• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sevilla at the Lane

I went to the both games. The away game - all the fighting etc - strange night as I was so fudgein drunk I barely felt like I was in some kind of riot.

Home game went 2-0 down and still thought we could get through

That penalty in the 1st leg....what a f!cking joke

Horrible. The worst thing is that we had a bad patch afterwards and conceded the second.

Then in the home game there was that bizarre own goal. Players stand on the line to prevent goals at set-pieces. Malbranque somehow lost his bearings and stopped the ball going out for a goal kick and deflected it into the goal. Then we had another bad ten minutes before regaining our composure.

We were the better team for most of that tie apart from two bad patches. Its still frustrating to think about. Denting Ramos's record might also have saved some grief.

Agree. But now we're too big for our boots. Europa isn't considered big enough and to be fair it has been devalued by the way UEFA treat it.
I dunno that it's not considered big enough, I just think, as you say, UEFA have messed about with it so much it's become a bit of a mess and over-emphasised its 2nd tier status.

I'd rather they put it back to a straight knockout cup, and it shouldn't be a safety net for CL teams who aren't quite good enough.

Love to win it mind you :)

Agree. But now we're too big for our boots. Europa isn't considered big enough and to be fair it has been devalued by the way UEFA treat it.

Its only the arrogance of English fans who think the Europa is not considered a trophy worth being in, elsewhere around Europe its considered a big trophy to win.

Its only the arrogance of English fans who think the Europa is not considered a trophy worth being in, elsewhere around Europe its considered a big trophy to win.

If they placed the winner into the CL i'd find it a worthy competition to find yourself in.

Why this has not been done i just cannot fathom, it's madness.

Excluding the CL dropouts would do more than giving the winner a CL spot IMO. Next step would be cutting the number of CL entrants from each country.

If they placed the winner into the CL i'd find it a worthy competition to find yourself in.

Why this has not been done i just cannot fathom, it's madness.

Not saying i disagree with that, however the trophy is a major prize and its only here in England that it is frowned on. Which for me says more about the English fans then the importance of the trophy.

I went to this.
I was recovering from PCL reconstruction and was at the game on crutches.
Couldn't even bend my leg. Luckily it was one of those games you could get away with standing for the entire 90 minutes.
One of the greatest atmospheres I've experienced at the Lane.

Which clubs are retaining strong home atmospheres? I was at our game at the weekend against Southampton and was amazed how quiet the Southampton supporters were, especially as the club needs to have its fans behind it and singing as much as possible to push the club on. Meanwhile, our away support were fabulous continuing to sing throughout and showing how it should be done! :D We just need that much passion at our home games, who cares who we are playing? We are getting behind the players, we should sing them all the way to glory, pushing them on when we are struggling and sing in recognition of our class when we are doing well! Just sing, sing, sing!!

It's crazy because AVB clearly wants to take it seriously but the players hardly play with the same intensity which we expect in typical league games and expect to win at a canter. They show they feel they are above it.

How is it arrogant ? Its a strange cup really, meant much more in the past. Plenty of teams in other countries do not take it overly seriously - countries that tend to not reach the CL or not use to playing big games in their own league might rate it, but the PL is far more competitive. If we had a policy of not taking it seriously in order to enhance our changes of reaching the CL - it would make sense. Chances are we wont win the europa anyway, and it could mess up our PL position. So... its not arrogant, its just prioritising...

I'd much rather win the FA Cup.

How is it arrogant ? Its a strange cup really, meant much more in the past. Plenty of teams in other countries do not take it overly seriously - countries that tend to not reach the CL or not use to playing big games in their own league might rate it, but the PL is far more competitive. If we had a policy of not taking it seriously in order to enhance our changes of reaching the CL - it would make sense. Chances are we wont win the europa anyway, and it could mess up our PL position. So... its not arrogant, its just prioritising...

I'd much rather win the FA Cup.

of course its taken seriously in other countries, and your post shows just what i meant about arrogant English fans. Its to good for us is a load of flimflam.

Back