shaker at Electric Ballroom in Camden. Looking forward to (hopefully) some blasts from the past, but having listened to their latest offering this week... they're still doing their thing.

I think it says a lot about someone if they do litter. To be clear I've not always been perfect and as a smoker I had no doubt just stubbed some cig / joint ends and just ditched em, now I know how bad for the environment that is I wouldn't do the same now. But yeah the littering thing is just being inconsiderate of the world around you, I guess if you live somewhere that is already a brick hole people don't see the point of taking care of that place but that isn't an excuse.

On religion, for me seeing how strong other people's faith is in other religions / deities would make me doubt mine. I guess before multiculturalism you'd only see / meet people that followed the same religion as you but it wouldn't come up.

The chances of one of the organized religions being right is low, but we can't even necessarily to prove that this isn't a matrix style simulation. If there is a GHod that created everything, it's fairly arrogant to think that just because we can't find evidence, means that there isn't (or wasn't) a GHod. I'm firmly on the fence but there is a fudge tonne we don't understand and the point of science is that it is there to be tested - What's understood as fact will most likely be miles off how we see things in a couple of centuries.

Nothing comes from nothing, but it must have done, unless there's always been something but the big bang suggests otherwise, but that's only our best theory. It's a paradox that hurts to think about.

I do agree that it’s impossible to rule out there being a GHod. We just don’t know.

I don’t have an issue with people believing in a higher power. It’s only when religion infringes on the civil liberties of people when I don’t like it, abortion being a prime example.

It's a good time to come to Japan, with the Yen being so weak.

Couple of people said that. Outside of tokyo it's quite cheap? Compared to europe at least.

Hotels in Tokyo are pricey but in general it’s so cheap here. If you’re not fussed about having convenience store lunches and things, you can eat for less than ¥2/3000 a day I think. Beers at a pub maybe about about ¥900 but you can find all you can eat and drink places, or convenience store beers for around ¥300

Back