• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Should we use the same rules relatively to judge players deemed no longer good enough

NaijaSpurs

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Why is it that when posters on here put forward a view that a particular player is no longer good enough to play for us (in a particular position) based on their performances / and perceived ability they conveniently refuse to apply a similar but appropriate test to another player in another position.

From what I have read on this forum over the past 6 months I must be in a minority that feel Andros has potential and should not be sold. One league goal (in 32 matches) is one of the many arrows thrown at him. But then the same people will not say Soldado should be sold for scoring one league goal in open play in 29 league matches.

And as for the slating Andros got for that third goal, that in itself was enough for some people for him to be sold, because that was obviously the first time an individual mistake has led to a goal. Because it is not like Lloris would ever make a poor clearance to an attacking which would result in a goal.

And for the record I would be gutted to see Lennon go as well. And is Paulinho a better midfielder than Andros or Lennon are wingers?

I cannot get over how many people are happy to see the back of Sandro. I keep reading he can't do this and he does not do that, it is as if a bout of mass amnesia has afflicted this forum and no one remembers that during Bale's wonder season, up until his injury in January, Sandro was head and shoulders our best and most consistent player.

So yes he got injured, so how about we give him a chance to get back to what he was. Heck Lamela was injured for most of last season and now he looks the most creative force at this club. And now some of you claim that Capoue is a better player than Sandro, the same Capoue that at the end of last season people were claiming was overweight and too slow.

I like most of you were exasperated by Danny Rose last season, but unlike most of you I did not think he should be sold in the summer because I still believed there was potential under the right tutelage. This season in the league Rose has definitely upped his game, maybe it was Poch or maybe it the signing of Davies but it appears to be working. But based on last season how come Rose gets a 5 year contract and Sandro gets shipped off to QPR? I was just wondering, because it is not like Sandro has never ever been good as some of the amnesiacs would have you believe.

Re: Should we use the same rules relatively to judge players deemed no longer good en

Yet to come across one comment saying they're glad to see the back of Sandro but I've seen plenty saying they're angry he's going.

You make a valid point about the way some players get it in the neck when others equally frustrating are fireproofed. However I can understand the frustration with Townsend because he's clearly going backwards at a rate of knots. Someone needs to get it into his head that he urgently needs to stop thinking he has to prove he's the next Gareth Bale and start playing FOR THE TEAM.

Danny Rose has improved to an extent but do you really believe one day he will learn how to cross? Hopefully I'm talking out of my backside but I don't see him ever bettering one-in-ten, which is no good for a CL-aspiring club like Tottenham.

Re: Should we use the same rules relatively to judge players deemed no longer good en

Just to clarify, Soldado scored 2 open play goals in the league.

Back