• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

AND with those home games they should have another 18 points in the bag and nearly 70 points in total.
They might not need too many more from all those difficult away games.
How many points do we think we will need to win it?
Don't think it's going to be very high this season.

I think we will need 8 wins personsonally and anything on top

They will win 5 of there home games but can see them dropping points on 1 maybe

Away from home they have been very poor but it's difficult to call.

What id say is they have a very hard away run but if the keep their team fit and motivated they could win them all... They could also take no points from their games

I'd say 75 plus wins the league this season

Since I'm not a player, I'm allowed to look further ahead than one game. Five games in four weeks before the break. We need to hit 60 points before then at a minimum and preferably establish a small lead on Arsenal by winning THAT game.

Imagine being top of the league with 7 games left to play.

article-2441247-18757C6300000578-188_306x423.jpg

d33e80d36f4d590a64cb8ca0749eabd0-330x238.jpg

This won't be popular, but I wouldn't be bothered if we lost to Fiorentina. The longer we are in the Europa, the more pressure it puts on our league form having to play Sundays and playing catch up to Leicester and scum.

I agree with you. You could see Man C, Manu and cheatski all spending well over £100m each this summer and all having better managers next year.....whilst we spend very little because of the stadium. As a result this could be our best chance to win the title for the foreseeable future and the EL really hampers our chances

I agree with you. You could see Man C, Manu and cheatski all spending well over £100m each this summer and all having better managers next year.....whilst we spend very little because of the stadium. As a result this could be our best chance to win the title for the foreseeable future and the EL really hampers our chances

Other than 87 This is genuinely the only time in my life we could have won the league

I did not expect that at any point before that start of the season - although I did expect us to have a good season and challenge for top 4

But for me id 100% like a fully focussed push on the league. Our record after Europa is poor to mixed and of that record carries on it could cost us this chance. We will possibly not get a better chance of winning the league due to the money teams throwing money at it. But we are going to get better

I'd love to win the Europa as its a good competition but not a patch on winning the league

This won't be popular, but I wouldn't be bothered if we lost to Fiorentina. The longer we are in the Europa, the more pressure it puts on our league form having to play Sundays and playing catch up to Leicester and scum.
Thing is, it doesn't usually work like that. We lose to Fiorentina immediately after a defeat to Palace and all of a sudden we lose our momentum too. So we end up starting to lose in the League and pffft, we're back where we were under 'Arry a few years back, end up empty handed.

Back in the early 70s and early 80s we were often in long cup runs as well as playing 42 League games a season in those day yet we still carried on winning most of the time. Ended up winning six trophies and finishing high in the League most times, although we were never really in a race for the title iirc.

So no, let's keep the momentum going for as long as possible please.

Thing is, it doesn't usually work like that. We lose to Fiorentina immediately after a defeat to Palace and all of a sudden we lose our momentum too. So we end up starting to lose in the League and pffft, we're back where we were under 'Arry a few years back, end up empty handed.

Back in the early 70s and early 80s we were often in long cup runs as well as playing 42 League games a season in those day yet we still carried on winning most of the time. Ended up winning six trophies and finishing high in the League most times, although we were never really in a race for the title iirc.

So no, let's keep the momentum going for as long as possible please.

The momentum thing is huge

No back to back defeats all season and generally good runs afterwards

Give me 6 wins and a defeat every time now

We've put ourselves in a position where going out against Fiorentina isn't going to sting as much as it would have done in a more disappointing league season.

Still want us to go through, still want us to win. But I won't care quite as much as I would have in previous seasons.

I really think Pochettino is getting his rotation for these 3 cup games pretty much spot on. I imagine we'll play a somewhat changed team again against Fiorentina to be ready for the Swansea game.

So every year we're in the title race, we bail out of Europe?

You're taking things to extremes...

Jurgen is saying he won't be bothered if we get knocked out. That's the furthest anyone's gone as far as I can see. That's not the same as "bailing out of Europe".

Pochettino is finding a really good balance in my opinion. Rotating in the cup games, focusing on the league, but still putting out teams strong enough in the cups to be the best team on the pitch.

From now on. :)

I actually agree with your point.. If we dont collapse this year then next year we will rightly be talked of as title contenders, we will also be in the champions league, although the early stages are rubbish you look at the teams and this is now as strong as the champs league without Barca,Madrid,Munich.

Anyway i expect a result thursday, every loss has been followed by a very good run and so this as the scum result in the CC could prove to be a blessing in disguise.

If it was a 2 horse race then getting knocked out makes sense, but its a 25% shot as far as i see it, id have all the teams on same odds.

I don't think it's right to want to get knocked out of Europe. I can't think of anything worse than having the players sitting at home having a whole week to wait before the next game because they've just dropped points at home to Bournemouth and having to hear everyone talk about how they choke.

When it's something as monumental as becoming an actual champion, I want them to be working out the kinks immediately in the next game, I want the entire squad to be able to be involved and pushing each other and I want a culture of winning embedded in to the club. We don't hear Barca, Atletico, Real, Man United or Chelsea (when they were good) talk about getting knocked out of the CL to preserve their title challenge. When they were good they would be going for everything. This year we are good. This year we can potentially be the best team in England, not a team that has having a complete outlier of a season like Leceister but a team that after so many years of being happy in the top 4/5/6, is finally making the breakthrough based on excellent coaching, a trust in youth and consistent performances based on a system of working that the entire club buys into.

The idea that we should be a top team and be happy not to win every game is a bad one. Getting knocked out to preserve a charge for 4th, when at the start of the season you'd wanna win the league (e.g. Arsenal) is something entirely different. That isn't pressure, it's playing for the bear minimum that they should expect and woopdedoo for them. If we are a top team we can handle it all.

Just been looking at when Arsenal can squeeze in their replay v Hull, given (i presumed!) that their next three midweeks are taken up with either Champs League v Barca or the Prem fixtures on Tue 1st/Wed 2nd March.

However, according to the BBC site, the return leg away at Barca is actually THREE weeks after the first leg!???!! Is this normal? I thought it was just a fortnight between the two games? I'm assuming it's not been pushed back to make room for the replay v Hull (UEFA would never budge for FA surely??!).

Just hoping for their squad to be stretched as much as poss of course, particularly in build up to NLD.

Last edited:
Back