• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sky Go question

Crawley

Board Legend
Excuse the ignorance here........

I have Sky TV, including Sky Sports, and as such get Sky Go on my phone.

If I switch my home TV supplier to virgin media, but include the Sky Sports pack, would i still be able to get sky go on that phone?

I'm assuming not, as it's a Sky product. This will have a bearing on my phone upgrade tariff, as I may not need such a high data limit.

I would expect not as you would not have a sky account. Your subscription would be via virgin so it would not recognise you as a sky customer

Excuse the ignorance here........

I have Sky TV, including Sky Sports, and as such get Sky Go on my phone.

If I switch my home TV supplier to virgin media, but include the Sky Sports pack, would i still be able to get sky go on that phone?

I'm assuming not, as it's a Sky product. This will have a bearing on my phone upgrade tariff, as I may not need such a high data limit.

You will lose Sky Go if you switch to Virgin. You may also have a breakdown when you realise how epically brick Virgin's box is!

I thought the new Virgin TiVo box was supposed to be the bollox! Not played with one myself although I did switch to Virgin about 5 years ago and found the hardware to be terrible.

I thought the new Virgin TiVo box was supposed to be the bollox! Not played with one myself although I did switch to Virgin about 5 years ago and found the hardware to be terrible.

I thought the Sky Go suscription was seperate to the set top box subscription?

Sky Go is for Sky customers only, not Virgin customers, as soon as you switch to Virgin your attachment to Sky ends.

if you pay sky for sky you get sky go for free
if you don't have sky or have sky through virgin/bt/etc then you have to pay a sky go subscription

Contrary to the above, you can have Sky Go without having Sky TV/Dish etc etc - it is just their internet service for the programs.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sk...n-up-to-sky-go-without-a-sky-tv-subscription/

Had to check cos with mine I was given the options to subscribe to sports which is not part of the deal back in the UK where the acc is, so yes it is a separate app/acc.

Just looked at that. £35 per month to watch sky sports on a mobile. No thanks!!!!!!

Just looked at that. £35 per month to watch sky sports on a mobile. No thanks!!!!!!

Heh heh, what did you expect from the money grabbers? :)
I was amazed when I saw that I would get the F1 Channel for free, then realised it was only cos I'd subscribed to HD when I lived in the UK.

Having said that the quality is great and they have thankfully included Eurosports in the basic package too now, but I still can not watch the latest Simpsons and some other US things due to crappy legal reasons :(

Oh oh I'm sorry Trixter I thought the OP was asking if he got Sky Go on his phone included with the Virgin subscription. How silly of me.

Contrary to the above, you can have Sky Go without having Sky TV/Dish etc etc - it is just their internet service for the programs.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sk...n-up-to-sky-go-without-a-sky-tv-subscription/

Had to check cos with mine I was given the options to subscribe to sports which is not part of the deal back in the UK where the acc is, so yes it is a separate app/acc.
Trixster, it's very epxensive to have a stand alone Sky Go account. I actually do it as I use Sky over my Xbox, but I wouldn't pay that sort of money just for the phone, not least because you get a massively reduced service on the phone compaired to on a PC, Xbox or PS3

Agreed, very expensive option. Just provided the info so a "fOOk that!" option could be explored ;)
It is possible to have it without having Sky, just it is not really worth it.

Probably not as you wouldn't be a Sky customer anymore and you need a username to log into the Sky apps like Sky go and the Sky + app.

I am a virgin customer (there is definitely a joke in there somewhere) and I think its ok. I used to be with sky but have seen no difference with virgin and haven't suffered. Admittedly I only got virgin cos ESPN was included within that.

Should think about getting android, as you can watch flash based streams from free sites and MFC.:lol:

Back