• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

It's done now, not getting him another one, half the players are out of date by the time you even buy one!!!
He'll have to make do with a super cars one for next year lol
This got me thinking that when we buy players we should pay more attention to the best-before or sell-by date sticker. It would solve a lot of problems down the road.

Thank you very much for your reply. No I didnt know that, I'll look into it, thanks again. I dont think this will become regular income for me though. Realistically I have to put a lot more effort into setting up a freelance business, getting clients etc, I started to make a website (wordpress), and got some help in self promotion. It all felt a bit alien to me so I put it to one side. If this project goes well then maybe it will give me a kick up the backside and inspire me to finish it. A part of me wants to be creative for my myself rather than for other people.

What line of work are you in? For a lot of roles now a website doesn't really help much now, more about the contacts you have or links with recruitment agents.

So a mutual friend of my wife and I has done various bits of DIY for us since we moved into our new house, he did our bathroom, installed a new toilet, did all the tiling etc. He’s done lots for us over the last 2 years, very tardy but does a good job for a decent price.

He also fitted a new radiator for us in February as he used to be a plumber. Problem is we asked for a double convector radiator to pump out some extra heat but he fitted a single convector. Partly my fault as my wife left me in charge and I honestly didn’t notice he had fitted the wrong one until after he left and I’d paid him by that point. Been chasing him up ever since to come back and fix it. Like I said he’s a friend of ours and came to our wedding and I don’t wanna fall out but he’s just ignoring my messages now after months of stalling and saying he would come and fix it. Not really on for him to be ignoring me and I don’t want to make a big issue of it, truth be told I’m not even that annoyed, I just want him to fix it as I’ve never heard the end of it from the missus “I leave you in charge of one thing” etc.

Sometimes you just have to pay up and get someone else in to do something. I'm actually doing the same thing myself, buying the same brand so it's a really simple job to switch over. Can use the same brackets and in most cases there's a bit of give in the pipes to angle them back a little.

So a mutual friend of my wife and I has done various bits of DIY for us since we moved into our new house, he did our bathroom, installed a new toilet, did all the tiling etc. He’s done lots for us over the last 2 years, very tardy but does a good job for a decent price.

He also fitted a new radiator for us in February as he used to be a plumber. Problem is we asked for a double convector radiator to pump out some extra heat but he fitted a single convector. Partly my fault as my wife left me in charge and I honestly didn’t notice he had fitted the wrong one until after he left and I’d paid him by that point. Been chasing him up ever since to come back and fix it. Like I said he’s a friend of ours and came to our wedding and I don’t wanna fall out but he’s just ignoring my messages now after months of stalling and saying he would come and fix it. Not really on for him to be ignoring me and I don’t want to make a big issue of it, truth be told I’m not even that annoyed, I just want him to fix it as I’ve never heard the end of it from the missus “I leave you in charge of one thing” etc.
If it’s just a radiator you could do it yourself if he installed the right kind of valves
worth looking into
I replaced some of my kids ones after the ones we had footed when we moved in werent as hot as we needed

I got lambasted by a cyclist today (was yesterday actually). I am a cyclist too and always give bikes extra space when in the car. This cyclist was quite a sight. On a little brompton bike pumping his little legs at a furious rate. Ugly unshaven mug, highly aggressive, and to top it off, he's sporting a Gooner bennie.

After overtaking a car turning left and this Goon on a brompton who's a good 3 meters away from me, he starts mouthing off shouting - simply because I've over taken him. I don't take road rage too seriously, but there is a certain type of middle aged male angry cyclist who are a special breed. What is with them? Shouldn't they enjoy riding a bike, rather than take it out on other people? Needless to say I slowed down so I could impart my thoughts on his manners, and was only urged on by seeing his club allegiances :D

Don't start me on cyclists, twice recently whilst walking on the pavement (you know the bit for pedestrians) cyclists in full safety gear have approached towards me and expected me to move out on the road so they can pass safely.
The last one actually had the cheek to stop and stare at me when I refused to move out his way.
Cretins.

Don't start me on cyclists, twice recently whilst walking on the pavement (you know the bit for pedestrians) cyclists in full safety gear have approached towards me and expected me to move out on the road so they can pass safely.
The last one actually had the cheek to stop and stare at me when I refused to move out his way.
Cretins.

I know what you mean, i tend to give them a shove as they ride buy. And then apoligise as i pick them up. :)

What line of work are you in? For a lot of roles now a website doesn't really help much now, more about the contacts you have or links with recruitment agents.
Thanks for the reply. Graphic design, mainly publishing, book covers, text, marketing material etc. Have been doing freelance work alongside main job five-ever (workaholic I suppose). Most of my contacts have moved on, retired or died. A lot of the smaller publishers have gone and there is 'self publishing' software these days. Agencies try to push me into high level appointments but I have had enough of that, just dont have the energy for it anymore.

