• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Siggy

As if, hes far from crap - please tell me how many footballers can strike a ball as well as him, also his touch/technique is quality. He needs to discover what his best role is, maybe Poch will unearth that. Either way he isn't crap and we arent going to obtain better quality squad players than him....

Would that be his second or third touch?

I like The Sig, players get talked about knowing where the goal is, he knows where the corner of the goal is.

I don't dislike Siggy.

The problem is we have about 8 CMs for 3 positions (6 is probably optimum) and he's near the bottom of that list.

We need that £8m to buy a genuine left-sided player instead - someone to compete with Chadli for that bearth.

We need to make some decisions:

1. Do we need two outright defensive midfielders in Sandro and Capoue?
2. Have we given up on Dembele?
3. Does Hotlby, who couldn't get in an attrocious Fulham side towards the end, offer anything?
4. Is Paulinho as attrocious as he seems?
5. Is Eriksen going to play number 10 or 'inside left'?
6. Do we loan out Bentaleb?
7. Is Sigurdsson ever going to kick on? Does he offer enough to be a number 10? Does he have the pace and mobility to be an inside left?

Despite their obvious flaws, I do remember the Dembele-Sandro midfield looking really good. It does, however, put a massive strain on the four ahead of them to create and score goals.

On that basis, I like the idea of a Sandro-Dembele-Eriksen midfield, with Capoue-Bentaleb-Sigurdsson as back up. Paulinho, Holtby and Carroll can all go.

Yay. Another crap footballer happy to hardly play and pick up his paycheck each week, rather than go somewhere else and play.

I'm happy for him to stay if Poch wants him. He has excellent technique, he's far from crap and its great to have a goal threat like Sig on the bench who is able to come on and score and offer something different, which he has at numerous points in the last couple of seasons.

I don't dislike Siggy.

The problem is we have about 8 CMs for 3 positions (6 is probably optimum) and he's near the bottom of that list.

We need that £8m to buy a genuine left-sided player instead - someone to compete with Chadli for that bearth.

Pretty sure Townsend is a left sided midfielder.

Pretty sure Townsend is a left sided midfielder.

He's left-footed, but is principally a RM. As he can't cross, cutting in is where he's effective.

I'd be prepared to let Lennon go this summer and have Lamela and Townsend fighting it out on the right, with Chadli + 1 on the left.

i think Lamela might be more effective in a free role, i'd rather see Lennon on the right flank than Townsend

We need to make some decisions:

1. Do we need two outright defensive midfielders in Sandro and Capoue? - Yes
2. Have we given up on Dembele? - Yes
3. Does Hotlby, who couldn't get in an attrocious Fulham side towards the end, offer anything? - Yes
4. Is Paulinho as attrocious as he seems? - No
5. Is Eriksen going to play number 10 or 'inside left'? - Both, depends which formation we're using
6. Do we loan out Bentaleb? - Yes - to lower prem
7. Is Sigurdsson ever going to kick on? Does he offer enough to be a number 10? Does he have the pace and mobility to be an inside left? - No x3

Despite their obvious flaws, I do remember the Dembele-Sandro midfield looking really good. It does, however, put a massive strain on the four ahead of them to create and score goals.

On that basis, I like the idea of a Sandro-Dembele-Eriksen midfield, with Capoue-Bentaleb-Sigurdsson as back up. Paulinho, Holtby and Carroll can all go.

For me our 6 should be Sandro-new deep ballplayer-Eriksen, with Capoue-Paulinho-Holtby as back-up.

Siggy and Dembele can be sold, Carroll and Bentaleb loaned.

1) This is precisely the kind of thing that Poch at least in theory could do a lot of work with in a relatively short period of time, his decision making. Remember Lambert saying that Poch thought him how to play as a lone striker, how Schneiderlin talked about the details in movement and passing they would work on in training.

Remember that Dembele played most of his career further forward on the pitch. A forward or striker for much of his time in Holland I believe and an attacking midfielder for most of his Fulham career. Then with us thrown into a side that had just lost Modric and was lacking in creativity and then the tumultuous second season. I think there's a lot of learning still left for Dembele about that deeper role and I think he could respond very well to the change in management.

2) That is more worrying. However from the outside it's all very speculative.

Interesting stat for Dembele that I've just seen on twitter.

Total forward passes per 90 - Dembele 31.57, Paulinho 29.12, Schneiderlin 39.68

For me our 6 should be Sandro-new deep ballplayer-Eriksen, with Capoue-Paulinho-Holtby as back-up.

Siggy and Dembele can be sold, Carroll and Bentaleb loaned.

Interesting. To me, it seems imprudent to keep Paulinho as a back-up, given the reported interest at £20M or so.

Staggered you'd rather give up on Dembele - who has shown some clear quality and distinct strengths - than Paulinho, who, in my opinion, has looked utterly abject and devoid of desire. "But he starts for Brazil!"...exactly.

Plus, I know how much you buy into foreign managers' philosophies - so can you really see Sandro, who is slightly cumbersome, adopt a pressing, fluid system? Not certain I can.

I see no reason to loan Bentaleb - he's good enough to play a reasonable amount of games next season for us. Plus, unlike any of the (deeper lying) current midfielders, he can move the ball quickly. Would I be wrong to suggest you'd loan him because he's a 'product' of Sherwood's reign. I think it's fair to say you took an irrational (based on speculation) dislike to Sherwood and struggled to find a single positive (of which there were some).

He's left-footed, but is principally a RM. As he can't cross, cutting in is where he's effective.

I'd be prepared to let Lennon go this summer and have Lamela and Townsend fighting it out on the right, with Chadli + 1 on the left.

Is he? pretty sure most of his loans move he played on the left? could be wrong.

Just looked and he was on the left side for all but 1, maybe 2 clips in this video

[video=youtube;UL9a6w3MDuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL9a6w3MDuY[/video]

Last edited:
I would rather play Bentaleb than Paulinho

Sell P play B

£20m and no real loss whatsoever

Gustavo is twice the player Paulinho will ever be

Is he? pretty sure most of his loans move he played on the left? could be wrong.

Just looked and he was on the left side for all but 1, maybe 2 clips in this video

[video=youtube;UL9a6w3MDuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL9a6w3MDuY[/video]

his shooting looks much better than his crossing!

hmm, lot of mf's I'd have sold before him

good luck to him, never really had a chance to cement his place

Hmm, nt sure I like selling Siggy tbh.

Like Lennon, hasn't he got a record whereby whenever he scores we don't lose? :-k

We have too many players, somebody have to go. Sigg is not going to start many games and neither is he likely to improve much. Perfect squad player if you're in need of one, but not so good we'll actually miss him. Better to give his place to someone younger and cash in when we get a decent offer.

Back