• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Set Pieces

the short corner to the front post set piece.... seems like every other team out there is using it.
we got done by porto with one too lol.

with kane and richy certainly benefit putting more efforts in set pieces.

Last edited:
Should have been a priority on the training pitch as soon as it became apparent that teams were targetting the GK at corners - several months later and it still being an issue is a pretty big cause for concern imv

Either we're not looking at ways to stop it from happening, Vicario is not suited to the PL or the coaches in charge of set pieces are clueless - or a mixture of all 3

Should have been a priority on the training pitch as soon as it became apparent that teams were targetting the GK at corners - several months later and it still being an issue is a pretty big cause for concern imv

Either we're not looking at ways to stop it from happening, Vicario is not suited to the PL or the coaches in charge of set pieces are clueless - or a mixture of all 3

Yeah it is rather weird and inexplicable. White did the exact same thing for both set piece goals on Sunday - start behind Vicario, then jump in front of him and block him. Vicario didn't even try to do anything differently to combat it the second time. I don't understand it.

Yeah it is rather weird and inexplicable. White did the exact same thing for both set piece goals on Sunday - start behind Vicario, then jump in front of him and block him. Vicario didn't even try to do anything differently to combat it the second time. I don't understand it.
He wasn’t blocking
He was reversing into him
He also tried to play with his gloves
It’s a foul if Vic or Son as captain makes a meal of it

I agree it should be a foul.

Doesn't change the fact that Vicario should be trying more to combat it.
100%
He is part of the issue
He needs to do something different
I made a joke that he should whack them
What he could do is the Hugo special… fall into his own goal before the ball is kicked
Or just drag the guy away

The keeper gets stuck on his line and is incredibly weak. Everything stems from that. The fact that every team now know this compounds it. I wonder whether we are going to have to replace the keeper as it is not as though he is a youngster still learning his trade.
Can't see that happening Finney. Think it's far more likely he spends pre season really working on this area of his game. Hes pretty good at all other aspects and it's his first season in a more physical league. Of all the areas that a goalkeeper needs to be coached/improved, I don't envisage this being a particularly difficult one to work on....

Back