• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Lol. Okay I won the opportunity to buy two tickets at £235 a pop in the ballot.

Pretty high end stuff though. Only 15,000 people at one of the worlds premier sporting events. And it’s all day. And you may pack your own sarnies.

It’s men’s singles and ladies doubles.
and if you don't fancy it you could make a fortune selling them on !!

In Vietnam at the moment. Yesterday we moved location and took a car to the airport. In the check-in queue I realised I didn’t have my phone with me. After frantic scouring around and emptying of bags, I concluded I had left it in the car. Now, our whole holiday is on my phone. Flights, hotels, contact details, etc. Husband has no data on his phone and airport free Wi-Fi not working. I had the transfer company WhatsApp details on my phone and no other contact details printed out. Went to the airline ticket desk although it was not their problem. Encountered a really helpful man who tried the car company (not helped by me not knowing the actual company name so him wasting time contacting the wrong one)! No luck and we had to get our flight. At the other end, once in our Homestay with Wi-Fi, I managed to contact the car company. They contacted the driver and 30 mins later I received a photo of my phone on the back seat of his car. Huge relief as I have my bank and credit cards in the case and was desperately hoping I wouldn’t have to cancel them. So transfer company arranged to send the phone onto me by overnight bus. Guy dealing with it sent me photos of him handing over the phone at the bus company office (with my Spurs screenshot and bank cards in view) and then a photo of the wrapped-up package. The bus was due to arrive this morning but due to severe flooding in the area (a whole other story!) it turned at 5pm. In the meantime I am getting messages from the car company asking whether I have received the phone. So eventually I collect the phone, which is wrapped up tighter than Fort Knox.
I then confirmed back to the car company that the phone was received. And got a message back telling me to “be more careful in future as you had your credit cards in there and people will take them too easily”.
And the cost of getting it to me? Approximately £3.50p!

Suitably chastened by my ticking off but my faith in there being good people out there remains intact.

Last edited:
Nice when people show travellers human kindness. I try to reciprocate. In a couple of months the you’ll find a tourists wallet…

Last edited:
In Vietnam at the moment. Yesterday we moved location and took a car to the airport. In the check-in queue I realised I didn’t have my phone with me. After frantic scouring around and emptying of bags, I concluded I had left it in the car. Now, our whole holiday is on my phone. Flights, hotels, contact details, etc. Husband has no data on his phone and airport free Wi-Fi not working. I had the transfer company WhatsApp details on my phone and no other contact details printed out. Went to the airline ticket desk although it was not their problem. Encountered a really helpful man who tried the car company (not helped by me not knowing the actual company name so him wasting time contacting the wrong one)! No luck and we had to get our flight. At the other end, once in our Homestay with Wi-Fi, I managed to contact the car company. They contacted the driver and 30 mins later I received a photo of my phone on the back seat of his car. Huge relief as I have my bank and credit cards in the case and was desperately hoping I wouldn’t have to cancel them. So transfer company arranged to send the phone onto me by overnight bus. Guy dealing with it sent me photos of him handing over the phone at the bus company office (with my Spurs screenshot and bank cards in view) and then a photo of the wrapped-up package. The bus was due to arrive this morning but due to severe flooding in the area (a whole other story!) it turned at 5pm. In the meantime I am getting messages from the car company asking whether I have received the phone. So eventually I collect the phone, which is wrapped up tighter than Fort Knox.
I then confirmed back to the car company that the phone was received. And got a message back telling me to “be more careful in future as you had your credit cards in there and people will take them too easily”.

Suitably chastened by my ticking off but my faith in there being good people out there remains intact.
Fantastic outcome.

It also just goes to show how utterly dependent we have become on these little life-sucking portals that reign over most of our lives.

Last edited:
Kids off to school, so officially kid free until Sunday night
Off for a big weekend with 30 others celebrating 2 50th's and a 40th
Will be liquid !!

Wow. Golden reviews all round....and I'd even be tempted to send them a gift.

The consequences of a phone loss are immediate and long lasting. The continuous stream of realisations of inconvenience post loss are stomach turning.

1st day at new contract today
No Laptop or account set up as yet, probably not until Monday
So 3 days pay with no work to do, unreal how companies can't get IT sorted out for new joiners
I had a contract job last year where I did no work between August and November. I had dependencies on some stuff upstream which didn’t happen lol.

I tell a lie, I sent in my invoice on a Friday.

And then I got an extension in February as nothing had been done.

The job I had before that (for three months) there was no contact for the first month.

So last year I did three months actual work and paid for what, 9.

I am the countries productivity drain. And actually I much prefer to churn out some work.

I had a contract job last year where I did no work between August and November. I had dependencies on some stuff upstream which didn’t happen lol.

The job I had before that (for three months) there was no contact for the first month.

I am the countries productivity drain. And actually I much prefer to churn out some work.
Ledge.

I get really bored if I don't work, am still struggling a bit from the last few weeks of being on the tinkle so glad of a few more days recovering
Am 100% having a break from boozing and partying for a while now

Fellas I have some work for you if bored :D Working too hard atm. I think wfh often allows people to slip under the radar. If everyone was in the office, you would have things landing on your desk?

Hard to recuite people atm as everyone wants to wfh. But you can't build a culture or bounce ideas of colleagues so easily.

I get really bored if I don't work, am still struggling a bit from the last few weeks of being on the tinkle so glad of a few more days recovering
Am 100% having a break from boozing and partying for a while now

behave Christmas starts next weekend.

So they put a request in to get my laptop 5 WD's ago, there is an SLA of 6 days
When chased this morning nobody has actioned the original request so potentially I might not have a laptop for another week or so
Shambles hahaha

Back