• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sevilla at the Lane

I don't think I have ever been so angry at a football match as I was when watching the Sevilla away leg. One of the worst ref'd games of football, ever. It was just ludicrous decision after ludicrous decision.

I remember him giving them a free-kick because Lee Young-Pyo just headed the ball, which then led to the corner that they scored from. And following THAT penalty decision. It wasn't even just all decisions against us (although mostly) the refereeing was just a travesty in all regards.

fudge Alain Hamer.

The atmosphere was amazing that night, where have those fans gone?

I remember the atmosphere that night too - absolutely fantastic.

My theory about why the atomosphere at the Lane has been a bit muted recently is that fans are only human and Spurs have been kicked in the gut soo many times in recent times with all the bad luck and poor fortune we have had to endure, it has all taken an effect. Unfortunately, it hasnt been counterbalanced by the euphoria of last minute winners, winning cups or getting into the CL.

The commulative effect has been the natural denting of confidence and undermined by poor performances - exacerbated by ceding games in the last 10 minutes. It is a two way thing. Success breeds confidence. Lack of success means (regretfully) poorer support - Arse is a good case study in this respect. It is a two way thing. We need the players to deliver and I am sure the support/noise level will return to previous times.

I too was at this match. Got in late and by the time we got to our seats we were just kicking off after going 0-2 down. One of the most memorable atmospheres I have experience though. I remember "4 goals, we only need 4 goals" being chanted as the players came out for the 2nd half.

Back