People like to see what you have done, a portfolio is essential really. There are a a number of websites etc for 'creatives', but to go freelance I need to invest in equipment, software and put a lot of effort in. At my time of life I'm not sure its worth it and was ready to call it a day when this project turned up.

Thanks for the reply. Graphic design, mainly publishing, book covers, text, marketing material etc. Have been doing freelance work alongside main job five-ever (workaholic I suppose). Most of my contacts have moved on, retired or died. A lot of the smaller publishers have gone and there is 'self publishing' software these days. Agencies try to push me into high level appointments but I have had enough of that, just dont have the energy for it anymore.

People like to see what you have done, a portfolio is essential really. There are a a number of websites etc for 'creatives', but to go freelance I need to invest in equipment, software and put a lot of effort in. At my time of life I'm not sure its worth it and was ready to call it a day when this project turned up.

Got you yeah some form of online portfolio would be needed for that. Guessing the creative websites are ones that allow you to publish your portfolio on them.

I've always thought if you don't need the money then just retire and enjoy life, so many people get bad health or leave life early these days that it's really sad to think most people will be working till near 70 and may not be in good enough health to actually enjoy retirement.

Even if you need a small top up with the minimum wage going up you could just pick something up in retail where you get a discount that might benefit you but obviously not for everyone.

Really hope I can retire around 62/63 ish, don't want to be working all my life and I know I'll have mobility issues eventually due to some previous health stuff.

Got you yeah some form of online portfolio would be needed for that. Guessing the creative websites are ones that allow you to publish your portfolio on them.

I've always thought if you don't need the money then just retire and enjoy life, so many people get bad health or leave life early these days that it's really sad to think most people will be working till near 70 and may not be in good enough health to actually enjoy retirement.

Even if you need a small top up with the minimum wage going up you could just pick something up in retail where you get a discount that might benefit you but obviously not for everyone.

Really hope I can retire around 62/63 ish, don't want to be working all my life and I know I'll have mobility issues eventually due to some previous health stuff.

Unless you love your job get out as quick as you can. Good friend at work who was a few months older than me passed away 6 months after I jumped ship, you never know when your numbers going to come up.

Realistic view. AI is probably going to kill you off (work wise:)) anyway. Especially if your hearts not in it. It's a shame as your line of work is ideal for freelance and keeping any work flow on your terms.

Obviously ones financial position dictates choices and direction BUT if you plan to retire or semi-retire have just that, A PLAN. It's the demise of a lot of people, they detach, drift, and generally become disconnected. Look forward to what lies ahead as a new chapter. It's an idea to think back to what you were and/or who you were before mainstream life took it's hold. Passions you can revisit and maybe make a small living out of? You've revealed on here that your heart isn't in your current work....so thats you telling yourself that I want/need to do something that I can put my heart into. Good luck.

Realistic view. AI is probably going to kill you off (work wise:)) anyway. Especially if your hearts not in it. It's a shame as your line of work is ideal for freelance and keeping any work flow on your terms.

Obviously ones financial position dictates choices and direction BUT if you plan to retire or semi-retire have just that, A PLAN. It's the demise of a lot of people, they detach, drift, and generally become disconnected. Look forward to what lies ahead as a new chapter. It's an idea to think back to what you were and/or who you were before mainstream life took it's hold. Passions you can revisit and maybe make a small living out of? You've revealed on here that your heart isn't in your current work....so thats you telling yourself that I want/need to do something that I can put my heart into. Good luck.

Having a plan is essential, not easy in current climate.

I know what you mean, i tend to give them a shove as they ride buy. And then apoligise as i pick them up. :)

Back when he was Mayor, I could have 'nudged' Boris into the canal. He was coming down the tow path, blond hair sticking out from his helmet, close to Broadway market. I might have saved us all with one little nudge into the canal. :D

Just picked up a monese debit card off the street. I’ve sent an email to the bank.

High street banks used to (probably still do) give you a tenner if you found a card and handed it to the branch cashier.

So not sure if there is a bounty waiting!

Just picked up a monese debit card off the street. I’ve sent an email to the bank.

High street banks used to (probably still do) give you a tenner if you found a card and handed it to the branch cashier.

So not sure if there is a bounty waiting!

Surely that was quickly stopped after everyone and their mates made a quick tenner!?

Surely that was quickly stopped after everyone and their mates made a quick tenner!?

If you want to give me your bank card I’ll go halves with you.

You should get it back in about three weeks.

Honestly, this was policy for a long time (decades) but I have no idea if it still is.

Back